Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Psib337 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am

In today via status checker! I'm in-state so financially Temple makes the most sense and I live in Philly and I already know a few lawyers who've said they'd be willing to help me out if I ever wanted/need help and my parents are always mentioning someone a lawyer they know who says pretty much the same thing. Really excited, if I don't get into any of my top choices I'll definitely be going!

Keasbey
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Keasbey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 am

In via status checker and email! Almost positive I will be attending.

phlmar
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby phlmar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm

congrats!

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby sanjola » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm

In via e-mail and status checker!! :D

cc6148
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cc6148 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Congrats to all getting accepted!!

Unfortunately, I haven't received any word yet. Today marks exactly 10 weeks since I submitted. I received my second complete mid-December. Any advice on what to do from here? My gpa is way above median but my LSAT is below. I also have pretty good softs - at least I think so. I don't want to call/e-mail, "rock the boat" and end up getting rejected if they are still considering my application, but the wait has been really long! Temple is my top choice so I want to be extra cautious. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Granfalloon12
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Granfalloon12 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Finally in as well! Submitted in early November, so I was getting a little worried. Anxious to hear scholly info now, as Temple is definitely an option seeing as how relatively safe a financial decision it could be.

sergiokun16
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby sergiokun16 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Waitlisted today, 158/3.72. Will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else and congrats to those accepted already!

User avatar
tony2167
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby tony2167 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

In via status check! It says an admittance packet is in the mail, hopefully it contains scholarship information.

simplythebest
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby simplythebest » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 pm

cc6148 wrote:Congrats to all getting accepted!!

Unfortunately, I haven't received any word yet. Today marks exactly 10 weeks since I submitted. I received my second complete mid-December. Any advice on what to do from here? My gpa is way above median but my LSAT is below. I also have pretty good softs - at least I think so. I don't want to call/e-mail, "rock the boat" and end up getting rejected if they are still considering my application, but the wait has been really long! Temple is my top choice so I want to be extra cautious. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


I don't know if this helps, but I applied end of November/very early December, and I haven't heard back yet.

SoJerz13
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby SoJerz13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am

Waitlisted yesterday. Will likely withdraw since I would've needed to receive scholly money to be able to attend. Best of luck everyone!

cc6148
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cc6148 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 am

simplythebest wrote:
cc6148 wrote:Congrats to all getting accepted!!

Unfortunately, I haven't received any word yet. Today marks exactly 10 weeks since I submitted. I received my second complete mid-December. Any advice on what to do from here? My gpa is way above median but my LSAT is below. I also have pretty good softs - at least I think so. I don't want to call/e-mail, "rock the boat" and end up getting rejected if they are still considering my application, but the wait has been really long! Temple is my top choice so I want to be extra cautious. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


I don't know if this helps, but I applied end of November/very early December, and I haven't heard back yet.



Thanks simplythebest! It does help to know someone is in the same spot. I guess no news is good news! I'm just debating whether or not calling or e-mailing to give them a little nudge might be detrimental to my chances. At this point I'm thinking I'll wait until the beginning of Feb. and if I don't hear anything by then I'll reach out.

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby scaredredpanda » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?

apinarba
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby apinarba » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

.

User avatar
banana$$stand
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby banana$$stand » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?


Did you get your acceptance package in the mail yet? It would have been in the main red folder along with the other written materials.

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 am

banana$$stand wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?


Did you get your acceptance package in the mail yet? It would have been in the main red folder along with the other written materials.


Mine was in the glorious red folder as well.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 am

banana$$stand wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?


Did you get your acceptance package in the mail yet? It would have been in the main red folder along with the other written materials.



Derp. I'm out of the country and my parents are opening my mail...

elc414
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby elc414 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 am

scaredredpanda wrote:Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D


Congrats Panda. I was accepted on the 22nd, checking my mailbox feverishly for that packet!

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
banana$$stand wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?


Did you get your acceptance package in the mail yet? It would have been in the main red folder along with the other written materials.



Derp. I'm out of the country and my parents are opening my mail...



Just withdrew, hopefully this opens a spot for one of you good peoples. Good luck to all the applicants still out there!

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 am

elc414 wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D


Congrats Panda. I was accepted on the 22nd, checking my mailbox feverishly for that packet!



Same deal for me, except I'm day division. Congrats.

User avatar
kaf5250
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby kaf5250 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am

TUICE wrote:
elc414 wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D


Congrats Panda. I was accepted on the 22nd, checking my mailbox feverishly for that packet!



Same deal for me, except I'm day division. Congrats.


Same here! Beasley scholarship for day division! But is anyone else a little put off by the top 50% stip? Any thoughts about if we could negotiate to get this removed or is it pretty set in stone?

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby scaredredpanda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 pm

kaf5250 wrote:
TUICE wrote:
elc414 wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D


Congrats Panda. I was accepted on the 22nd, checking my mailbox feverishly for that packet!



Same deal for me, except I'm day division. Congrats.


Same here! Beasley scholarship for day division! But is anyone else a little put off by the top 50% stip? Any thoughts about if we could negotiate to get this removed or is it pretty set in stone?


Congrats! My letter says I have a top 2/3 stip. I'm OK with top 2/3 because I'd probably drop out if I was in the bottom third of the class at Temple.

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

scaredredpanda wrote:Congrats! My letter says I have a top 2/3 stip. I'm OK with top 2/3 because I'd probably drop out if I was in the bottom third of the class at Temple.


Top 2/3rd for me as well, with the exact thought process. +1

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Congrats! My letter says I have a top 2/3 stip. I'm OK with top 2/3 because I'd probably drop out if I was in the bottom third of the class at Temple.


Top 2/3rd for me as well, with the exact thought process. +1



Same thing here. +1

bzzingbee
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby bzzingbee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Withdrew a couple of minutes ago, hope this opens up some spots! Good luck everyone.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, alex114, Assasindowntheavenue, Automotomayor, Baidu [Spider], chili_davis, curry1, guybourdin, joezze, jtawil, laowhynot109, lawcapture, mccracal, NotAGolfer, pandaaa, Pugnax, Sawtooth and 36 guests