WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dproduct

Gold

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Post by dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Congrats, guys!
+1

The lack of LSN today is rather frustrating.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Where's wannabe?
+1
dproduct wrote:
andy261 wrote: Also for people asking about hotels, try Hotwire's neighborhood option where you don't find the exact name of the hotel until after you book. I stayed at the Clayton Sheraton for around $70/night (+$15/night parking). Not as nice as the Ritz I'm sure but worth considering especially if you're staying more than one night.
TY, that hotel is on my shortlist after looking around. Glad to know it worked for others. Did you mention the WUSTL thing for a discount?
I called the Ritz, Sheraton, and Moonrise to get quotes as a Wash U law admit, and the Hotwire neighborhood option was still the best deal. I don't think you'd be able to double dip because the Hotwire thing is not paid directly with the hotel.

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 pm

There's something horribly wrong with my application, I knew it :(

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:There's something horribly wrong with my application, I knew it :(
Nah, bro. Just gotta hang in there a bit longer. You've got mad softs, too. They're probably just swamped trying to deal with the deluge of applications while getting ready to dole out some coin.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:There's something horribly wrong with my application, I knew it :(
What happened?! :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

shntn wrote:
Nah, bro. Just gotta hang in there a bit longer. You've got mad softs, too. They're probably just swamped trying to deal with the deluge of applications while getting ready to dole out some coin.
Well the lady applied after me and has very marginally better numbers and got in just now :|

Nothing bad actually happened, I just didn't get in today.

howardgirl

New

Post by howardgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:08 pm

OMG.... I just got my acceptance e-mail!!! This is UNREAL!

Both of my numbers are way (way) below the 25th percentiles.

God is good is all I can say. Now I will go and read this thread from front to back. Initially I had been ignoring this thread because I didn't think I had a chance.

I'm excited!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:08 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:
Well the lady applied after me and has very marginally better numbers and got in just now :|

Yeahhhh, that's not a very fun game to play.

But hang in there, dude.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 pm

howardgirl wrote:OMG.... I just got my acceptance e-mail!!! This is UNREAL!

God is good is all I can say. Now I will go and read this thread from front to back. Initially I had been ignoring this thread because I didn't think I had a chance.

I'm excited!
Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 pm

shntn wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:

Yeahhhh, that's not a very fun game to play.

But hang in there, dude.
brofist.jpg

howardgirl

New

Post by howardgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 pm

andy261 wrote:

I'm excited!
Congrats!
Thank you!!

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:12 pm

andy261 wrote:

I'm excited!
Congrats!
First choice?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:12 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:

Is there a reason they think you might attend somewhere else instead?

Patience with this process is very hard. I didn't get accepted until May. But I got in and I got a scholarship. There's all sorts of random administrative reasons why it might take longer for one person than it would others. Your applications are not all reviewed by the same people (impossible when there's 4,000 applications), so sometimes the group that gets one application is slower than the group that gets another.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

howardgirl

New

Post by howardgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 pm

dproduct wrote:
andy261 wrote:

I'm excited!
Congrats!
First choice?
Well I don't even know. I have done 0 research on this school. I just applied because I had a great talk with a rep at the NYC LSAC forum, and I believe I got a fee waiver. I didn't think they would even consider me, my numbers are terrible, but I believe I put together a really good application. I was initially set on Howard (hence my username) but getting into a top school definitely encourages me to do my research and see if I would like it there.

vinnnyvincenzo

Bronze

Post by vinnnyvincenzo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 pm

In today via e-mail. Went complete like a month ago, at least.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm

I was driving home from work and didn't feel good so I laid down. No email today, but so far it looks as if everyone that has heard back went complete before me. I didn't go complete til 1/14 due to a delayed LOR.

Eta: shit maybe not :(
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Congrats everyone! I got in today too! Crossed fingers for those still waiting!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Congrats everyone! I got in today too! Crossed fingers for those still waiting!
'grats :D

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Dear All,

1. Congrats to new admits!

2. Regarding law school apparel me and XS20 lobbied the Bookstore and Bear Necessities. The Bookstore agreed to stock any designs that get approved by the school. Bear Necessities told us that they've been trying to get graphics approved for awhile but the law school kept rejecting them. But after our inquiries they contacted the law school again and the school agreed to work with them on designing new designs since there's demonstrated interest. The design head at Bear Necessities told us to email her any designs/logos that we like from other schools so that she can try and imitate them. She also welcomed our input on designs in general.

There are several licensing restrictions regarding use of university name/graphics, but she'll take care of that. If anyone sees any law school designs or graphics from other schools that they like, please PM either me or XS20, or post them on the FB group wall. And me or XS20 will include them all in one email to her. We'll wait one week before we send the email!

Bear Necessities also works with Nike sometimes to make apparel, unlike the Bookstore. So Nike apparel is on the table.

*Bear Necessities is a non-profit store that raises money for the WUSTL Women's Society (I think that's what they're called). They sell casual university apparel and other gifts.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:40 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
I was driving home from work and didn't feel good so I laid down. No email today, but so far it looks as if everyone that has heard back went complete before me. I didn't go complete til 1/14 due to a delayed LOR.

Oh no! What happened?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 pm

andy261 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:

Oh no! What happened?
Well I saw shifty get in and thought that was bad news because I knew she applied after me(although I'm happy for ya), but she has a 170+ so maybe fasttracked? I think I missed this group by a couple of days(damn USPS).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:49 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
andy261 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:

Oh no! What happened?
Well I saw shifty get in and thought that was bad news because I knew she applied after me(although I'm happy for ya), but she has a 170+ so maybe fasttracked? I think I missed this group by a couple of days(damn USPS).
yeh with her numbers wouldn't be surprised if she just got fasttracked.

JayJones78

Gold

Post by JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Congrats eveyone who got accepted today!!!

Was wondering if there are some URM with #s below the 25th who got in today?

goldeneye

Silver

Post by goldeneye » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Just an fyi, I was admitted last year in April after applying right after getting my October score back. Was never on waitlist, never contacted. Just all the sudden, got an acceptance. Patience prevails people.

PoolToSchool

New

Post by PoolToSchool » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 pm

First time poster who has been following along in forums for a little while and wanted to post my stats for you guys:
I just got the admit email about an hour ago, submitted 1/17, complete 2/7 (pretty shocked by the quick turn around!)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”