University of Alabama c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am

togepi wrote:Are they just waiting until people pull out and take other offers? It seems like an odd strategy to NOT reject anyone. Cockteasers.


In the past, they would have started rejecting by now. There seems to be a delay this year, so I don't know when they'll start. But unless I'm mistaken, no one has been rejected yet.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm

For those accepted, I got my financial aid info in the mail/on the website

TEXAS91
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby TEXAS91 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Where online do you see your financial aid package?

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 pm

My bama website --> student tab --> student services --> financial aid --> award

That's the steps I believe, I'm on my phone right now

TEXAS91
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby TEXAS91 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 pm

kayleighcheyenne wrote:My bama website --> student tab --> student services --> financial aid --> award

That's the steps I believe, I'm on my phone right now

Thanks!

zackw618
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby zackw618 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:
togepi wrote:Are they just waiting until people pull out and take other offers? It seems like an odd strategy to NOT reject anyone. Cockteasers.


In the past, they would have started rejecting by now. There seems to be a delay this year, so I don't know when they'll start. But unless I'm mistaken, no one has been rejected yet.


It looks like there's still plenty of movement. People are being added into our Class of 2016 fb group daily.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:20 am

zackw618 wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
togepi wrote:Are they just waiting until people pull out and take other offers? It seems like an odd strategy to NOT reject anyone. Cockteasers.


In the past, they would have started rejecting by now. There seems to be a delay this year, so I don't know when they'll start. But unless I'm mistaken, no one has been rejected yet.


It looks like there's still plenty of movement. People are being added into our Class of 2016 fb group daily.


That's cool. I just haven't seen any rejections surface yet on LSN or TLS.

Law911
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby Law911 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm

I went PFCD on 3/14/2013. My status date changed today to 4/24/2013... I wonder what that means. I'm gettin nervous

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Eek I also got a date change today. I'm also PFCD, since earlier this month though.

Maybe date changes happen when the committee convened, but makes no final decision on our apps?

User avatar
stumpy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby stumpy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:18 pm

.
Last edited by stumpy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cortland55
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby cortland55 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Mine changed today as well...does y'alls read something like this?

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a final decision. The Committee attempts to return decisions as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any questions"


I dont know, doesn't look good to me.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BamaFan334
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby BamaFan334 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

I turned my application in on October 30th, it was "completed" by November 9, 2012, so I have been waiting a long time for a decision. I just recently was "Pending Final Committee Decision" about a month ago, and my date just changed today like a few of y'alls. I feel my chances of getting accepted are slim to none with a 3.6 GPA and a 155 LSAT, so I am still wondering why I am still be sifted through the process. I mean, I'm happy and all, but I sure would like to have an answer before I send in a second seat deposit to my #2.

Also, I want to comment on a topic hit on a number of post ago about LSAT numbers and acceptance into Alabama's :aw School. I know a girl (white) at my church that scored a 150 on her LSAT and got in, though she was a Political Science undergraduate at Alabama with a 4.0, so you do not have to score over a 165 to be accepted into the program as long as you have some evidence you're capable of getting the job done.

For the sake of all of us, I sure hope they get on the ball and get us some answers. A young lady I have been in touch with in the admissions office said it is likely to be mid-May though. not sure if it's my low numbers for that reason or if they are just saying that to give them more time. best of luck everyone, and Roll Tide!

dstars823
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby dstars823 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:09 pm

i think alabama accepts about 20 people from their undergrad directly into the law program regardless of LSAT score, its some honors program that she most likely got in through

Pure Protein
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby Pure Protein » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm

.
Last edited by Pure Protein on Mon May 11, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:47 pm

The issue with Bama is that it seems they haven't rejected at all. I understand BamaFan's frustrations. I know LSN is only a small self-selecting portion of the applicant pool, but there are absolutely NO rejections reported on their for Bama, which suggests that they might be holding off on bad news until the very end, like William & Mary did for example.

BamaFan334
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby BamaFan334 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:38 pm

How many people have applied for Fall 2013 admission to Alabama? Lawschoolnumbers.com has it at like 1536. Is that a realistic number or just a number that have registered through their site?

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 pm

That might actually be close to accurate! Below are the class of 2015 stats from the Bama website:

- 1,679 applications received (368 resident/1311 nonresident)
- 423 candidates admitted
- 71 undergraduate institutions represented
- 25 states represented
- LSAT*: Median – 165; 75th percentile – 167; 25th percentile – 158
- UGPA: Median – 3.83; 75th percentile – 3.94; 25th percentile – 3.31

http://www.law.ua.edu/admissions/quick-facts/

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:That might actually be close to accurate! Below are the class of 2015 stats from the Bama website:

- 1,679 applications received (368 resident/1311 nonresident)
- 423 candidates admitted
- 71 undergraduate institutions represented
- 25 states represented
- LSAT*: Median – 165; 75th percentile – 167; 25th percentile – 158
- UGPA: Median – 3.83; 75th percentile – 3.94; 25th percentile – 3.31

http://www.law.ua.edu/admissions/quick-facts/


And applications were up as of 3/1.. So I'd say that is a relatively safe assumption for this years numbers.

And as most of you know, I'm sub 165, accepted end of January. Never was pfcd. Negotiated my way into money, and will be attending in the fall.

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby ookoshi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Just got the call. In, 18k a year, top 40% stip.

For reference, 2.3 / 167 non-traditional 10 years WE.

BamaFan334
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby BamaFan334 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Congratulations, awesome news!!! I guess I'm considered non-traditional being out of undergraduate for 3 years?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

ookoshi wrote:Just got the call. In, 18k a year, top 40% stip.

For reference, 2.3 / 167 non-traditional 10 years WE.


Are you withdrawing to go to Emory?

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby ookoshi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Most likely, but I will wait for their packet to arrive in the mail before making that decision official.

(Also, my fiancee is an Alabama alumni and is trying to get me to go there)

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm

ookoshi wrote:Most likely, but I will wait for their packet to arrive in the mail before making that decision official.

(Also, my fiancee is an Alabama alumni and is trying to get me to go there)


Alabamas packet takes forever if that's what you mean. Mine took about 3 weeks

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Do they still give out gift cards and t-shirts if you apply?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Christinabruin, cyclawps, Hopefullawkid2015 and 25 guests