WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:You can't escape the 'Retake, ED UVA.' This is TLS.

Yes you can, just have a shitty GPA and work experience and you'll get "Retake, go to Northwestern"

FTFY

Right but I have work experience. Not as prestigious as a hotdogger but work experience nonetheless.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Right but I have work experience. Not as prestigious as a hotdogger but work experience nonetheless.

Then congratulations! Retake, and you too can have $250,000 in debt!

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 pm

cusenation wrote:
Unoriginalist wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Cuse and I were talking about this the other day.. Since the WUSTL Law apparel selection is really weak and the stuff they do have is ugly, would anyone with some graphic design talent want to design a sweatshirt or something that we can have custom printed for people who want one?

That would be awesome.

A part of me thinks that it could just be as easy as telling Clifford or someone in the office that there's a lack of desirable law school apparel..Maybe they'd just make more options for us...Even if they didn't I know students at other schools have internal apparel sales as class fundraisers and stuff...I'd be surprised if the existing classes at WUSTL never did this, and if they didn't, it wouldn't be hard for us to do anyway

Yeah maybe so, but I don't wanna start causing problems before scholarships come out if not :lol:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Xs20 wrote:
cusenation wrote:A part of me thinks that it could just be as easy as telling Clifford or someone in the office that there's a lack of desirable law school apparel..Maybe they'd just make more options for us...Even if they didn't I know students at other schools have internal apparel sales as class fundraisers and stuff...I'd be surprised if the existing classes at WUSTL never did this, and if they didn't, it wouldn't be hard for us to do anyway

Yeah maybe so, but I don't wanna start causing problems before scholarships come out if not :lol:

You don't like our WUSTL sweatshirts? Well lets see if you like OUR WAITLIST.

ETA: I don't care if mine was first, sunny just scooped me.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Xs20 wrote:Yeah maybe so, but I don't wanna start causing problems before scholarships come out if not :lol:

Dean Clifford pushed the keyboard away from her, giving her enough space to rest her elbows on the desk while she scrolled through the active WUSTL threads on TLS. Usually, she had someone on her staff do the meticulous job of logging reactions to what their office was doing. Not this year. This year was too important. She knew WUSTL was a top 20 school, USNWR be damned! She was going to do everything in her power to get her school the ranking it deserved.

Oh, an orange sticky by the c/o 2016 thread. Well, the applicants' thread. It bothered her that the students this year didn't have it together enough to differentiate the titles between the application thread and the actual C/O 2016 thread. No worries, she'd take it out on the OPs' scholarship packages.

She leaned back in her chair a bit, allowing her normally proper yet comfortable posture to slouch a little. So much inanity, she was used to this. LOL intramural sports. It was cute watching law students pretend they're athletic. Then, it happened.

She adjusted her glasses, not sure she was reading the right thread until she got to the most damning part.

"They think our logos on the sweaters look like they were copied and pasted!?"

This was one step too far. The posters thought they were oh so clever, oh so anonymous. Her brow furrowed as she whipped out her manifest.

"Xs20: $0"
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 pm

loooooolllllllllll

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Yeah maybe so, but I don't wanna start causing problems before scholarships come out if not :lol:

Dean Clifford pushed the keyboard away from her, giving her enough space to rest her elbows on the desk while she scrolled through the active WUSTL threads on TLS. Usually, she had someone on her staff do the meticulous job of logging reactions to what their office was doing. Not this year. This year was too important. She knew WUSTL was a top 20 school, USNWR be damned! She was going to do everything in her power to get her school the ranking it deserved.

Oh, an orange sticky by the c/o 2016 thread. Well, the applicants' thread. It bothered her that the students this year didn't have it together enough to differentiate the titles between the application thread and the actual C/O 2016 thread. No worries, she'd take it out on the OPs' scholarship packages.

She leaned back in her chair a bit, allowing her normally proper yet comfortable posture to slouch a little. So much inanity, she was used to this. LOL intramural sports. It was cute watching law students pretend they're athletic. Then, it happened.

She adjusted her glasses, not sure she was reading the right thread until she got to the most damning part.

This was one step too far. The posters thought they were oh so clever, oh so anonymous. Her brow furrowed as she whipped out her manifest.

Dead.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

180 hahahahahaha

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

180 hahahahahaha

+1
Made my morning (it's 937am here)

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Ermergerd. UR status updated to 2/7.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Yo Dean,

If I get an acceptance email today I'll send a check for 2 of your magnificently designed WUSTL apparel along with my seat deposit.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

JXander wrote:Ermergerd. UR status updated to 2/7.

Mine too!

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:51 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:

Mine too!

When did you guys apply/complete?

andy261

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Xs20 wrote:Cuse and I were talking about this the other day.. Since the WUSTL Law apparel selection is really weak and the stuff they do have is ugly, would anyone with some graphic design talent want to design a sweatshirt or something that we can have custom printed for people who want one?

If I end up attending, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Maybe if several people came up with designs, we could vote on which one(s) people wanted.

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:55 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

Mine too!

Sent: 10/30.
Complete: 11/7.

Edit: I also had an update around 1/28.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:56 pm

JXander wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

Mine too!

Sent: 10/30.

Oh, so I have a LONG way to go with my 12/20 sent and most recent 1/15 complete :oops:

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

Mine too!

Complete: 1/24
Last status date: 2/5

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:03 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
JXander wrote:Sent: 10/30.

Oh, so I have a LONG way to go with my 12/20 sent and most recent 1/15 complete :oops:

The timeline isn't necessarily proportional to when you submitted/went complete. I submitted at the end of October as well and I got a decision by early December. Most of the applications that they're reviewing now probably went complete in late December/early January

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 pm

cusenation wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

The timeline isn't necessarily proportional to when you submitted/went complete. I submitted at the end of October as well and I got a decision by early December. Most of the applications that they're reviewing now probably went complete in late December/early January

You're getting my hopes up for a decision (or the predicted rejection) today/before the end of the week

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:07 pm

cusenation wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

It can depend on your scores*, too. If they're high enough and everything in your packet it OK, you're pretty much an auto-admit.

*Especially LSAT...WUSTL appears to place a little more weight on it than other schools near its ranking. Check LSN.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:09 pm

JXander wrote:
cusenation wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

It can depend on your scores*, too. If they're high enough and everything in your packet it OK, you're pretty much an auto-admit.

*Especially LSAT...WUSTL appears to place a little more weight on it than other schools near its ranking. Check LSN.

Hopes for a decision today/by the end of the week are crushed :cry:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm

FYI, a reliable source told me they'll be no more decisions til the end of February, she told me last week, but I didn't believe her. Now I think they're waiting til they send out schollys before doing any more decisions.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:16 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, a reliable source told me they'll be no more decisions til the end of February, she told me last week, but I didn't believe her. Now I think they're waiting til they send out schollys before doing any more decisions.

They why are they doing the status update tease? :evil:

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:24 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, a reliable source told me they'll be no more decisions til the end of February, she told me last week, but I didn't believe her. Now I think they're waiting til they send out schollys before doing any more decisions.

WHAT. Who is your reliable source? Otherwise, I'm convinced you're just messing with us.

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:25 pm

JXander wrote:

WHAT. Who is your reliable source? Otherwise, I'm convinced you're just messing with us.

+1

This ain't journalism. Protecting your source is BS.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”