WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

andy261 wrote:
Crowing wrote:
andy261 wrote:I believe a student said that a stipulation of AB's funding was that only their products would be served, which is fair enough.

I wonder if this includes Stella Artois.

Haha it does! I had two at the reception. 8)

Just two? You're gonna have to up your game in law school, dude.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:35 pm

shntn wrote:
andy261 wrote:
Crowing wrote:
andy261 wrote:I believe a student said that a stipulation of AB's funding was that only their products would be served, which is fair enough.

Gotta save room for the scotch

andy261

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm

shntn wrote:
andy261 wrote:
Crowing wrote:

Bad idea to get drunk in front of the deans, bro. The drinking continued on through happy hour and afterward anyways.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 pm

I wonder if i can leverage an offer from TFA to get more scholly..anyone know?

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Just got my first ding. Here's hoping WUSTL turns my day around.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

hoos89 wrote:
cusenation wrote:I wonder if i can leverage an offer from TFA to get more scholly..anyone know?

I sincerely doubt it. Although if you actually did TFA and came back in a later cycle you would be a more attractive candidate.

Dammmitttt i really don't wanna push law school back even more after already taking a year off. Whatever, i'll cross that bridge if and when i come to it

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 pm

cusenation wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
cusenation wrote:I wonder if i can leverage an offer from TFA to get more scholly..anyone know?

I sincerely doubt it. Although if you actually did TFA and came back in a later cycle you would be a more attractive candidate.

Dammmitttt i really don't wanna push law school back even more after already taking a year off. Whatever, i'll cross that bridge if and when i come to it

If you do withdrawal from WUSTL...demand that I take your spot (although I hope we both go together)

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 pm

cusenation wrote:Dammmitttt i really don't wanna push law school back even more after already taking a year off. Whatever, i'll cross that bridge if and when i come to it

+1

I feel like I've kinda dicked around and wasted a lot of time.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Just got my first ding. Here's hoping WUSTL turns my day around.

We're all rooting for you!

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:54 pm

shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:Dammmitttt i really don't wanna push law school back even more after already taking a year off. Whatever, i'll cross that bridge if and when i come to it

+1

+2

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

shntn wrote:

+1

Weinermobile

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:

+1

+2

+3

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Just got my first ding. Here's hoping WUSTL turns my day around.

First read-through, thought you were dinged from WUSTL, was majorly bummed. But then re-read it, turns out it was just some dumpy school in Indiana. Still alive, dude.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm

hoos89 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
hoos89 wrote:

Also on a more general note, WUSTL is notorious for not negotiating scholarships, and their offer will usually be higher than any peer school anyway. This is not to say that you shouldn't try; it won't hurt.

+1

Yeah I found out last year that it's pretty hard to negotiate with a school that gave you more than everyone else..

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:01 pm

My Minnesota offer was pretty nice given my terrible GPA. I really hope WUSTL tops it.

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:My Minnesota offer was pretty nice given my terrible GPA. I really hope WUSTL tops it.

I think you need to check your pronouns, bro.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 pm

In 10-12 days time we shall all be rolling around in discounted tuition dollars

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Am I alone in my bitterness toward A-B InBev? I grew up in St. Louis, and currently live here. I remember the hostile takeover of A-B by InBev, and the layoffs, cost-cutting, and basic gutting of the once amazing downtown brewery.

I'm not trying to be a downer. And I certainly don't fault anyone for enjoying an A-B InBev product: free beer is free beer. It was just a crappy time for St. Louis pride, something that is in very short supply these days.

On a more positive note, the excitement a lot of you guys show toward the city and the school is heartening! I'm pretty committed to this place, long-term, so it always feels good to see young professionals (or aspiring professionals) talking about living and working here. The 2010 census was not good to us....

I hope all of you visitors to the city liked what you saw during ASD. The Wash U campus really is something, and Forest Park truly is the gem of the city. There are, of course, quite a lot of other attractions in the city. If anyone ends up attending, PM me if you need or want any information about housing, entertainment, work, etc. I can direct you to such things as $5 movie tickets in a theater full of couches and beer, and decent studio apartments near campus for $450 with utilities included.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:My Minnesota offer was pretty nice given my terrible GPA. I really hope WUSTL tops it.

I think you need to check your pronouns, bro.

St. Louis would top Minneapolis. St. Lunatics and all.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm

danielr wrote:Am I alone in my bitterness toward A-B InBev? I grew up in St. Louis, and currently live here. I remember the hostile takeover of A-B by InBev, and the layoffs, cost-cutting, and basic gutting of the once amazing downtown brewery.

I'm not trying to be a downer. And I certainly don't fault anyone for enjoying an A-B InBev product: free beer is free beer. It was just a crappy time for St. Louis pride, something that is in very short supply these days.

On a more positive note, the excitement a lot of you guys show toward the city and the school is heartening! I'm pretty committed to this place, long-term, so it always feels good to see young professionals (or aspiring professionals) talking about living and working here. The 2010 census was not good to us....

I hope all of you visitors to the city liked what you saw during ASD. The Wash U campus really is something, and Forest Park truly is the gem of the city. There are, of course, quite a lot of other attractions in the city. If anyone ends up attending, PM me if you need or want any information about housing, entertainment, work, etc. I can direct you to such things as $5 movie tickets in a theater full of couches and beer, and decent studio apartments near campus for $450 with utilities included.

TY good sir!

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:22 pm

danielr wrote:If anyone ends up attending, PM me if you need or want any information about housing, entertainment, work, etc. I can direct you to such things as $5 movie tickets in a theater full of couches and beer, and decent studio apartments near campus for $450 with utilities included.

Thank you! I'll be sure to take you up on that offer! And yes I was pretty irked when I found out InBev moved corporate HQ to NYC. But there's still a manufacturing center (or some other large facility) based in St. Louis no?

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm

cusenation wrote:
danielr wrote:If anyone ends up attending, PM me if you need or want any information about housing, entertainment, work, etc. I can direct you to such things as $5 movie tickets in a theater full of couches and beer, and decent studio apartments near campus for $450 with utilities included.

Thank you! I'll be sure to take you up on that offer! And yes I was pretty irked when I found out InBev moved corporate HQ to NYC. But there's still a manufacturing center (or some other large facility) based in St. Louis no?

True. The brewery is still in operation, and many people do still work there. The changes brought by InBev were not so radical as shutting down the St. Louis brewery or completely moving operations to a different city, thankfully. In fact, some things have probably improved (for example, A-B brewmasters began to realize that craft brewing is gaining in popularity, so they experimented more with special releases outside of the normal, standard--and terrible--Budweiser fare), but for the city it was quite a blow.

lukertin

Postby lukertin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm

cusenation wrote:Thank you! I'll be sure to take you up on that offer! And yes I was pretty irked when I found out InBev moved corporate HQ to NYC. But there's still a manufacturing center (or some other large facility) based in St. Louis no?

Of course there is. You must go there, take the tour of the manufacturing facility and enjoy your two free beers (mandatory).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”