WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
teiswei

Silver

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Post by teiswei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 am

decisions tomorrow?

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

teiswei wrote:decisions tomorrow?
They're gonna be getting admits drunk all afternoon, so who knows?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 am

shntn wrote:
+1

rabbitrun

Bronze

Post by rabbitrun » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

cusenation wrote:
shntn wrote:
+1
Law school beer goggles?

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:07 am

rabbitrun wrote:
cusenation wrote:
shntn wrote:
+1
Law school beer goggles?
From the pics I've seen, unnecessary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rabbitrun

Bronze

Post by rabbitrun » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:08 am

shntn wrote:
rabbitrun wrote:
Law school beer goggles?
I agree. I was thinking more along the lines of when you are reading COA

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 am

rabbitrun wrote:
shntn wrote:
rabbitrun wrote:
Law school beer goggles?
I agree. I was thinking more along the lines of when you are reading COA
Oh well that's a universal practice, so yeah.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 am

JayJones78 wrote: Interested to read what you thought about the interview since I interviewed with her as well.
I had a pretty good experience. As seems to be the norm, she went over stuff in my résumé and application, asked me about my major and filled in some gaps in my timeline that weren't very clear. I don't remember too many of the actual specifics, but it was very casual and personable.

She kept alluding to a decision and saying that I would hear back from them "very soon" but never explicitly said I was admitted. I had my interview the first day they started doing them, so when I hung up I felt great, thinking I had gotten in for sure. Then I checked TLS and saw all the "OMG I'M IN" posts and got really nervous. I'm not sure if she just prefers to not extend offers over the phone or if they're doing some kind of experiment with making offers and which method gins up more excitement.

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:Yeah, I'm not really the tear-my-hair-out type, so I'm hanging in there, but I would really love an acceptance. As you said, it does really seem like the method of notification has varied considerably, so I'm going to keep positive even I've got a while to go. Either way, thanks for the back-pat!
WOAH Did you actually get into UGA with that GPA?! You must have some awesome softs!
Haha! It's a weird thing to try and self-evaluate one's softs when I'm sure the vast majority of applicants all have certain strengths. While I'm certainly not an Olympian, I have had a busy few years since graduation. Also, I'd like to think that my addendum is as reasonable as could be for such a stupidly low GPA (I withdrew late from the equivalent of about 9 classes, so think 36ish credits of 0.0). Either way, UGA was really, really fast, so maybe they're showing an affinity for high levels of WE? I'm also pretty public interest-y, so maybe that's it. It's a strange game we're playing, that's for certain. Are you leaning WUSTL or is it way too early to tell?

Saul: thanks for including the bit about the interview. Good to know and congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 am

shntn wrote:
rabbitrun wrote: beer goggles?
8)

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 am

crossingfingers wrote: Haha! It's a weird thing to try and self-evaluate one's softs when I'm sure the vast majority of applicants all have certain strengths. While I'm certainly not an Olympian, I have had a busy few years since graduation. Also, I'd like to think that my addendum is as reasonable as could be for such a stupidly low GPA (I withdrew late from the equivalent of about 9 classes, so think 36ish credits of 0.0). Either way, UGA was really, really fast, so maybe they're showing an affinity for high levels of WE? I'm also pretty public interest-y, so maybe that's it. It's a strange game we're playing, that's for certain. Are you leaning WUSTL or is it way too early to tell?

Saul: thanks for including the bit about the interview. Good to know and congrats!
Whatever you've done, it's obviously made a good impression. I have a sub-3.0, too, for almost the exact same reason. Unfortunately, I took some time off and then went back to school to finish up my bachelor's, so even though that train wreck of a record is from over 6 years ago, there's not much distance between me and my bad GPA on paper.

My cycle still isn't completely over. WUSTL is known for good scholarship offers and that is going to be the majority of the basis for my decision, so let's hope February brings good news!

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote: Interested to read what you thought about the interview since I interviewed with her as well.
I had a pretty good experience. As seems to be the norm, she went over stuff in my résumé and application, asked me about my major and filled in some gaps in my timeline that weren't very clear. I don't remember too many of the actual specifics, but it was very casual and personable.

She kept alluding to a decision and saying that I would hear back from them "very soon" but never explicitly said I was admitted. I had my interview the first day they started doing them, so when I hung up I felt great, thinking I had gotten in for sure. Then I checked TLS and saw all the "OMG I'M IN" posts and got really nervous. I'm not sure if she just prefers to not extend offers over the phone or if they're doing some kind of experiment with making offers and which method gins up more excitement.
I thought the same things other than it was a little shorter than I expected, and I didn't get the "you will hear back very soon". I felt she liked what she heard from me and I touched base in almost everything I wanted. I did think after i was done thst I could have gotten into a few more things though. Overall my app has a lot of info and my résumé, PS and DS give a really good picture of who I am and what I bring into the table. I am still happy I spoke to her, just wished the interview was a little longer and that she would have offered me a spot right there :) but with my #s I'm not surprised she didn't :roll:

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Whatever you've done, it's obviously made a good impression. I have a sub-3.0, too, for almost the exact same reason. Unfortunately, I took some time off and then went back to school to finish up my bachelor's, so even though that train wreck of a record is from over 6 years ago, there's not much distance between me and my bad GPA on paper.

My cycle still isn't completely over. WUSTL is known for good scholarship offers and that is going to be the majority of the basis for my decision, so let's hope February brings good news!
Yeah, we're nearly identical then. I had my first two years at school (nearly 15 years ago now), then one year off, two years back at school (ending with the withdrawal), then a year and a half before I went back and completed my last semester. I hear what you're saying about not feeling like you're not distant enough from it, but I feel like the schools are smart enough to look at where the bulk of the work came from.

I also ignored the advice on TLS about the worthlessness of attending LSAC forums and other events where you can meet and speak with admin reps. I've been to everything I can attend and and I'm pretty certain it's made a difference in a few cases. Hope you see the right $ amount in February!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:50 am

About to head to the airport. Checked the weather, am very disappointed to see there won't be snow.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:About to head to the airport. Checked the weather, am very disappointed to see there won't be snow.
Nice selftar.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 am

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:About to head to the airport. Checked the weather, am very disappointed to see there won't be snow.
Nice selftar.
Thanks! I've been A cookie fiend since going off the no carb thing.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:48 am

How can you function with so little sleep? :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 am

Crowing wrote:
How can you function with so little sleep? :shock:
Just wait for it.

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 am

Just noticed that my status finally updated from November something-or-other to 1/23. About time.

jrstephens1991

Bronze

Post by jrstephens1991 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Still complete 11/5

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Been editing the same frkn video for a client on Final Cut for the past 4 hours and all I can think about is the kids boozing up at ASD. :evil:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm

cusenation wrote:Been editing the same frkn video for a client on Final Cut for the past 4 hours and all I can think about is the kids boozing up at ASD. :evil:
Your time will come.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Last edited by shntn on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:Been editing the same frkn video for a client on Final Cut for the past 4 hours and all I can think about is the kids boozing up at ASD. :evil:
Your time will come.
I thought you were going to ASD?
Nope! Kinda wish I had, but I've already toured the law school once and I didn't want to dish out the money to visit again unless it was becoming evident that I would actually end up at WUSTL in the Fall. I guess there's always the March ASD :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”