Georgia State (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
scruffy556
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby scruffy556 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:06 pm

JARZJR wrote:
scruffy556 wrote:
JARZJR wrote:Email this AM saying I've been placed on the "Priority Waitlist"... But who knows what that means...

I wonder if this is the basic response to anyone who makes the initial request to remain on the waitlist/that I emailed in the day of the decision 2-3 weeks ago, or if this is because of the LOCI I sent in last week.


Anyone else get this email, or have experience with GSU priority waitlist?



EDIT: Just received a confirmation that they are adding the LOCI to my file, so I guess it hasn't been factored in yet...


Are you considering retaking in June since they will still accept it?


To be honest, I was seriously dreading having to do that, as I already wrote it for the second time (and again scored less than my PT averages).

It's all good, because I was admitted via email, this morning. I think my LOCI that I sent in last friday put me over the top...

And, I just mailed the $500 deposit to Mercer yesterday, too smh...

Soli Deo Gloria, lol...


Congrats! I hope you can get that deposit back.

JARZJR
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby JARZJR » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 pm

scruffy556 wrote:
JARZJR wrote:
scruffy556 wrote:
JARZJR wrote:Email this AM saying I've been placed on the "Priority Waitlist"... But who knows what that means...

I wonder if this is the basic response to anyone who makes the initial request to remain on the waitlist/that I emailed in the day of the decision 2-3 weeks ago, or if this is because of the LOCI I sent in last week.


Anyone else get this email, or have experience with GSU priority waitlist?



EDIT: Just received a confirmation that they are adding the LOCI to my file, so I guess it hasn't been factored in yet...


Are you considering retaking in June since they will still accept it?


To be honest, I was seriously dreading having to do that, as I already wrote it for the second time (and again scored less than my PT averages).

It's all good, because I was admitted via email, this morning. I think my LOCI that I sent in last friday put me over the top...

And, I just mailed the $500 deposit to Mercer yesterday, too smh...

Soli Deo Gloria, lol...


Congrats! I hope you can get that deposit back.


Thanks! Had the bank cancel the check... Looking forward to remaining in Atlanta...

User avatar
scruffy556
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby scruffy556 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey all, if you're not yet lurking the Class of 2016 thread here on TLS, viewtopic.php?f=33&t=208231, I'd like to get a group get together planned, so if you're interested please post your availabilities there or feel free to PM me

Look forward to meeting yall.

jamesandruw
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby jamesandruw » Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Has anyone been admitted off the WL recently? On the WL at UGA as well. Got into Emory with $ (42k over 3 years) and trying to decide what to do as it is May 21...

User avatar
scruffy556
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby scruffy556 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:06 pm

jamesandruw wrote:Has anyone been admitted off the WL recently? On the WL at UGA as well. Got into Emory with $ (42k over 3 years) and trying to decide what to do as it is May 21...


There has been some wl movement on here as well as lsn. I hope you get word soon so you can make your decision.

ofe1818
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby ofe1818 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Just emailed my withdrawal. With the job prospects I have now meeting or exceeding what I could have after 100K in loans, it seemed like a no brainer. I wish you all the best of luck and enjoyment in your pursuit of your legal education and careers! Hope my seat brings in a welcome addition as well...

JARZJR
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Georgia State (2012-2013)

Postby JARZJR » Tue May 28, 2013 12:22 pm

ofe1818 wrote:Just emailed my withdrawal. With the job prospects I have now meeting or exceeding what I could have after 100K in loans, it seemed like a no brainer. I wish you all the best of luck and enjoyment in your pursuit of your legal education and careers! Hope my seat brings in a welcome addition as well...


Congrats on the job offers...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, hellohalo, Houzy, lawschool2017712, lg77, playersball, tinafeyclone and 12 guests