Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cooldude87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm

In via status check, now hoping for a decent scholly

Christinf01
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Christinf01 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Congratulations to all new admits! Can you kindly post your date changes for being complete until decision rendered? Thanks!

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby scaredredpanda » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Christinf01 wrote:Congratulations to all new admits! Can you kindly post your date changes for being complete until decision rendered? Thanks!


Thanks!

Complete 11/30
Complete 1/11
Accepted 1/17

Christinf01
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Christinf01 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm

scaredredpanda wrote:
Christinf01 wrote:Congratulations to all new admits! Can you kindly post your date changes for being complete until decision rendered? Thanks!


Thanks!

Complete 11/30
Complete 1/11
Accepted 1/17


Thanks- much appreciated. My dates changed from 11/2 to 1/14 so I'm assuming a decision is around the corner. I don't have high hopes but you never know- super reach for me.

User avatar
ceweiss10
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby ceweiss10 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Accepted via email on Monday, 1/14!

169/3.16/Non-URM/in state

Submitted: 12/09/2012
Complete: 12/10/2012
Accepted: 01/14/2013

Good Luck to everyone still waiting!

cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby cooldude87 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Did anyone get scholly info in the email?

1693
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 1693 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

cooldude87 wrote:Did anyone get scholly info in the email?


Nay- according to the admitted students site it says that scholly info is included with acceptance letters. (im)patiently waiting on mine now :mrgreen:

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby moneyball026 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

1693 wrote:
cooldude87 wrote:Did anyone get scholly info in the email?


Nay- according to the admitted students site it says that scholly info is included with acceptance letters. (im)patiently waiting on mine now :mrgreen:


Confirmed. I got mine in a mailed letter about 3 weeks after being admitted (though one of those weeks in between was the holidays)

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby scaredredpanda » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Does anyone know if Temple gives scholarships to evening students, and how they compare to what they give to full-time students?

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5715
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Easy-E » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:45 pm

In via e-mail

User avatar
phillyfun
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby phillyfun » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:44 pm

In via status checker and e-mail! Live in Philly, so my top choice! So excited! :D :D :D

Christinf01
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Christinf01 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 pm

phillyfun wrote:In via status checker and e-mail! Live in Philly, so my top choice! So excited! :D :D :D


mind posting your stats?

TUICE
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby TUICE » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13 pm

In via email as well.

msowins
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby msowins » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm

scaredredpanda wrote:Does anyone know if Temple gives scholarships to evening students, and how they compare to what they give to full-time students?


On LSAC, it says that the median grant for part-time students is $3,750 and $7,000 for full-time.

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby scaredredpanda » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm

msowins wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Does anyone know if Temple gives scholarships to evening students, and how they compare to what they give to full-time students?


On LSAC, it says that the median grant for part-time students is $3,750 and $7,000 for full-time.


Thanks! I didn't realize LSAC even listed that info. Hopefully they'll throw me some money since my GPA is above-median and my LSAT is way above 75%, but even if they don't, Temple would still be one of the best schools for me in terms of price.

User avatar
johnsbren
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby johnsbren » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am

packet came. 7,500 a year. Lowest offer from a school yet. 168/3.7 not urm. good softs.

User avatar
tony2167
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby tony2167 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 am

^That doesn't bode well for me, then. Temple is my top choice but I need at least $20k/year for it to be feasible, and my stats aren't as good as yours.

User avatar
johnsbren
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby johnsbren » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:56 pm

tony2167 wrote:^That doesn't bode well for me, then. Temple is my top choice but I need at least $20k/year for it to be feasible, and my stats aren't as good as yours.


Yeah, I really don't understand it... other better ranked schools have been making better offers, maybe they just weren't impressed with my application or it didn't fit what they want. I'm not too disappointed though, definitely wasn't my #1 choice- it just makes me nervous about the only two schools I'm really dying to hear back from. Good luck!

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby scaredredpanda » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 pm

johnsbren wrote:
tony2167 wrote:^That doesn't bode well for me, then. Temple is my top choice but I need at least $20k/year for it to be feasible, and my stats aren't as good as yours.


Yeah, I really don't understand it... other better ranked schools have been making better offers, maybe they just weren't impressed with my application or it didn't fit what they want. I'm not too disappointed though, definitely wasn't my #1 choice- it just makes me nervous about the only two schools I'm really dying to hear back from. Good luck!


I heard that the PA state-funded law schools (Temple and Pitt) are being stingy with scholarships this year due to funding issues, so I doubt it's anything personal. Pitt offered me $14K/year (about half tuition in-state), while I have gotten near-full scholarships from higher ranked schools like Wake and William and Mary. I'm anxious to hear what Temple will offer me, if anything. I got into the evening program, so Temple would still be one of the best financial options for me (I have PA residency), but I'll probably try to negotiate with them. Several years ago, Temple threw around more money and offered my former coworker with a lower GPA and LSAT full tuition, but I guess times have changed.

Keasbey
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby Keasbey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Complete date changed yesterday from 11/28 to 1/18.

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Packet came yesterday. 10K/yr, better than 2/3rds stipulation. Not too shabby, but I'd need a bit more to seriously consider attending over some of my other choices. 3.76, 163 non-urm, OOS

The Lucky One
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby The Lucky One » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Haven't gotten the packet yet, but I'm hoping it comes with some money. My college GPA was only 3.2 (went to a great swimming school, pretty much majored in swimming), but my final business school GPA was 3.83. Here's hoping they (accurately) view the more recent one as a sign of growth, or at least average the two together.

gspiel1232
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby gspiel1232 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm

The Lucky One wrote:Haven't gotten the packet yet, but I'm hoping it comes with some money. My college GPA was only 3.2 (went to a great swimming school, pretty much majored in swimming), but my final business school GPA was 3.83. Here's hoping they (accurately) view the more recent one as a sign of growth, or at least average the two together.


They wont :(

1693
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby 1693 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 pm

tony2167 wrote:^That doesn't bode well for me, then. Temple is my top choice but I need at least $20k/year for it to be feasible, and my stats aren't as good as yours.


20k may be a reach. I got 7500/yr with a 161/3.4 OOS. at least the stips are very fair at Temple.

badnewsbears
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Postby badnewsbears » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 am

accepted 1/14

planning on going if Mason doesn't accept me, but still have to visit schools/cities. Probably slim to no chance of a scholarship, but it sure would be nice.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: derekne, Gaaooo, hoping4scholy, lawschoolapplicant9, mdu and 15 guests