Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm

My gut tells me the next 30 minutes are going to see a lot of movement.

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby kay2016 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Yep.. I'm guessing they had a bunch of decisions like mine set to go out at 5 cst

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:04 pm

kayleighcheyenne wrote:Yep.. I'm guessing they had a bunch of decisions like mine set to go out at 5 cst


Something like that, also, sorry to hear you got wait listed. With your GPA I would have expected Emory to have taken you right off the bat.

JARZJR
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JARZJR » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm

waitlisted, via email...

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm

kayleighcheyenne wrote:Yep.. I'm guessing they had a bunch of decisions like mine set to go out at 5 cst

Atlanta is in Eastern time

User avatar
racmyers23
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby racmyers23 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:08 pm

WL...

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Waitlisted. That makes 6 waitlists...

sirilu91
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sirilu91 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Waitlisted!

aladdin16
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:42 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby aladdin16 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Waitlisted

MrLawManRyan
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MrLawManRyan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Waitlisted

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Annnnnd I'm not looking at my gmail account for the next hour and hoping its still empty when I check again.

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby espressocream » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Waitlisted

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby danitt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Waitlisted.

nedzilla
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nedzilla » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:31 pm

joining the mass waitlist party. email was pretty considerate though.

doyouevenlift
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby doyouevenlift » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:46 pm

danitt wrote:Waitlisted.


numbers?

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Username123 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:46 pm

Waitlisted. Very surprised that I was waitlisted though. 3.1/156

I'm going to ride this one out.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby danitt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:49 pm

doyouevenlift wrote:
danitt wrote:Waitlisted.


numbers?

157/above average.

JLA
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JLA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:49 pm

waitlisted

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Did anyone with a 164 get WLed?

I'm asking for a friend (I was also waitlisted, which is strange since I withdrew in 2012).

jsmith201
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jsmith201 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Waitlist as well

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:56 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:Did anyone with a 164 get WLed?

I'm asking for a friend (I was also waitlisted, which is strange since I withdrew in 2012).


I saw someone above with a 164/3.9 who was waitlisted

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:57 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:Did anyone with a 164 get WLed?

I'm asking for a friend (I was also waitlisted, which is strange since I withdrew in 2012).


I haven't been yet, but someone with a 164 and a really good GPA (3.9? it's somewhere up the thread) did earlier today.

gabrielle
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gabrielle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Waitlisted today... incredibly confused though. I had been contacting Emory for weeks looking for information because of upcoming scholarship deadlines. I have already been accepted to and received scholarships from: UCLA, USC, Wash U, George Washington, Vanderbilt, and Indiana with a 164 and 4 GPA, strong letters of rec, a resume of extra curricular involvement and leadership positions, and from what I've been told, a strong personal statement.

Is there a reason that this wait-list makes sense? Not trying to sound entitled but I don't understand the decision

whisky
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby whisky » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 pm

gabrielle wrote:Waitlisted today... incredibly confused though. I had been contacting Emory for weeks looking for information because of upcoming scholarship deadlines. I have already been accepted to and received scholarships from: UCLA, USC, Wash U, George Washington, Vanderbilt, and Indiana with a 164 and 4 GPA, strong letters of rec, a resume of extra curricular involvement and leadership positions, and from what I've been told, a strong personal statement.

Is there a reason that this wait-list makes sense? Not trying to sound entitled but I don't understand the decision


Only thing I can think of is yield protection based on your other offers. Also LSN is showing a 165/3.76 waitlisted. Wierd.

gabrielle
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gabrielle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 pm

whisky wrote:
gabrielle wrote:Waitlisted today... incredibly confused though. I had been contacting Emory for weeks looking for information because of upcoming scholarship deadlines. I have already been accepted to and received scholarships from: UCLA, USC, Wash U, George Washington, Vanderbilt, and Indiana with a 164 and 4 GPA, strong letters of rec, a resume of extra curricular involvement and leadership positions, and from what I've been told, a strong personal statement.

Is there a reason that this wait-list makes sense? Not trying to sound entitled but I don't understand the decision


Only thing I can think of is yield protection based on your other offers. Also LSN is showing a 165/3.76 waitlisted. Wierd.


I didn't inform them of my other offers... the only information they would have had was the names of the schools I applied to from the LSAC application




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, whodareswins and 20 guests