University of Alabama c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:34 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
teiswei wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
kayleighcheyenne wrote:Okay awesome, thanks!

They also told me about an admitted student on march 1st


I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

PFCD is the hold list. This seriously sucks. :cry:

Why do you say that?


I say it because it's true. The people that are going on PFCD are the people who are getting passed by. We did not make the first cut. You got an alumni call so I would imagine that you will be fine. They cared enough to reach out to you.

When I can bring myself to pull my head out of the oven I will do a study on how many PFCD people got in last year. I imagine it will be bleak at best.

But all the person said above was that there is an admitted student day 3/1? I was complete 1/10 and PFCD 1/16. I really doubt that my hold took 6 days when LSN has people with my stats already accepted and I have 8.5+ years WE and a grad degree from a T14 school. I think you are psyching yourself out.

User avatar
hobie2515
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby hobie2515 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm

I agree. Look at the positives. You are just below the median for GPA and LSAT. You may not be an auto admit because neither of your numbers boost their averages but you're in the hunt. Factor in the ridiculous drop in applications this cycle and you're chances improve even more. Have faith.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm

As promised:

2011-2012 Cycle Thread: PFCD Outcomes

6 confirmed WL
3 confirmed accepted (splitter, reverse-splitter, T-14)
10 outcomes N/A
19 total

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

teiswei wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
kayleighcheyenne wrote:I GOT IN!


No scholly info was given tho... Should I assume nothing or wait for the letter?

I have at least two other offers to negotiate with them.. Just not sure about timing now


I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

PFCD is the hold list. This seriously sucks. :cry:


But all the person said above was that there is an admitted student day 3/1? I was complete 1/10 and PFCD 1/16. I really doubt that my hold took 6 days when LSN has people with my stats already accepted and I have 8.5+ years WE and a grad degree from a T14 school. I think you are psyching yourself out.


I fixed the quote mistake. I said that because she didn't believe me when I told her that she didn't go PFCD because she was being admitted soon. Michael is probably not far behind.

harge008
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby harge008 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm seeing a few applicants on LSN who got in with lower stats than I have. If they string me along again this year I'm just going to Cumberland. UA doesn't deserve half their applicants if they keep up this foolishness. Good luck all.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
teiswei wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
kayleighcheyenne wrote:I GOT IN!


No scholly info was given tho... Should I assume nothing or wait for the letter?

I have at least two other offers to negotiate with them.. Just not sure about timing now


I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

PFCD is the hold list. This seriously sucks. :cry:


But all the person said above was that there is an admitted student day 3/1? I was complete 1/10 and PFCD 1/16. I really doubt that my hold took 6 days when LSN has people with my stats already accepted and I have 8.5+ years WE and a grad degree from a T14 school. I think you are psyching yourself out.


I fixed the quote mistake. I said that because she didn't believe me when I told her that she didn't go PFCD because she was being admitted soon. Michael is probably not far behind.


Yea guys if you look a few posts back I was concerned because I hadn't had an update.. 2012 thought it was because I was in. And today I got the call!

So pfcd is probably not the kiss of death but it may mean a little while longer..

For what it's worth I have 164/3.89 and some decent sorts.

I seriously am so torn now and waiting for $ info. I'm crossing my finger for y'all!!!

Prayerful1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby Prayerful1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm assuming they are now trying to shape up the class and create diversity. I saw where a 151 was accepted today. I'm still undecided on what PFCD means.. but I know that it stretches across the board as far as numbers go. I'm about to ask the 151 if she got PCFD. I check m status checker multiple times a day.. I will be so glad when I have all of my decisions! :D

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby cwid1391 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm

harge008 wrote: If they string me along again this year I'm just going to Cumberland.


That'll show 'em.

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby michaelm55 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 pm

I received a phone call from a recent graduate of the law school asking if I had any questions and giving me her contact information. I thought it was kind but rather unnecessary given that I haven't officially been accepted. Oh well...

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm

michaelm55 wrote:I received a phone call from a recent graduate of the law school asking if I had any questions and giving me her contact information. I thought it was kind but rather unnecessary given that I haven't officially been accepted. Oh well...

2012Lsatscore wrote:I fixed the quote mistake. I said that because she didn't believe me when I told her that she didn't go PFCD because she was being admitted soon. Michael is probably not far behind.

I sooooo told you. You are in; they don't call you like that unless they want you. Congrats


Damn, I'm tired of being right :evil:

Prayerful1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby Prayerful1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm

Does anyone know if there have been any rejections yet?

ironbmike
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby ironbmike » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 am

I got a call but missed it, took a voicemail. Should I call back or does it not matter?

Prayerful1
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby Prayerful1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am

Im sure it doesnt matter but I would probably call back just because. Lol

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby michaelm55 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Fall

Year:2013

Program Time:Full Time

Degree:JD

Current Status:Pending Final Committee Decision

Current Status Date:1/31/2013

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby ALgooner » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Hey guys, if any of you have questions about living in Tuscaloosa, let me know! I went to undergrad at UA and have lived in T-town all my life.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:55 pm

michaelm55 wrote:Fall

Year:2013

Program Time:Full Time

Degree:JD

Current Status:Pending Final Committee Decision

Current Status Date:1/31/2013


I am surprised, however, they gave you a courtesy call so you are not a regular PFCD person. I think I remember Tei getting a courtesy call too and he/she is PFCD.

I still stand by my prediction. Assuming you both are not hiding some kind of C&F issue, I will eat my birkenstocks with hot sauce if you both are not rescued...soon, if not in the next wave. (I'm serious.)

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby michaelm55 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:19 pm

What is PFCD?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 am

michaelm55 wrote:What is PFCD?

P-ending F-inal C-ommittee D-ecision

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby nickb285 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 pm

So, Bama impressed me. I still don't know if I want to go that far from where I want to work, but I liked the school and the people were incredibly friendly. We'll see how the rest of the cycle goes, but they're in the running for sure.

NoChainz
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby NoChainz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 am

Just withdrew, so hopefully that will free up a spot and some money for one of you. Good luck!

harge008
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby harge008 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Should I let UA law know about my other offers or just wait? I suppose I could let them know closer to the dates of required seat deposits at my backup schools. Do you think it will matter to them? I tend to think they could care less about my law school search and more about their own timeline for recruiting top LSAT scorers.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:33 pm

harge008 wrote:Should I let UA law know about my other offers or just wait? I suppose I could let them know closer to the dates of required seat deposits at my backup schools. Do you think it will matter to them? I tend to think they could care less about my law school search and more about their own timeline for recruiting top LSAT scorers.


I don't think it would benefit you to tell them about other offers. I think the only reason you would is if you are negotiating, and I think its a given that we will be paying sticker. If anything, it could hurt you.

You can, though, start thinking of ways to improve your file. If you can think of someone else who would be great for another recommendation or another volunteer position/ achievement you can obtain, you could add those to an updated resume if/when you send a LOCI. Speaking of LOCIs, go ahead and start working on one. The better it is, the better the chances that it will make an impact.

Bottom line, when shit starts getting real and deposits start coming up, I am just going to proceed as if I was WL. I will go ahead and pick my second choice and start the transition process. If the call comes, I will drop everything and go.

Hope this helps!

dstars823
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby dstars823 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:24 pm

just got into bama, actually kind of interested since ive lived in the south my entire life and wouldnt mind working around bama, ATL tons of connections in the ATL

2.5 GPA
170 LSAT

JCGibson10
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:44 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby JCGibson10 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:45 am

Congrats! Good news for any super-splitters still waiting?

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby lovejopd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 am

I got an email saying that they want me to call about my paperwork...is it a good sign?...getting nervous :cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”