Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
apreel
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby apreel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 pm

BBB wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
ssolowsk wrote:For what its worth, I called the admissions office last week. They said waitlisted students would start being admitted today, once their first deadline deposit passes.


via what method of communication? Are they just using e-mail now?


last year it was phone calls with 48 hours to decide...


do you guys think we'll be getting calls/emails on weekends as well?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:00 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shaynislegend
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shaynislegend » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:04 pm

If the deposit deadline was today, doesn't that make it unlikely that they will have an decisions out today or this weekend?

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JXander » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:08 pm

shaynislegend wrote:If the deposit deadline was today, doesn't that make it unlikely that they will have an decisions out today or this weekend?

Could be this weekend for yall. Ethan is known to do plenty of work on the weekend.

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 pm

JXander wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:If the deposit deadline was today, doesn't that make it unlikely that they will have an decisions out today or this weekend?

Could be this weekend for yall. Ethan is known to do plenty of work on the weekend.


Having received several midnight emails from Emory, I'm decently confident that the phone call could come at basically anytime.

...Personally, a midnight acceptance works for me.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dewdawn
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dewdawn » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 pm

withdraw... $78K back to pool... Good Luck to those on WL

apreel
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby apreel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:53 pm

nba101790 wrote:
JXander wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:If the deposit deadline was today, doesn't that make it unlikely that they will have an decisions out today or this weekend?

Could be this weekend for yall. Ethan is known to do plenty of work on the weekend.


Having received several midnight emails from Emory, I'm decently confident that the phone call could come at basically anytime.

...Personally, a midnight acceptance works for me.


While I would welcome a phone call from Emory at any time of day/night, I think they'll probably restrict phone calls to reasonable-ish business hours...gah. I'm hoping they'll take the email route as well.

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 pm

apreel wrote:
nba101790 wrote:
JXander wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:If the deposit deadline was today, doesn't that make it unlikely that they will have an decisions out today or this weekend?

Could be this weekend for yall. Ethan is known to do plenty of work on the weekend.


Having received several midnight emails from Emory, I'm decently confident that the phone call could come at basically anytime.

...Personally, a midnight acceptance works for me.


While I would welcome a phone call from Emory at any time of day/night, I think they'll probably restrict phone calls to reasonable-ish business hours...gah. I'm hoping they'll take the email route as well.


Their waitlist website says they'll definitely call first. If they can't get in touch with you via phone, then they will email. If they have not heard from you within 24 hours they will move onto the next candidate, but you have 48 to decide to attend Emory.

Here's to hoping for a Monday morning phone call!!

jackson6
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackson6 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:03 pm

did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.

whisky
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby whisky » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:15 pm

jackson6 wrote:did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.


Yup I got the same email.

jackson6
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackson6 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:41 pm

whisky wrote:
jackson6 wrote:did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.


Yup I got the same email.


I wonder how many people are on the priority list. I experienced some stressed induced insomnia last night waiting for a call haha.

BBB
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BBB » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:04 pm

whisky wrote:
jackson6 wrote:did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.


Yup I got the same email.


I didn't get one! :(

jackson6
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jackson6 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 pm

BBB wrote:
whisky wrote:
jackson6 wrote:did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.


Yup I got the same email.


I didn't get one! :(


I feel like this email doesn't really mean anything. they could have sent this email out to their top candidates or the bottom of the barrel to keep the interest from them for longer while the top candidates accept/decline.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am

whisky wrote:
jackson6 wrote:did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.


Yup I got the same email.


Also got this email. Hope it means we'll be receiving phone calls very, very soon. :)

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:28 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:Can those who got the e-mail post their numbers and/or whether you are priority?


My GPA is slightly above the median, my LSAT is above the 75th percentile. I'm on the priority waitlist.

User avatar
crossingfingers
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby crossingfingers » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:04 am

Also received email; I'm priority waitlisted as well. It was sent as a reply to my earlier response to the initial waitlist notification. While I'd love to think it's a good sign, I'd agree with the earlier poster that this is likely just checking in to make sure our last correspondences were received. I also attended (the amazing) Visiting Day, so that might be relevant as well.

Either way, I continue to love the way this admissions group works and wish others were more like them. Best of luck to fellow waiters!

BBB
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BBB » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:48 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:Can those who got the e-mail post their numbers and/or whether you are priority?


I didn't get the email and I know I'm on the priority list! I went to ASW....panic!

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:44 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ookoshi
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ookoshi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm

whisky wrote:
jackson6 wrote:did anyone else on the priority list just get an email from Ethan saying, "Thanks for your patience. I hope to be in touch soon!"? I replied to his priority email the day I got it and this is the first thing I heard anything from the guy.


Yup I got the same email.


+1

2.3/167, but I'm a nontraditional with 10 years WE so my soft are somewhat unique and my GPA is from the 90's.

antmcb91
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby antmcb91 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Found a website where it seems people self-report their numbers and the decision they received from Emory. Might give people an idea of what we are looking at.

http://emory.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm

antmcb91 wrote:Found a website where it seems people self-report their numbers and the decision they received from Emory. Might give people an idea of what we are looking at.

http://emory.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants


Is this a joke or...? :o

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:43 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
antmcb91 wrote:Found a website where it seems people self-report their numbers and the decision they received from Emory. Might give people an idea of what we are looking at.

http://emory.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants


Is this a joke or...? :o


:shock:

User avatar
lawschoolwoohoo
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 am

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
antmcb91 wrote:Found a website where it seems people self-report their numbers and the decision they received from Emory. Might give people an idea of what we are looking at.

http://emory.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants


Is this a joke or...? :o


:shock:


Why the shocked faces? Not being a jerk, but genuinely curious. Are these numbers really low for Emory or something? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I'm not super well-versed on great numbers for each school.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests