WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheThriller

Gold

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by TheThriller » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
jdmonkey wrote:Put down my deposit. Got 129k scholarship, but rejected by Emory. I think this may be due to my discipline addendum which was quite long (Emory asks about everything lol).
What did you do to get 129k out of WUSTL?

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 pm

TheThriller wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
jdmonkey wrote:Put down my deposit. Got 129k scholarship, but rejected by Emory. I think this may be due to my discipline addendum which was quite long (Emory asks about everything lol).
What did you do to get 129k out of WUSTL?
That's actually a MUCH better question.

nba101790

Bronze

Post by nba101790 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:14 pm

This doesn't make sense.

So your numbers, sans any disciplinary addendum, got you a huge scholarship from an equivalently ranked school, and yet the presence of this addendum got you rejected from Emory?

The smell test would dictate that something's not right here. I"m curious about the nature of what you did, and how it--assuming it's something significant--wasn't a part of the WUSTL C&F questions.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:16 pm

nba101790 wrote:

This doesn't make sense.

So your numbers, sans any disciplinary addendum, got you a huge scholarship from an equivalently ranked school, and yet the presence of this addendum got you rejected from Emory?

The smell test would dictate that something's not right here. I"m curious about the nature of what you did, and how it--assuming it's something significant--wasn't a part of the WUSTL C&F questions.
His post history checks out. You can glean what you want from his posts on his criminal record in other threads.

AMilfordMan

Bronze

Post by AMilfordMan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm

nba101790 wrote:

This doesn't make sense.

This is an important question. Hopefully it isn't something that would keep you from being admitted to the bar someday. I would hate for someone to sneak a C&F issue past admission only to find out 3 years later that they can't be a lawyer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:19 pm

what sucks is that 129k is a lot of money tied up which lowers the chance for the rest of us going through negotiations to snag the little $$$ they have left.

But congrats bud!

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 pm

TheThriller wrote:
nba101790 wrote:

This doesn't make sense.

His post history checks out. You can glean what you want from his posts on his criminal record in other threads.
Yeah, it seems weird that Emory would ding him for that. :?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:26 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
nba101790 wrote:

This doesn't make sense.

Yeah, it seems weird that Emory would ding him for that. :?
Different states have different c&f requirements to sit for the bar,.. Maybe the southern states have more stringent requirements? I'm not sure but that might be why certain schools ask some things and others don't.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 pm

FYI, if you're like me, and worried about furniture, WUSTL sent me someone who isnt me I promise, this today http://stlouis.cort.com/storefront/c02_ ... ?trmPrc=12

Seems to be a decent deal overall if you're worried about how you're gonna move everything to there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, if you're like me, and worried about furniture, WUSTL sent me someone who isnt me I promise, this today http://stlouis.cort.com/storefront/c02_ ... ?trmPrc=12

Seems to be a decent deal overall if you're worried about how you're gonna move everything to there.
Eh, I'd rather just buy a few cheap pieces myself. Esp if you have roommates, you might not need a couch, dining table, etc. Plus the 99/mo is for a 12 month lease :|

Dream Weave

Bronze

Post by Dream Weave » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, if you're like me, and worried about furniture, WUSTL sent me someone who isnt me I promise, this today http://stlouis.cort.com/storefront/c02_ ... ?trmPrc=12

That seems extremely expensive to me. I like the idea, but would rather buy stuff down there and throw it out than pay those prices.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Ya over the long run it probably isn't a good deal (i didnt catch the 12 month lease) but I may just use it as a stop gap/I'm weird about used things and think this might be cleaner? Just more fyi to people than advice.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:57 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Ya over the long run it probably isn't a good deal (i didnt catch the 12 month lease) but I may just use it as a stop gap/I'm weird about used things and think this might be cleaner? Just more fyi to people than advice.
You sure the rental stuff isn't used?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 pm

I didn't mean that I just have a feeling they might actual clean it as oppose to random "Joe's used furniture". But birdnals pointed out you can actually buy the set for $1200 so nvm.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Dream Weave wrote:

That seems extremely expensive to me. I like the idea, but would rather buy stuff down there and throw it out than pay those prices.
It becomes cheaper with roommates. It's 99 then 55 for each additional bedroom. Unless you're planning on buying all used furniture from Craigslist it'll be hard to buy a full set of furniture at that price. Then there's the issue of moving and storing it all.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm

cuse and wannabe are gonna have the exact same furniture from that place. It's gonna be like that episode of frasier where frasier mentors a dotcom boom millionaire who moves into his building and replicates frasier's apartment exactly. Cuse is frasier in this instance, i think.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 pm

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 pm

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 0127225923

Breaks down firm placement by firm for each school. (NLJ 250 firms only)

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm

sublime12089 wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote: Different states have different c&f requirements to sit for the bar,.. Maybe the southern states have more stringent requirements? I'm not sure but that might be why certain schools ask some things and others don't.

I withdrew from UF for them being the ONLY school out of 18 wanting me to hunt down official court records for an underage drinking charge. Fuck that.
Florida is notorious for having an extremely hard C&F requirement for sitting for the bar. The university is probably just reflecting that. Worse off you could be denied C&F by Florida and it could screw up your chances in other States because you were denied by Florida. Even when the original charge would've not denied you in that state in the first place.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 pm

I never said that, wannabe.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 pm

cusenation wrote:http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 0127225923

WUSTL is such a pretty rainbow. Sad to see none at the Texas Big 3 tho
Last edited by shifty_eyed on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:

WUSTL is such a pretty rainbow
Thank God WUSTL is decreasing class size though....

And looks like my favorite school only sent 1 grad to an NLJ250 firm out of 999 students.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm

cusenation wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

WUSTL is such a pretty rainbow
Thank God WUSTL is decreasing class size though....

And looks like my favorite school only sent 1 grad to an NLJ250 firm out of 999 students.
S/he may actually be a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 pm

cusenation wrote: And looks like my favorite school only sent 1 grad to an NLJ250 firm out of 999 students.
Hell of a year for them. They did it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”