WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danitt

Gold

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by danitt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm

shntn wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Lol @ not filing your taxes yet. I spent my tax return like a month ago :(.
Pretty sure I spent mine all in one day. Given the amount, hardly surprising. :|
Spent it all on the dollar menu at McD's?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:53 pm

danitt wrote:
shntn wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Lol @ not filing your taxes yet. I spent my tax return like a month ago :(.
Pretty sure I spent mine all in one day. Given the amount, hardly surprising. :|
lol DF

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:55 pm

danitt wrote:
shntn wrote:
lol I don't recall. I know I was actually dead broke and getting e-mails from my bank like crazy every time I hit a new low balance threshold. I was actually ranting to sunny about how hungry I was because I was trying to cut food expenses. I think I used it to buy groceries or something.

I solemnly swear that one day, I will never have to be in that situation ever again.

flops89

New

Post by flops89 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Does WUSTL send scholly letters via email or snail mail?

snapdragon25

Bronze

Post by snapdragon25 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm

flops89 wrote:Does WUSTL send scholly letters via email or snail mail?
Email

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shrek

New

Post by shrek » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm

not sure if this has already been said in the previous pages, but I called the admissions office and the lady said scholarships would come out "some time next week"

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

shrek wrote:not sure if this has already been said in the previous pages, but I called the admissions office and the lady said scholarships would come out "some time next week"
WHAT?!?!?!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Can we stop speculating on scholarships? Any info from calling is pretty useless since they're not sending them all at the same time.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:42 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Can we stop speculating on scholarships?
LOL'd

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shrek

New

Post by shrek » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:43 pm

nah

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm

shrek wrote:not sure if this has already been said in the previous pages, but I called the admissions office and the lady said scholarships would come out "some time next week"
If I were them, I would wait to process Feb. LSAT scores by this point. No reason to think everything out, make initial offers, then have an influx of new scores gumming up the median calculations a few days later.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:48 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
If I were them, I would wait to process Feb. LSAT scores by this point. No reason to think everything out, make initial offers, then have an influx of new scores gumming up the median calculations a few days later.
Basically, yeah. We just gotta let them do their thing.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Yeah I contacted the admissions office today and they said LSAC sent Feb scores to schools this morning. They are forwarding my update to the scholarship committee, so I presume they are for everyone else who took the Feb LSAT too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Honestly though, this is ridiculous. Even IF they are waiting for Feb LSAT scores (which they've never done before), they should have known they were going to do this a month ago and not put us through all this crap. This reeks of incompetence and/or desperation.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 pm

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/03/there-wi ... m-in-2015/

Looks like Civ Pro will be on the MBE by the time we take it...yay

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:12 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:Honestly though, this is ridiculous. Even IF they are waiting for Feb LSAT scores (which they've never done before), they should have known they were going to do this a month ago and not put us through all this crap. This reeks of incompetence and/or desperation.
TBF schools, including WUSTL, are having to navigate a pretty different landscape in terms off applications compared to previous cycles. Especially for a school of WUSTL's relative rank, they're taking their time to make sure they do it right. The schools in that range tend to fluctuate in the rankings more than some others, so an LSAT point either way could make a difference. I know it sucks, but let's just try to be patient and see it from their perspective.

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:15 pm

shntn wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:Honestly though, this is ridiculous. Even IF they are waiting for Feb LSAT scores (which they've never done before), they should have known they were going to do this a month ago and not put us through all this crap. This reeks of incompetence and/or desperation.
TBF schools, including WUSTL, are having to navigate a pretty different landscape in terms off applications compared to previous cycles. Especially for a school of WUSTL's relative rank, they're taking their time to make sure they do it right. The schools in that range tend to fluctuate in the rankings more than some others, so an LSAT point either way could make a difference. I know it sucks, but let's just try to be patient and see it from their perspective.
Sure, but that changed landscape was common knowledge months ago. If they had just said from the beginning that it would take til mid-March for most people to receive scholarships I would have been moderately annoyed, but it wouldn't have been a huge deal. As it is, they have been giving us different information and stalling at every step along the way.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:
Sure, but that changed landscape was common knowledge months ago. If they had just said from the beginning that it would take til mid-March for most people to receive scholarships I would have been moderately annoyed, but it wouldn't have been a huge deal. As it is, they have been giving us different information and stalling at every step along the way.
Fair enough.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Omg I have a good idea.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:34 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Omg I have a good idea.
:?:

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:
Yeah, it's frustrating, but they're legitimately nice, and there's probably some kind of miscommunication between the admissions office and the scholarship committee.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:41 pm

bananasplit19 wrote: If I were them, I would wait to process Feb. LSAT scores by this point. No reason to think everything out, make initial offers, then have an influx of new scores gumming up the median calculations a few days later.
+1

I also called the admissions office. And heard "this week or next week." MAC got back to my email today as well and said she'd get back to me as soon as she hears back from the scholarship committee. It's pretty clear to me that there's little coordination between the two committees. Either admissions has no idea wtf is going on with scholarships, or they just don't know who is in which wave so they give these vague responses when we inquire about the timeline. FWIW I do think a small wave will come out tomorrow.

I agree with bananasplit. It sucks but from their vantage point it makes sense to review the Feb LSATs at this point. Why wouldn't they? They already waited this long. When you look at who was in the initial wave, it's all applicants that reinforce the core median and are low flight risks. Kids that have strong numbers, but not so great that they'll likely go somewhere else. As much as it disadvantages as me personally, I can see the wisdom in it as far as guarding their median and yield.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:43 pm

It's just hard with deposits coming up soon. I don't have that much spare money, and I cannot afford to throw away deposits. I have to make my decision in the next three weeks, and not having any scholarship information from any other schools is making Minnesota's offer really, really tempting. I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, though.

Lolo144

New

Post by Lolo144 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

What's the policy on sending GPA updates? I was admitted in November, but my GPA went up .2 from last semester. Not sure if that will even make a difference with scholarships. What do y'all think?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Lolo144 wrote:What's the policy on sending GPA updates? I was admitted in November, but my GPA went up .2 from last semester. Not sure if that will even make a difference with scholarships. What do y'all think?
Send it. You need to have your university send an updated transcript to LSAC, which will then let the schools request an updated file from your account. It will take time though depending on how quickly your university sends it...there's a chance it won't get there in time for them to see it before they decide your scholly, but it won't hurt.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Omg I have a good idea.
:?:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess his idea is that we all withdraw. :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”