Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 pm

I just applied. CAN'T STOP WONT STOP

JXander

Postby JXander » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I just applied. CAN'T STOP WONT STOP

For real?

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 pm

JXander wrote:

For real?

Yes. Is it true there's no status checker? Wtf am I suppose to do?

AMilfordMan

Postby AMilfordMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
JXander wrote:

For real?

Truth. I submitted in September and got a decision in late March. Having no status checker may have saved my sanity over that long stretch.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
JXander wrote:

For real?

Vandy and now Emory? You are applying late to all these schools with no or useless status checkers :lol:

JXander

Postby JXander » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
JXander wrote:

For real?

Vandy and now Emory? You are applying late to all these schools with no or useless status checkers :lol:

I'm just shocked that he wants to waste money on those reporting fees.

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ned Racine

Postby Ned Racine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:He better just hope that a desperate WLer doesn't attempt to out him to the adcomms. Then it really will be a waste of money.

Honestly, I think that would reflect worse on the person outing.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

I wouldn't apply to the school if I didn't think there was some chance I would go. Despite my love for WUSTL I will make a rational decision on where I attend. I think we all owe it to ourselves to exhaust every option on where we attend.

Tbh me posting on tls wont effect my chances and, given the nature of this cycle a late app at this point isn't nessacarily an auto ding. There's plenty of examples last year of someone applying early getting dinged. Then someone with similar numbers applying later in the cycle when they realize that apps were down and they needed to reach a median and that person got in with $.

With that being said. Fuck no status checker.

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:In all seriousness, if Ethan cares he will connect the dots himself. I'm just saying, it would be hilarious if you got auto WLed because some crazy ambitious, gunning 0L totally ratted you out. (I personally think you're a slime ball, but my cycle is basically over so I don't give a fuck.)

Really :(
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:26 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:I personally think you're a slime ball

Why?

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 pm

Xs20 wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:I personally think you're a slime ball

Why?

I think that poster was kidding....could be wrong tho.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:18 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:With that being said. Fuck no status checker.

I know... what's up with that? :wink:

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 am

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LetsGoRangers

Postby LetsGoRangers » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:I wouldn't apply to the school if I didn't think there was some chance I would go

uh wut. You just found out what state Emory was located in.

and when you did find out what state the school was in you told this board you wouldn't apply to Emory.

I could care less what you do, but it seems like there's a lot of kids on the WL and I am sure there are a lot of kids on that list dying to go here. We don't know what kind of ceiling/quota the school has for acceptances in a given year in order to protect the YP, why risk taking an acceptance from a student who really wants it? Just seems like common courtesy.

If you're looking for a thrill just from applying when you're in a great school already, by your previous posts it seems like you're set on WUSTL, you need a new hobby lol. It would piss the hell out of me if I saw you post down the line saying "LOL OMG IN AT EMORY, I feel so alive" while I am waiting for a call from the school I really want to be at.

I am not going here just my .02 and please don't take this personally.

I can understand people being pissed off when you proclaim it to the entire board that you're applying for a "thrill" when I am sure there are kids that really, really want to go here and not being sure what school they will be at next year.

Adios

LGR

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 am

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Fine, I'll just keep my apps to myself then. By the way, the "thrill" part, was a joke, from the vandy thread, obviously some people can't take a joke. It's my cycle I'll apply to where I want to, just like I expect everyone else too. I'm not gonna limit my prospectives, just like I don't expect any of you to. I said "I wouldn't apply to the school if I didn't think there was some chance I would go" and I meant it. You guys also need to realize that Emory JUST sent me a fee waiver this week, which prompted me to do some research on the school (and one of the first things I found was that it was in a different state than I assumed it was), and I liked what I researched, so I threw out an app because I had a fee waiver and I think I might be able to get a big scholarship from them, which I would then consider going there. You guys don't know my motives, and this is suppose to be a fun place to applicants to talk about their cycle. Stop assuming that 1 person on TLS applying is all of a sudden going to doom your app, or attack them for doing so.

IMO what I'm doing can not even compare to some of you that have threatened to out me or whatever. Or some of the PMs I've gotten. You gotta realize how fucked up and pissed off that makes me to see something like "He better just hope that a desperate WLer doesn't attempt to out him to the adcomms. Then it really will be a waste of money."....and...."It would be hilarious if you got auto WLed because some crazy ambitious, gunning 0L totally ratted you out." Then those same people have the audacity to tell me where to apply and where to withdraw.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Fine, I'll just keep my apps to myself then. By the way, the "thrill" part, was a joke, from the vandy thread, obviously some people can't take a joke. It's my cycle I'll apply to where I want to, just like I expect everyone else too. I'm not gonna limit my prospectives, just like I don't expect any of you to. I said "I wouldn't apply to the school if I didn't think there was some chance I would go" and I meant it. You guys also need to realize that Emory JUST sent me a fee waiver this week, which prompted me to do some research on the school (and one of the first things I found was that it was in a different state than I assumed it was), and I liked what I researched, so I threw out an app because I had a fee waiver and I think I might be able to get a big scholarship from them, which I would then consider going there. You guys don't know my motives, and this is suppose to be a fun place to applicants to talk about their cycle. Stop assuming that 1 person on TLS applying is all of a sudden going to doom your app, or attack them for doing so.

IMO what I'm doing can not even compare to some of you that have threatened to out me or whatever. Or some of the PMs I've gotten. You gotta realize how fucked up and pissed off that makes me to see something like "He better just hope that a desperate WLer doesn't attempt to out him to the adcomms. Then it really will be a waste of money."....and...."It would be hilarious if you got auto WLed because some crazy ambitious, gunning 0L totally ratted you out." Then those same people have the audacity to tell me where to apply and where to withdraw.

Post the PMs

LetsGoRangers

Postby LetsGoRangers » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Hey man completely understandable. I was in no way saying I was mad or going o out you. You're allowed to apply anywhere you want you earned it and deserve to have the best options availabe you owe that to yourself. I'm sire you were in no way malicious and was in good fun

I was just saying how it gave the impression that you were just applying for the hell of it. I'm WLd at my top choice and if I saw some of the stuff you were posting it would really upset me. A lot of people read these boards and everyone's on edge with the process. I'm just saying I'm in the shoes of many people that are waitlisted and we are anxious and really sucks not knowing where you'll be next year.

Good luck with the rest of the cycle.

slawww

Postby slawww » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:43 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:In all seriousness, if Ethan cares he will connect the dots himself. I'm just saying, it would be hilarious if you got auto WLed because some crazy ambitious, gunning 0L totally ratted you out. (I personally think you're a slime ball, but my cycle is basically over so I don't give a fuck.)

Damn, that's not cool =/

This is disappointing to read, especially after having only positive interactions with you in other threads.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Fine, I'll just keep my apps to myself then. By the way, the "thrill" part, was a joke, from the vandy thread, obviously some people can't take a joke. It's my cycle I'll apply to where I want to, just like I expect everyone else too. I'm not gonna limit my prospectives, just like I don't expect any of you to. I said "I wouldn't apply to the school if I didn't think there was some chance I would go" and I meant it. You guys also need to realize that Emory JUST sent me a fee waiver this week, which prompted me to do some research on the school (and one of the first things I found was that it was in a different state than I assumed it was), and I liked what I researched, so I threw out an app because I had a fee waiver and I think I might be able to get a big scholarship from them, which I would then consider going there. You guys don't know my motives, and this is suppose to be a fun place to applicants to talk about their cycle. Stop assuming that 1 person on TLS applying is all of a sudden going to doom your app, or attack them for doing so.

Post the PMs

YESPLZ. Also seriously LOL at you people ITT. He's not going to take an acceptance away from anyone if he doesn't attend. If you guys are desperately trying to get off the WL you'd be much better served retaking the June LSAT than spending your time getting butthurt about someone else's decision to apply.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:48 pm

slawww wrote:

Damn, that's not cool =/

This is disappointing to read, especially after having only positive interactions with you in other threads.

In her defense she cleared things up via pms, and I dont think she would, but it's just more concerning that some rando out of the general lurking public could be thinking the same thing now.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm

+1.

People need to off this dude's nuts and stop taking it personally that he applied to somewhere he's not 100% set on going. Everyone has their own motives for applying to schools, and we don't know his, so he doesn't deserve to get shit on just because people are bitter that they're waitlisted. If you think you're being sanctimonious by not "playing the game" like the schools are doing to you, you're doing yourself a disservice by not giving yourself as many opportunities as possible. Tons of people are applying to schools just to use their scholarship to negotiate with a school they really want to go to. That's just good strategy. If me negotiating for potentially tens of thousands of dollars more in scholarship money comes at the expense of a waitlister having to wait a couple more weeks before being admitted, I'm sorry, but I'd do it, too.

ETA: Also, like woke said, Emory isn't worth sticker anyway, and if you get in off the WL you'll probably be paying close to sticker. So even if he was taking one of your spots (which he isn't), he'd probably be doing you a favor.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”