Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby chowiechow » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 pm

willio wrote:
cheymao wrote:"Decision Made" today. Been under review since first week of December..


Same. It's been a long wait...and now we have to wait even longer for the decision to arrive via snail mail.


Decision Made today too. They don't send out decisions via email?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 pm

chowiechow wrote:
willio wrote:
cheymao wrote:"Decision Made" today. Been under review since first week of December..


Same. It's been a long wait...and now we have to wait even longer for the decision to arrive via snail mail.


Decision Made today too. They don't send out decisions via email?

Nope all of them snail mail :(

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby chowiechow » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
chowiechow wrote:
willio wrote:
cheymao wrote:"Decision Made" today. Been under review since first week of December..


Same. It's been a long wait...and now we have to wait even longer for the decision to arrive via snail mail.


Decision Made today too. They don't send out decisions via email?

Nope all of them snail mail :(


wow that... sucks. :|

User avatar
stephanie46184
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby stephanie46184 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Just got my acceptance letter today from IU Bloomington! Applied late January, decision made 2/13, letter in the mail today 2/20. :D

Law911
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby Law911 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:23 am

I applied January 1st and attended the interviews in Chicago on 2/16. Decision made 2/20... The quick decision kinda worries me

zbenson
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby zbenson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 am

Law911 wrote:I applied January 1st and attended the interviews in Chicago on 2/16. Decision made 2/20... The quick decision kinda worries me


I am also worried, Applies January 3rd, did interview in Chicago 2/16, Still File Complete - In Review with date of 1/14.

nusoccer4
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby nusoccer4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:36 am

Also had Chicago interview, decision made 2/20. Gonna be a long wait for this mail to arrive

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:38 am

Can anyone talk about what the interview was like/what questions were asked? I have a Skype interview later this week

Law911
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby Law911 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Law911 wrote:I applied January 1st and attended the interviews in Chicago on 2/16. Decision made 2/20... The quick decision kinda worries me


wait listed by email

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby chowiechow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Law911 wrote:
Law911 wrote:I applied January 1st and attended the interviews in Chicago on 2/16. Decision made 2/20... The quick decision kinda worries me


wait listed by email


I got waitlisted via email too. But I'm surprised I was even considered for the waitlist! :shock:

User avatar
dougfunny
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby dougfunny » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Law911 wrote:
Law911 wrote:I applied January 1st and attended the interviews in Chicago on 2/16. Decision made 2/20... The quick decision kinda worries me


wait listed by email


Anyone care to share stats that got waitlisted or in? My decision was made on the 11th, and I still have not heard anything so I am curious how I compare to other people that have received their decisions already.

edit:words

chowiechow
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby chowiechow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 pm

dougfunny wrote:
Law911 wrote:
Law911 wrote:I applied January 1st and attended the interviews in Chicago on 2/16. Decision made 2/20... The quick decision kinda worries me


wait listed by email


Anyone care to share stats that got waitlisted or in? My decision was made on the 11th, and I still have not heard anything so I am curious how I compare to other people that have received their decisions already.

edit:words


157 lsat and low gpa, hence the surprise. :P

basketball law guy
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby basketball law guy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 am

Also have a Decision Made date of 2/11 and still no letter in the mail. My requirements box now lists "picture", nothing else in the box? Good sign or just part of the process?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am

basketball law guy wrote:Also have a Decision Made date of 2/11 and still no letter in the mail. My requirements box now lists "picture", nothing else in the box? Good sign or just part of the process?

I have a picture and I was admitted

basketball law guy
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby basketball law guy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks- I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

User avatar
JadeWest
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby JadeWest » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm

basketball law guy wrote:Thanks- I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Image

naaaaw man, welcome.

User avatar
dougfunny
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby dougfunny » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 pm

I haven't gotten anything in the mail still, but I got an email today about finishing the FAFSA and mentioning I was admitted. My decision was made on Feb. 11. Chances I did not get in and the email today is an error? Also, any ideas why I haven't gotten my decision yet?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 pm

dougfunny wrote:I haven't gotten anything in the mail still, but I got an email today about finishing the FAFSA and mentioning I was admitted. My decision was made on Feb. 11. Chances I did not get in and the email today is an error? Also, any ideas why I haven't gotten my decision yet?

Dude I'm on the same dates as you and gotten the same stuff. I haven't gotten my decision in the mail but called them earlier in the week and they told me over the phone. I'm almost sure you're in. If you really feel like it call them and be like "Yo, I havent gotten anything and I'm curious".

User avatar
dougfunny
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby dougfunny » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:47 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
dougfunny wrote:I haven't gotten anything in the mail still, but I got an email today about finishing the FAFSA and mentioning I was admitted. My decision was made on Feb. 11. Chances I did not get in and the email today is an error? Also, any ideas why I haven't gotten my decision yet?

Dude I'm on the same dates as you and gotten the same stuff. I haven't gotten my decision in the mail but called them earlier in the week and they told me over the phone. I'm almost sure you're in. If you really feel like it call them and be like "Yo, I havent gotten anything and I'm curious".


Did they give you any scholarship info over the phone?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 pm

dougfunny wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
dougfunny wrote:I haven't gotten anything in the mail still, but I got an email today about finishing the FAFSA and mentioning I was admitted. My decision was made on Feb. 11. Chances I did not get in and the email today is an error? Also, any ideas why I haven't gotten my decision yet?

Dude I'm on the same dates as you and gotten the same stuff. I haven't gotten my decision in the mail but called them earlier in the week and they told me over the phone. I'm almost sure you're in. If you really feel like it call them and be like "Yo, I havent gotten anything and I'm curious".


Did they give you any scholarship info over the phone?

No they said it was included in the packet, but they said if I didn't get it soon they'd "set it up" for me to see it online.

User avatar
JadeWest
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby JadeWest » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
dougfunny wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
dougfunny wrote:I haven't gotten anything in the mail still, but I got an email today about finishing the FAFSA and mentioning I was admitted. My decision was made on Feb. 11. Chances I did not get in and the email today is an error? Also, any ideas why I haven't gotten my decision yet?

Dude I'm on the same dates as you and gotten the same stuff. I haven't gotten my decision in the mail but called them earlier in the week and they told me over the phone. I'm almost sure you're in. If you really feel like it call them and be like "Yo, I havent gotten anything and I'm curious".


Did they give you any scholarship info over the phone?

No they said it was included in the packet, but they said if I didn't get it soon they'd "set it up" for me to see it online.


when i asked they immediately emailed me a scanned pdf of the entire acceptance package...

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:02 pm

JadeWest wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:No they said it was included in the packet, but they said if I didn't get it soon they'd "set it up" for me to see it online.


when i asked they immediately emailed me a scanned pdf of the entire acceptance package...

They said they'd do that if I didn't get it today, granted I called real late in the day when I called and it had only been a week.

User avatar
stephanie46184
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby stephanie46184 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 pm

dougfunny wrote:I haven't gotten anything in the mail still, but I got an email today about finishing the FAFSA and mentioning I was admitted. My decision was made on Feb. 11. Chances I did not get in and the email today is an error? Also, any ideas why I haven't gotten my decision yet?


Congratulations! I just found out this week I made it in and I got the financial aid email today too. Confusing though for you since you didn't get the packet but the financial aid email. I'm confused about this picture requirement. I don't have a picture requirment listed online, but did get the paper in the packet saying I needed to send one in.

basketball law guy
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby basketball law guy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Just received the same email as above- before my acceptance package. Nice!

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Indiana-Bloomington Class of 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Got the packet, 20k/year and a nice little personal note on the admit letter




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, greengrass, NorthDragon, NotAGolfer, packerboy31489, SilverSurfer2020 and 16 guests