WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
anteater1

Silver

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Post by anteater1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Admitted today via Phone Interview.

Very nice phone call, asked me about work experience and we had a lengthy conversation about visiting campus.

da1sy

New

Post by da1sy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 am

Anyone else have an interview that didn't end with happy news? I had mine with Krystal Orr and she seemed pretty rushed. She spent most of it elaborating on the programs they have that correspond to my interests and ended with the whole "you definitely have a lot of the qualities we seek in our applicants, you'll hear back from us very soon" spiel. It was all over in 15 minutes tops, which hopefully just means I've already been admitted but she wants to be coy with me. Grrr.

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 am

da1sy wrote:Anyone else have an interview that didn't end with happy news? I had mine with Krystal Orr and she seemed pretty rushed. She spent most of it elaborating on the programs they have that correspond to my interests and ended with the whole "you definitely have a lot of the qualities we seek in our applicants, you'll hear back from us very soon" spiel. It was all over in 15 minutes tops, which hopefully just means I've already been admitted but she wants to be coy with me. Grrr.
I didn't even get that. I mean, I know my LSAT is not high enough for them, but they spend so much time highlighting my GPA and other softs that I thought I was going to get waitlisted at the very least. We just cordially wrapped up our interview and hung up.

Circlewave

Bronze

Post by Circlewave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:31 am

JakeAsch wrote:
da1sy wrote:Anyone else have an interview that didn't end with happy news? I had mine with Krystal Orr and she seemed pretty rushed. She spent most of it elaborating on the programs they have that correspond to my interests and ended with the whole "you definitely have a lot of the qualities we seek in our applicants, you'll hear back from us very soon" spiel. It was all over in 15 minutes tops, which hopefully just means I've already been admitted but she wants to be coy with me. Grrr.
I didn't even get that. I mean, I know my LSAT is not high enough for them, but they spend so much time highlighting my GPA and other softs that I thought I was going to get waitlisted at the very least. We just cordially wrapped up our interview and hung up.
i requested an interview, and mine is with Orr. i'm in the same boat - i figured asking for an interview would show a solid interest in the school, and it'll give me a chance to talk a little bit about GPA discrepancies and such.

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:13 am

In today over phone interview. 166/3.7

Wonderful conversation with Ms. Clifford - very cordial, very easy to talk to, and really brought WUSTL up to be competitive for final decision in my mind. Interviews really were a genius idea - I found myself wishing other schools had done the same.

I will certainly be interested to see about scholarships in February!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Accepted via Skype interview! 3.1/166, so definitely a reach for me. This is good news.

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Has anyone gotten physical acceptance letters in the mail? I had one of the first interviews on 12/5, but haven't seen anything since.

Not that it will say anything new, but it would soothe my neuroses to have a physical acceptance (as opposed to a phone conversation that I can barely remember...maybe she didn't say I was accepted, and I'm misremembering?!?)

Circlewave

Bronze

Post by Circlewave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 pm

seems like they're taking all 166+

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:32 pm

No interview invite and no acceptance letter. Above both 75ths.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ks2499

Bronze

Post by ks2499 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:57 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Has anyone gotten physical acceptance letters in the mail? I had one of the first interviews on 12/5, but haven't seen anything since.

Not that it will say anything new, but it would soothe my neuroses to have a physical acceptance (as opposed to a phone conversation that I can barely remember...maybe she didn't say I was accepted, and I'm misremembering?!?)
I've been having the exact same thoughts! Interviewed and accepted 12/7 and haven't received anything since.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm

ks2499 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Has anyone gotten physical acceptance letters in the mail? I had one of the first interviews on 12/5, but haven't seen anything since.

I've been having the exact same thoughts! Interviewed and accepted 12/7 and haven't received anything since.
I was not outright offered an acceptance, but there were definitely strong allusions to it. Status checker update on the 7th, but no email and no snail mail. Kind of has me worried since everyone else seems to have received explicit offers of admissions and not just hints at one.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Just got my acceptance letter today. Dean Clifford attached into about a clinic that we talked about on the phone, and the packet also included an admitted students checklist, info on how to log into the admitted students site, and a pamphlet on the school/St. Louis. Looks like an absolutely beautiful campus.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Paraflam wrote:Just got my acceptance letter today. Dean Clifford attached into about a clinic that we talked about on the phone, and the packet also included an admitted students checklist, info on how to log into the admitted students site, and a pamphlet on the school/St. Louis. Looks like an absolutely beautiful campus.
*packs up things and rushes home to check mail*

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

da1sy

New

Post by da1sy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Paraflam wrote:Just got my acceptance letter today. Dean Clifford attached into about a clinic that we talked about on the phone, and the packet also included an admitted students checklist, info on how to log into the admitted students site, and a pamphlet on the school/St. Louis. Looks like an absolutely beautiful campus.
+1

All the ways I can obsessively check on my various application statuses are both strangely soothing in the face of finals stress and an extremely easy way to procrastinate.

edit: sp

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:46 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
grumble grumble grumble

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I received one last Saturday, but I didn't interview.

Granfalloon12

Bronze

Post by Granfalloon12 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Does the official acceptance letter include scholarship info, or do we have to wait longer for that?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Granfalloon12 wrote:Does the official acceptance letter include scholarship info, or do we have to wait longer for that?
No scholly info. Dean Clifford said the scholarship budget will come out in February.

Granfalloon12

Bronze

Post by Granfalloon12 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Paraflam wrote:
Granfalloon12 wrote:Does the official acceptance letter include scholarship info, or do we have to wait longer for that?
No scholly info. Dean Clifford said the scholarship budget will come out in February.
Good to know, thanks. It was one of those things I meant to ask about somehow in the interview but totally slipped my mind.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 am

JakeAsch wrote:
I'd say you at least have a shot. Looks like you have good softs, and WUSTL likes splitters, including reverse splitters. Softs only matter sporadically if you can't help the medians, but if you can help at least one of them and have something else major to add, I wouldn't give up hope...although, history tells us that reverse splitters (high gpa, low lsat) have to wait the absolute longest. You might not hear until May. We have a fairly awesome (one of the best in the country...we're pretty much on par with Harvard) moot court program, so if you already have had success in that, the admissions office may be interested. It's not too late to try a February retake just to make sure/try for some scholarships.

The best part about moot court is that your law school grades barely matter if you can win some awards in it. Most law students are socially awkward and are totally ineffective at arguing a case orally in front of a judge. I know incredibly wealthy lawyers whose goal was simply to get just above failing grade-wise at schools far worse than WUSTL that killed it in moot court and now are driving around in $80,000 cars.

It's not easy to make our our highest level team, though.

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:48 am

tag

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 pm

In yesterday via interview. Dean Clifford was really nice!!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:01 pm

8)

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:42 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:8)
:?:

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote: 8)
:?:
Got my letter a little late. I always forget to add 2-3 days for Miami time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”