University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

cnk wrote:according to LSN noone has been rejected yet, so that's probably good news for all of you :)


Who is Noone? How are his numbers? :P

whsy
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby whsy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Even though I never applied ED, I was dinged for ED and sent to RD applicant pool. Has this happened to anyone??

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby md22 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Good luck everyone! I'm thinking the quick turn around is indicative of an acceptance! The idea of living in SD is growing on me...USD's employment rate gives me pause though.

cnk
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby cnk » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:57 pm

to those that are at decision rendered/mailed: did you get an e-mail that your status checker updated or did you happen to check it yourself and notice? (just wondering if i can stop obsessively checking)

User avatar
mehh
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby mehh » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 pm

cnk wrote:to those that are at decision rendered/mailed: did you get an e-mail that your status checker updated or did you happen to check it yourself and notice? (just wondering if i can stop obsessively checking)




No email. Just the update on the status check. Lo siento.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby md22 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm

cnk wrote:to those that are at decision rendered/mailed: did you get an e-mail that your status checker updated or did you happen to check it yourself and notice? (just wondering if i can stop obsessively checking)


No email I checked my status checker. Looks like you have to keep obsessively checking :lol:

qtl2pd
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby qtl2pd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Finally, some info to share about PT admission.

159/3.86 (international UG degree)
Masters + years of engineering experience.

Applied: 01/03/13, Complete: 01/04/13, Decision Rendered: 01/24/13, Acceptance letter in mail: 01/26/13.

Scholly: 10K for first year, renewable for years 2 & 3 if in top 50% of class.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby md22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Got my packet in the mail today! Accepted with the Dean's Outstanding Scholarship at 35k/year...not sure what the stipulations are because they aren't listed in the acceptance packet. Does anybody know?

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby Dmini7 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:54 pm

md22 wrote:Got my packet in the mail today! Accepted with the Dean's Outstanding Scholarship at 35k/year...not sure what the stipulations are because they aren't listed in the acceptance packet. Does anybody know?


I also received this scholarship and was wondering the same question. I couldn't locate the thread to ask, but I am curious if this means there are no stipulations or what. I went to the school site and couldn't find anything suggesting there was some sort of grade requirement to keep the scholarship.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby md22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
md22 wrote:Got my packet in the mail today! Accepted with the Dean's Outstanding Scholarship at 35k/year...not sure what the stipulations are because they aren't listed in the acceptance packet. Does anybody know?


I also received this scholarship and was wondering the same question. I couldn't locate the thread to ask, but I am curious if this means there are no stipulations or what. I went to the school site and couldn't find anything suggesting there was some sort of grade requirement to keep the scholarship.


Yeah, I checked the website as well and came up empty. At this point I'm working under the assumption that it is a top 50% stip. simply because that seems to be fairly common for their scholarships.

I'm happy to see that they awarded me this much money; it is making me reconsider USD as a viable option. I need to look into the COL in SD as the school lists it as approximately 21,000/year, but if that can be reduced USD Law becomes a lot more reasonable.

superhopefulwoo
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby superhopefulwoo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 am

My acceptance mentioned a personal invitation to visit the law school. Does that mean they will help fund the trip? Or are they just saying they want me to visit?

User avatar
cheery_girl
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:48 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby cheery_girl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 am

Complete on 12/17...
Last edited by cheery_girl on Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby Dmini7 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:41 pm

For those wondering, I emailed and asked about the deans outstanding scholarship(35k/yr). It only requires maintaining a good academic standing (2.0). After hearing that I will have to think long and hard on my decision, the debt I will incur will become pretty minimal.

Also they said they would give me a travel stipend of 400 bucks if i attend an accepted students week (I would be flying from PA). Hope some of this info helps :)

Edit: it looks like their median is a 3.0 for those wondering

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby md22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Dmini7 wrote:For those wondering, I emailed and asked about the deans outstanding scholarship(35k/yr). It only requires maintaining a good academic standing (2.0). After hearing that I will have to think long and hard on my decision, the debt I will incur will become pretty minimal.

Also they said they would give me a travel stipend of 400 bucks if i attend an accepted students week (I would be flying from PA). Hope some of this info helps :)

Edit: it looks like their median is a 3.0 for those wondering


Wow! I'm going to email and ask the same just to confirm it for myself, but that's a pretty good offer. Puts USD on the table for me as well...the 35k/year would go a long way to minimizing my debt.

nolongermissing
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby nolongermissing » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Decision rendered

hi21
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby hi21 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

was there a fee for applying to usd? also would it be too late to apply now?

User avatar
AKsnow
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby AKsnow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am

hi21 wrote:was there a fee for applying to usd? also would it be too late to apply now?


http://www.sandiego.edu/law/admissions/ ... ission.php

User avatar
bne
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby bne » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 pm

In today with $20,000/yr scholarship!! First acceptance!

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 am

bne wrote:In today with $20,000/yr scholarship!! First acceptance!


Congrats! Did you get notified by status check? Email? Snail mail?

I've got pretty strong numbers and have been under review forever... Any day now, I guess. Not sure what's taking so long.

User avatar
bne
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 am

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby bne » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 am

CO2016YEAH wrote:
bne wrote:In today with $20,000/yr scholarship!! First acceptance!


Congrats! Did you get notified by status check? Email? Snail mail?

I've got pretty strong numbers and have been under review forever... Any day now, I guess. Not sure what's taking so long.

Thank you! I logged in to the status checker on Friday which indicated that a decision was rendered and received the acceptance packet this afternoon in the mail. I hope you get good news from them soon!

apinarba
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby apinarba » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:06 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
bne wrote:In today with $20,000/yr scholarship!! First acceptance!


Congrats! Did you get notified by status check? Email? Snail mail?

I've got pretty strong numbers and have been under review forever... Any day now, I guess. Not sure what's taking so long.


I recognize you from other boards and am pretty shocked you haven’t gotten in yet.. I can’t imagine the reason being anything other than they just aren’t expecting you to matriculate there

ashawnt
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby ashawnt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Went to decision rendered today guys. I'm at there g.p.a median but 157 LSAT :( San Diego is my number one choice because its my hometown. Any thoughts on my chances I need to brace myself for this

nolongermissing
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby nolongermissing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:48 pm

ashawnt wrote:Went to decision rendered today guys. I'm at there g.p.a median but 157 LSAT :( San Diego is my number one choice because its my hometown. Any thoughts on my chances I need to brace myself for this

good luck!

ashawnt
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby ashawnt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks man any ideas on how long it will take for my decision to get to me in the mail? I'm thinking a few days?

nolongermissing
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: University of San Diego c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby nolongermissing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

ashawnt wrote:Thanks man any ideas on how long it will take for my decision to get to me in the mail? I'm thinking a few days?

like 3 or 4. I'd say Saturday by the latest in your situation.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mccracal, mm2368, notsolawful and 8 guests