University of Alabama c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby nickb285 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Anybody here going to the admitted students thing next Friday?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 am

I think I saw at least ten T-14 accepted applicants on LSN. Don't forget to narrow down folks! If you know you aren't attending, please please please withdraw. Thanks!

User avatar
hobie2515
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby hobie2515 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:52 am

Anybody else have their status date change today (1/23/2013)? I had been under review since 1/8/2013 and it just changed today (though no change in the actual status). I hope this means something is happening soon.

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby ookoshi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:01 pm

hobie2515 wrote:Anybody else have their status date change today (1/23/2013)? I had been under review since 1/8/2013 and it just changed today (though no change in the actual status). I hope this means something is happening soon.


My status changed today. I have been "Under Review" since about the 1/11/2013. It changed to "Pending Final Committee Decision" as of 10 minutes ago.

User avatar
hobie2515
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby hobie2515 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 pm

I wonder how long it takes them to go from Pending Final Committee Decision to actually making one. If it's another 2 weeks I'm going to be pissed. Hella Pissed.

User avatar
crossingfingers
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby crossingfingers » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 pm

hobie2515 wrote:I wonder how long it takes them to go from Pending Final Committee Decision to actually making one. If it's another 2 weeks I'm going to be pissed. Hella Pissed.


I've been there for a week and I'm not really holding my breath. I'd be thrilled with an acceptance, but it smells waitlisty to me... I hope I'm wrong though!

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Mine hasn't even been updated since 12/5... So I'd appreciate a pending decision limbo

Burne182
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby Burne182 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Ask and ye shall receive… Mine had been in review for about a month, now pending final committee decision.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby kay2016 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 am

2012 I'm right there with you. 164 hell.

User avatar
hobie2515
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby hobie2515 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:59 am

kayleighcheyenne wrote:2012 I'm right there with you. 164 hell.
2012Lsatscore wrote:Though I'm comforted by the fact that none of the 164s have seen movement, I think it's getting down to the wire. I'm scheduling a visit so that I can shine my pearly whites and introduce myself to the big-wigs.

Congrats to those who are pending final committee decisions. It seems like that is a better sign that those of us in in review purgatory.


You both are above the medians in LSAT and definitely in GPA. I think you're fine. We're still in January, take a deep breath, do something to take your mind of this dreadful process and be pleasantly surprised when the acceptance decision comes through.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 am

kayleighcheyenne wrote:2012 I'm right there with you. 164 hell.


I think you will be fine, honestly. You have a GPA that is above the median. You might have to wait, but you shouldn't sweat too much. :D

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:35 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm feeling so good vibes coming from Alabama tomorrow...

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:16 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby michaelm55 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm

:)
Last edited by michaelm55 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:Sweet Baby Jesus! I'm pending final committee decision!!!!!!!!!

Now, did we ever decide whether this was a good thing or just another step? I'm desperate so I'm going to take it as a good thing.

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a final decision. The Committee attempts to return decisions as soon as possible, but some final decisions may be pending for months. The Committee often reviews a file several times during the admissions cycle. Please let us know if you have any questions." This doesn't surprise me. Some people did wait months last year.

Well I moved there quickly but have been there since the 16th... Complete 1/8

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm

teiswei wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:Sweet Baby Jesus! I'm pending final committee decision!!!!!!!!!

Now, did we ever decide whether this was a good thing or just another step? I'm desperate so I'm going to take it as a good thing.

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a final decision. The Committee attempts to return decisions as soon as possible, but some final decisions may be pending for months. The Committee often reviews a file several times during the admissions cycle. Please let us know if you have any questions." This doesn't surprise me. Some people did wait months last year.

Well I moved there quickly but have been there since the 16th... Complete 1/8


just moved here as well

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 pm

UMich11 wrote:
teiswei wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:Sweet Baby Jesus! I'm pending final committee decision!!!!!!!!!

Now, did we ever decide whether this was a good thing or just another step? I'm desperate so I'm going to take it as a good thing.

"The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a final decision. The Committee attempts to return decisions as soon as possible, but some final decisions may be pending for months. The Committee often reviews a file several times during the admissions cycle. Please let us know if you have any questions." This doesn't surprise me. Some people did wait months last year.

Well I moved there quickly but have been there since the 16th... Complete 1/8


just moved here as well

Maybe I will get my decision today then!

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:32 pm

michaelm55 wrote:I submitted the first day the application was avaliable. I have been in review since 12/7...


You are fine. I wouldn't be worried if I were you. They are not going to turn away your GPA when you have a 164.

P.S. Your bad softs section is hilarious.

ced0007
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby ced0007 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 pm

My status moved to "Pending Final Committee Decision" also!

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:08 pm

ced0007 wrote:My status moved to "Pending Final Committee Decision" also!


LSAT? If you don't mind, of course...

User avatar
crossingfingers
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby crossingfingers » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Just to add to those trying to forecast about the "pending final committee decision": I updated to that status about two weeks ago and updated again today with just a date change to 1.25.13. I'm 165 with a GPA way below 25th percentile.

Hopefully we're the next wave, but to be perfectly honest, this does smell a little waitlist-y to me. Here's to me being wrong though! Best of luck all!

poison&wine
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Re: University of Alabama c/o 2016

Postby poison&wine » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Hey ya'll! Just to let you know, if you're in review for awhile don't worry. I applied last cycle in Nov. and didn't hear anything until April. Also, I had a 162 LSAT score so I was on the low and and still ended up getting a full scholarship, so don't worry if you have a LSAT score around that, you'll probably get accepted with a good scholarship just a little later in the cycle. Let me know if you have any questions about UA or Tuscaloosa... currently a 1L here and love it!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”