University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tarheel122
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby tarheel122 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Applied Jan 4. Accepted a week later.

161. 3.19. NC Resident. UNC

lauren3252
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby lauren3252 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 pm

It took about 3-4 weeks after I was accepted for them to send me scholarship information. Karen Britton called me and I received a packet in the mail the next day outlining everything!

User avatar
eyescream
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby eyescream » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I've been complete since November. Anyone else in the same boat?

jalsup11
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby jalsup11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Accepted yesterday. 3.25/164. Any guesses on if those numbers will get any $$$ offered from utk?

cydleighb
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby cydleighb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi, all!

I was accepted via phone call last week -- I can't remember the specific date. I'm a GA resident, and I was wondering if anyone has any information about how frequently UT offers tuition equalization. If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it!

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm

I was accepted weeks ago but just got my scholarship information in. $10,000 a year off in state tuition. Anyone else get more than that for in state? The people in the admissions office said it was a large scholarship but I'm thinking of asking for me. I've been accepted to higher ranked schools with scholarship money that I would rather attend but if I got more from UTK I would consider attending. Thoughts?

lauren3252
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby lauren3252 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote:I was accepted weeks ago but just got my scholarship information in. $10,000 a year off in state tuition. Anyone else get more than that for in state? The people in the admissions office said it was a large scholarship but I'm thinking of asking for me. I've been accepted to higher ranked schools with scholarship money that I would rather attend but if I got more from UTK I would consider attending. Thoughts?


I'm in the exact same position!! If anyone has thoughts on this please let me know

User avatar
No Name
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby No Name » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I went into the second stage of review today. The date changed from 1/25 to 2/26 on status checker but it still says "Review". Anyone else experience anything like this and know how long it usually takes to get a decision after the second date change?

Also, has anyone been admitted after waiting over a month for a decision? All of the other schools I got into took between 1 and 3 weeks to give me their decision. I applied to Tennessee mid January. At this point am I just waiting for the dreaded axe of denial...or WL?

caseheart
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby caseheart » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

No Name wrote:I went into the second stage of review today. The date changed from 1/25 to 2/26 on status checker but it still says "Review". Anyone else experience anything like this and know how long it usually takes to get a decision after the second date change?

Also, has anyone been admitted after waiting over a month for a decision? All of the other schools I got into took between 1 and 3 weeks to give me their decision. I applied to Tennessee mid January. At this point am I just waiting for the dreaded axe of denial...or WL?



I was waiting for a while too. My date changed yesterday and I got admitted today.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

jalsup11 wrote:Accepted yesterday. 3.25/164. Any guesses on if those numbers will get any $$$ offered from utk?


In the cycle I sat out, I applied and was accepted to UTK with a 3.0/164. I didn't get any money, but they worked with me to game their in-state requirements and give me in-state.

I thought it was a decent deal because tuition was like 14k a year. Pretty good school in my opinion.

ellewannabe
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby ellewannabe » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

No Name wrote:I went into the second stage of review today. The date changed from 1/25 to 2/26 on status checker but it still says "Review". Anyone else experience anything like this and know how long it usually takes to get a decision after the second date change?

Also, has anyone been admitted after waiting over a month for a decision? All of the other schools I got into took between 1 and 3 weeks to give me their decision. I applied to Tennessee mid January. At this point am I just waiting for the dreaded axe of denial...or WL?



My status went into a second stage of review yesterday. I applied at the end of January. I, like you, am waiting for a WL/rejection since it's taken awhile....

User avatar
No Name
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby No Name » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 pm

caseheart wrote:
No Name wrote:I went into the second stage of review today. The date changed from 1/25 to 2/26 on status checker but it still says "Review". Anyone else experience anything like this and know how long it usually takes to get a decision after the second date change?

Also, has anyone been admitted after waiting over a month for a decision? All of the other schools I got into took between 1 and 3 weeks to give me their decision. I applied to Tennessee mid January. At this point am I just waiting for the dreaded axe of denial...or WL?



I was waiting for a while too. My date changed yesterday and I got admitted today.


Congratulations. I hope I am in the same boat.

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

lauren3252 wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:I was accepted weeks ago but just got my scholarship information in. $10,000 a year off in state tuition. Anyone else get more than that for in state? The people in the admissions office said it was a large scholarship but I'm thinking of asking for me. I've been accepted to higher ranked schools with scholarship money that I would rather attend but if I got more from UTK I would consider attending. Thoughts?


I'm in the exact same position!! If anyone has thoughts on this please let me know


Well I sent a letter to admissions asking for more money...so I'll let you know how it goes.

ndel21
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby ndel21 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:51 pm

How hard is it to get in-state tuition, my scholarship is nice; however, i am consider out of state which makes it not so nice..

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 am

ndel21 wrote:How hard is it to get in-state tuition, my scholarship is nice; however, i am consider out of state which makes it not so nice..


I think you would have to live in TN for x amount of time and get a drivers license or something to prove your a resident. I don't have a TN drivers license or anything and I went to school out of state. But, my dad lives in TN and I'm working in TN for 9 months before school starts so they considered me a resident. Hope that helps. By the way though, they probably wouldn't give you the same number in scholarship aid if you converted to an instate student.

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby UMich11 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:55 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
ndel21 wrote:How hard is it to get in-state tuition, my scholarship is nice; however, i am consider out of state which makes it not so nice..


I think you would have to live in TN for x amount of time and get a drivers license or something to prove your a resident. I don't have a TN drivers license or anything and I went to school out of state. But, my dad lives in TN and I'm working in TN for 9 months before school starts so they considered me a resident. Hope that helps. By the way though, they probably wouldn't give you the same number in scholarship aid if you converted to an instate student.


I have a feeling it's kind of a pain. My sister is an undergrad and still doesn't have residency even though it's her senior year.

jstacks
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby jstacks » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Withdrew this week. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully one of you will get my scholarship money.

User avatar
kjb
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:09 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby kjb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:58 pm

under review since 2/1

User avatar
Comoncents
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby Comoncents » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Anyone coming to the Law School Preview Day! I'll be on the panel of students!!!

caseheart
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby caseheart » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Comoncents wrote:Anyone coming to the Law School Preview Day! I'll be on the panel of students!!!

Yes... I'll be there :) very excited!

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby JXander » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 am

Withdrew the other day. Good luck to everyone!

rwilson37643
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:13 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby rwilson37643 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 pm

still waiting for aid award

vayze
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby vayze » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Complete: 03/08/2013
Under Review #1: 03/10/2013
Under Review #2: 03/25/2013

It is now 03/26 and no change. Should I be expecting WL/R?

User avatar
booknook
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby booknook » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 am

Withdrawing today. Hope that one of you on the WL gets my spot!

vayze
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 am

Re: University of Tennessee C/O 2016

Postby vayze » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Waitlisted
3/25




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”