Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lawschoolwoohoo
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:03 pm

I completely forgot how I found it, but there definitely is one.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:41 pm

For those attending: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=206541

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 pm

"Priority" waitlisted. :roll:

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:48 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:"Priority" waitlisted. :roll:


Sorry bud. Hope to see you at Emory though...

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 pm

TheThriller wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:"Priority" waitlisted. :roll:


Sorry bud. Hope to see you at Emory though...

The fact that he invited priority waitlisted people to ASD in a few weeks makes me feel like they're 99% going to take those applicants but don't want the hit to their yield since a lot of people have already made plans because it's basically April now.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:53 pm

in other news, anyone have the link for the admitted students FB.

Also Sunny, are you a PWL person? Don't you have some killer offers at other schools?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:55 pm

TheThriller wrote:in other news, anyone have the link for the admitted students FB.

Also Sunny, are you a PWL person? Don't you have some killer offers at other schools?


Strangely enough, Vandy is one of my top choices (and a hail mary for me. I almost didn't bother applying. There's hope for us all!) and gave me more scholarship than anyone else (excluding UMN)

I like Emory, and I'm considering hanging on to see what kind of scholarship I could get. At the same time, it would break my grandma's heart if I didn't go to school right down the street from her.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:58 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:in other news, anyone have the link for the admitted students FB.

Also Sunny, are you a PWL person? Don't you have some killer offers at other schools?


Strangely enough, Vandy is one of my top choices (and a hail mary for me. I almost didn't bother applying. There's hope for us all!) and gave me more scholarship than anyone else (excluding UMN)

I like Emory, and I'm considering hanging on to see what kind of scholarship I could get. At the same time, it would break my grandma's heart if I didn't go to school right down the street from her.


I hear ya bud. Im havent heard back from Vandy yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be headed to Emory. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:00 pm

TheThriller wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:in other news, anyone have the link for the admitted students FB.

Also Sunny, are you a PWL person? Don't you have some killer offers at other schools?


Strangely enough, Vandy is one of my top choices (and a hail mary for me. I almost didn't bother applying. There's hope for us all!) and gave me more scholarship than anyone else (excluding UMN)

I like Emory, and I'm considering hanging on to see what kind of scholarship I could get. At the same time, it would break my grandma's heart if I didn't go to school right down the street from her.


I hear ya bud. Im havent heard back from Vandy yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be headed to Emory. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

I just got the news two weeks ago. They're still sorting through applications, too. Maybe slow cycles are just a Southern thing. Expect more movement once their deposit deadline passes on May 1st.

Congrats on getting in and getting what I'm assuming is a sizable scholarship!

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:02 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:in other news, anyone have the link for the admitted students FB.

Also Sunny, are you a PWL person? Don't you have some killer offers at other schools?


Strangely enough, Vandy is one of my top choices (and a hail mary for me. I almost didn't bother applying. There's hope for us all!) and gave me more scholarship than anyone else (excluding UMN)

I like Emory, and I'm considering hanging on to see what kind of scholarship I could get. At the same time, it would break my grandma's heart if I didn't go to school right down the street from her.


I hear ya bud. Im havent heard back from Vandy yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be headed to Emory. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

I just got the news two weeks ago. They're still sorting through applications, too. Maybe slow cycles are just a Southern thing. Expect more movement once their deposit deadline passes on May 1st.

Congrats on getting in and getting what I'm assuming is a sizable scholarship!


thanks bud :D

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:16 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:"Priority" waitlisted. :roll:


Sorry bud. Hope to see you at Emory though...

The fact that he invited priority waitlisted people to ASD in a few weeks makes me feel like they're 99% going to take those applicants but don't want the hit to their yield since a lot of people have already made plans because it's basically April now.


Intriguing..

It just sucks being waitlisted though, because according to LSN, a bunch of people with lower numbers than me got in and/or got offered large scholarships today. I doubt I'm going to get the sort of scholarship offer off the waitlist that would make it worth attending. =\

It's also just scary for my other applications; LSN said 100% of people with my numbers get in- I'm starting to seriously fear the repercussions of applying late for the rest of my apps. Gah.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:33 pm

I really think that it's a way of gauging interest. If you feel like Emory is a serious contender with the right scholarship, go ahead and try the waitlist! The fact that they're instituting this crazy deposit refund policy and encouraging priority waitlisters to attend the admitted students event really makes it sound like they're going to assemble a good portion of their class from the waitlist.

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jym_dawg » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:50 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:"Priority" waitlisted. :roll:


Sorry bud. Hope to see you at Emory though...

The fact that he invited priority waitlisted people to ASD in a few weeks makes me feel like they're 99% going to take those applicants but don't want the hit to their yield since a lot of people have already made plans because it's basically April now.

So they're telling waitlisted students to come to the ADMITTED students day? This seems like an incredibly slimy move to me. People complain about how aggressive other schools are in yield protecting but if that's why Emory is trying to accomplish then they're taking the YP game to a whole notha level. Presumably they wouldn't let a student come to ASW who they're not planning to admit, so really the only reason I could see them doing this is to gauge interest. If they are concerned about having too large of a class then I can't imagine inviting people to ASW... what happens if someone comes and Emory is already full? That's like the thing Duke pulled by asking priority waitlist students to interview but only offering interviews on campus. Pretty bold YP if I understand things right.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:56 pm

jym_dawg wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:"Priority" waitlisted. :roll:


Sorry bud. Hope to see you at Emory though...

The fact that he invited priority waitlisted people to ASD in a few weeks makes me feel like they're 99% going to take those applicants but don't want the hit to their yield since a lot of people have already made plans because it's basically April now.

So they're telling waitlisted students to come to the ADMITTED students day? This seems like an incredibly slimy move to me. People complain about how aggressive other schools are in yield protecting but if that's why Emory is trying to accomplish then they're taking the YP game to a whole notha level. Presumably they wouldn't let a student come to ASW who they're not planning to admit, so really the only reason I could see them doing this is to gauge interest. If they are concerned about having too large of a class then I can't imagine inviting people to ASW... what happens if someone comes and Emory is already full? That's like the thing Duke pulled by asking priority waitlist students to interview but only offering interviews on campus. Pretty bold YP if I understand things right.


Slimy? Seems pretty nice to me. They are trying to create their class without jeopardizing their numbers...

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:48 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:My question is, are they going to completely exhaust the "priority" list before moving to the others?


Has anyone even been.. er, "regular" waitlisted?

On a different note, it's also a total crock of shit that they are saying we'll get our decision immediately after the deadline for a non-refundable deposit. Seriously?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:03 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:My question is, are they going to completely exhaust the "priority" list before moving to the others?


Has anyone even been.. er, "regular" waitlisted?

On a different note, it's also a total crock of shit that they are saying we'll get our decision immediately after the deadline for a non-refundable deposit. Seriously?


I was. I have no mention of the term "priority" and no ASD invitation. I believe there are at least two versions of the regular waitlist e-mail floating around. Mine similarly says that they hope to admit me as soon as they evaluate the yield after deposits. Seeing the amount of "priority" waitlisters, I think this statement is also "a total crock of shit".


So basically, they're forcing everyone on the waitlist to drop non-refundable money with the promise of admission. Sounds like they just want us to pay a considerably larger application fee.

doyouevenlift
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby doyouevenlift » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:08 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:My question is, are they going to completely exhaust the "priority" list before moving to the others?


Has anyone even been.. er, "regular" waitlisted?

On a different note, it's also a total crock of shit that they are saying we'll get our decision immediately after the deadline for a non-refundable deposit. Seriously?


I was. I have no mention of the term "priority" and no ASD invitation. I believe there are at least two versions of the regular waitlist e-mail floating around. Mine similarly says that they hope to admit me as soon as they evaluate the yield after deposits. Seeing the amount of "priority" waitlisters, I think this statement is also "a total crock of shit".


So basically, they're forcing everyone on the waitlist to drop non-refundable money with the promise of admission. Sounds like they just want us to pay a considerably larger application fee.


.
Last edited by doyouevenlift on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 am

Just in case there's any confusion, there's nothing in the email that says that you'll be paying a deposit to sit on the waitlist. It says that after the deposit deadline in April they'll have a better idea of their class size and will start some (probably dramatic) waitlist movement.

This is basically what every school is doing, but Emory has the decency to come out and say it.

Ramsey
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Ramsey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 am

Offered admission earlier in the month with very generous scholarship. Just withdrew. Hope someone who really wants it gets my seat and $$$.

User avatar
Pierrot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Pierrot » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 am

Anyone going to ASW on the 13th?

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Pierrot wrote:Anyone going to ASW on the 13th?


Probably yea

B01L3RM4K3R
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby B01L3RM4K3R » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm

I'll be there too. Anybody know what the dress is, what I got said casual for the Friday dinner but didn't specify Saturday.

User avatar
Pierrot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Pierrot » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Are people bringing guests to ASW? I'm probably going alone...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mm2368, potterotter, Thelaw23, wajdicm and 34 guests