Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15411
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sublime » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 am

..

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 am

EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hello – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the dean of admission and financial aid at Emory Law. .....
Follies: For those who are perusing the vignettes posted from the annual Law School Follies, the Harlem Shake skit was filmed right by the Admission Suite. I won’t comment on the students’ dancing abilities.


LOL

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:25 am

cusenation wrote:
EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hello – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the dean of admission and financial aid at Emory Law. .....
Follies: For those who are perusing the vignettes posted from the annual Law School Follies, the Harlem Shake skit was filmed right by the Admission Suite. I won’t comment on the students’ dancing abilities.


LOL


I know LOL

jackson6
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackson6 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 pm

dying here... common ethan!

LizardRock
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby LizardRock » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:39 pm

jackson6 wrote:dying here... common ethan!

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ookoshi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

<- Before 6PM - Priority Waitlist
<- After 6PM - IN, 60k, good standing stip

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

ookoshi wrote:<- Before 6PM - Priority Waitlist
<- After 6PM - IN, 60k, good standing stip

Congratulations! Are you attending?

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ookoshi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm

JXander wrote:
ookoshi wrote:<- Before 6PM - Priority Waitlist
<- After 6PM - IN, 60k, good standing stip

Congratulations! Are you attending?


I have 48 hours to decide. I'm going to need all of it.

For everyone waiting, Ethan called me, then e-mailed me.

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 pm

ookoshi wrote:
JXander wrote:
ookoshi wrote:<- Before 6PM - Priority Waitlist
<- After 6PM - IN, 60k, good standing stip

Congratulations! Are you attending?


I have 48 hours to decide. I'm going to need all of it.

For everyone waiting, Ethan called me, then e-mailed me.


Congratulations!! And thanks for the update, too! Emory's my number one choice, so I'm hoping for a phone call soon!!

User avatar
gatorgirl2012
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gatorgirl2012 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

On a side note, Ethan has to be one of the coolest admissions deans!

Epyon!
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Epyon! » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:03 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:Ethan has to be one of the coolest admissions deans!


Definitely approve of his style, and am grateful that he is both proactive and aware of how relevant TLS is as a public forum for prospective students. It would be nice if admissions offices and deans from other law schools followed suit.

jackson6
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackson6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:07 am

got in at like 7ish with a scholarship. good luck to everyone!

doyouevenlift
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby doyouevenlift » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 am

jackson6 wrote:got in at like 7ish with a scholarship. good luck to everyone!


numbers?

BBB
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BBB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:56 pm

In off the waitlist! Ethan called around noon with scholarship info and then emailed. For reference I'm 165/3.0

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Congrats.

Man, Emory loves the 165 mark.

JLA
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JLA » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 pm

In around noon with scholarship. Andy Boyles called me and then followed with an email.

djf
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby djf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 pm

.
Last edited by djf on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackson6
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackson6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm

doyouevenlift wrote:
jackson6 wrote:got in at like 7ish with a scholarship. good luck to everyone!


numbers?


165 3.34

keegz
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby keegz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm

JLA wrote:In around noon with scholarship. Andy Boyles called me and then followed with an email.


Congrats, what are your numbers?

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shaynislegend » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:45 pm

keegz wrote:
JLA wrote:In around noon with scholarship. Andy Boyles called me and then followed with an email.


Congrats, what are your numbers?


Guessing 3.43 and 165

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby patricksouthern » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Lots of love for the 165s ... no love for my 168. :(

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

patricksouthern wrote:Lots of love for the 165s ... no love for my 168. :(


no need to worry yet! People are only getting 48 hours to consider the offer, i'm sure there will be a lot of movement. But a 165 is going to be the safer bet than a 168 from their perspective because a 165 is more likely to actually enroll. (Assuming that the target median is around 165)

Paramont86
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Paramont86 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Isnt the median 167?

JLA
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JLA » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm

shaynislegend wrote:
keegz wrote:
JLA wrote:In around noon with scholarship. Andy Boyles called me and then followed with an email.


Congrats, what are your numbers?


Guessing 3.43 and 165



haha no, actually 157, 3.87 with very strong softs. There's hope for everyone, I most definitely wasn't expecting admissions or a scholarship. Good Luck!

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheThriller » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:48 pm

JLA wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
keegz wrote:
JLA wrote:In around noon with scholarship. Andy Boyles called me and then followed with an email.


Congrats, what are your numbers?


Guessing 3.43 and 165



haha no, actually 157, 3.87 with very strong softs. There's hope for everyone, I most definitely wasn't expecting admissions or a scholarship. Good Luck!


If true, congrats dude on some strong out performance, are you on cloud 9 right now?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], rubixcube and 14 guests