WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

JXander wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, a reliable source told me they'll be no more decisions til the end of February, she told me last week, but I didn't believe her. Now I think they're waiting til they send out schollys before doing any more decisions.

WHAT. Who is your reliable source? Otherwise, I'm convinced you're just messing with us.

No I'm being serious. It was a lurker on this site who had called the school and told via the phone call "and they said don't expect to hear back from us until at least the end of the month / early march... b/c they had a "huge influx of apps dec-jan"

I didn't put much value in it but thought I would just share the information now that it seems more likely.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:28 pm

shntn wrote:
JXander wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, a reliable source told me they'll be no more decisions til the end of February, she told me last week, but I didn't believe her. Now I think they're waiting til they send out schollys before doing any more decisions.

WHAT. Who is your reliable source? Otherwise, I'm convinced you're just messing with us.

+1

This ain't journalism. Protecting your source is BS.

+1
No deep throat here.
Well, maybe. Haven't checked first hand yet :shock:

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
JXander wrote:

No I'm being serious. It was a lurker on this site who had called the school and told via the phone call "and they said don't expect to hear back from us until at least the end of the month / early march... b/c they had a "huge influx of apps dec-jan"

I didn't put much value in it but thought I would just share the information now that it seems more likely.

That said, I expect some will still hear sooner.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:
JXander wrote:

+1

+1
No deep throat here.

Did I just get hit on? :mrgreen:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

shntn wrote:That said, I expect some will still hear sooner.

Right this too. I was just passing info along.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:30 pm

That's crazy...the Jan/Dec applicants probably make up a huge chunk of the total applicant pool..probably anywhere from 30-50%. I can't believe that they'd hold off on addressing those applications until after initial schollies go out..

Hopefully your source is wrong. Just because, and this is my own paranoid theory so take it with a grain of salt, if he/she is right, then WUSTL might low-ball their initial scholly offers for currently-admitted students. If there are that many applicants who still need to be reviewed for scholly, then they'd have to earmark some of the scholarship pool* for them. Better to low-ball the early offers and have extra at the end than give too much in the beginning and not have enough for the second wave of admits.

*Scholly pool meaning their pre-determined allowance for tuition discounts. Not actual money
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm

shntn wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:

+1

+1
No deep throat here.

Did I just get hit on? :mrgreen:

With your avatar, isn't it obvious??

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm not that kind of gi....oh who am I kidding?

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm

shntn wrote:I'm not that kind of gi....oh who am I kidding?

LOL

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Just think, what would Patsy do ?

EDIT: I know what would Marlon do 8)

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 pm

JXander wrote:

LOL

shntn is laying groundwork at all possible law schools. Gurl is putting in werq.

danielr

Postby danielr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 pm

cusenation wrote:

That's crazy...the Jan/Dec applicants probably make up a huge chunk of the total applicant pool..probably anywhere from 30-50%. I can't believe that they'd hold off on addressing those applications until after initial schollies go out..

Hopefully your source is wrong. Just because, and this is my own paranoid theory so take it with a grain of salt, if he/she is right, then WUSTL might low-ball their initial scholly offers for currently-admitted students. If there are that many applicants who still need to be reviewed for scholly, then they'd have to earmark some of the scholarship pool* for them. Better to low-ball the early offers and have extra at the end than give too much in the beginning and not have enough for the second wave of admits.

*Scholly pool meaning their pre-determined allowance for tuition discounts. Not actual money

Your disclaimer notwithstanding, I still think we shouldn't get too carried away with our (even slightly informed) speculations. They are going to offer scholarships to students who show academic promise, have good credentials, and who they think want to go there and would fit in well. I'm confident this will be done regardless of when one applies, and if time of application has any weight in their decisions it is most likely in favor of early applicants that they have been able to evaluate, speak with, and in some cases meet face to face.

Deep breaths, everyone. We're almost in the middle of February, and there are only 28 days in this month anyway. Out of a 4-week month, we are already one down. One down, three more to go. Not a bad timeline if you're waiting to hear about financial aid or admittance. (And to add to the growing consensus, I have faith that wannabelawstudent will be admitted and attending Wash U ultimately. Keep the faith, brother.)

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 pm

danielr wrote:Deep breaths, everyone. We're almost in the middle of February, and there are only 28 days in this month anyway. Out of a 4-week month, we are already one down. One down, three more to go. Not a bad timeline if you're waiting to hear about financial aid or admittance. (And to add to the growing consensus, I have faith that wannabelawstudent will be admitted and attending Wash U ultimately. Keep the faith, brother.)

+1 ever the voice of reason =)

On a side note, I sat at my desk for a solid ten minutes just staring at this

--ImageRemoved--

icanbeohyes

Postby icanbeohyes » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Got updated to 2/7/13. I know it means nothing, but still hoping for a decision tomorrow.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Just FYI, for anyone still undecided.

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/02/the-most ... -rankings/

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 pm

soccerfreak wrote:Just FYI, for anyone still undecided.

Put this in the Choosing a Law School forum, followed by "/forum."

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 pm

shntn wrote:

Don't. You'll just get "retake. Get 175+ go to HYS or a full ride to CLS/Chicago. If not, retake."

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:

Don't. You'll just get "retake. Get 175+ go to HYS or a full ride to CLS/Chicago. If not, retake."
:roll:

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 pm

well shit. i wonder if i call and beg i'll get my seat back.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:

:oops:
Sorry still slightly annoyed from my own thread on the choosing a law school forum

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Lower living costs= extra money = moar beer!!!!!!

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Don't. You'll just get "retake. Get 175+ go to HYS or a full ride to CLS/Chicago. If not, retake."

Sorry still slightly annoyed from my own thread on the choosing a law school forum

Me too :?

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

cusenation wrote:

Lower living costs= extra money = moar beer!!!!!!

You can keep your BigLaw spreadsheets and your post-2008 associate calculations. This right here is your most incisive post yet. The logic is flawless.

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Don't. You'll just get "retake. Get 175+ go to HYS or a full ride to CLS/Chicago. If not, retake."

Me three

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:

Me three

Annoyed at me or at the responses I got?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”