Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks guys!!! You're right! In with 90K! I'm so happy :)

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby md22 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Thanks guys!!! You're right! In with 90K! I'm so happy :)


Congrats!

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 pm

md22 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:Thanks guys!!! You're right! In with 90K! I'm so happy :)


Congrats!


thanks :) this has definitely moved to one of my top choices now.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 pm

md22 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:Thanks guys!!! You're right! In with 90K! I'm so happy :)


Congrats!

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Thanks guys!!! You're right! In with 90K! I'm so happy :)


Told you! :lol: Congrats again!

User avatar
meowth
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby meowth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 pm

^162. 3.8 URM.
I've been looking at past posts (I think 2010? Sorry, on my phone right now) about how the stipulation used to be at "top 30%." At least a specific gpa is more concrete (and less stressful imo) right?

User avatar
meowth
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby meowth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 pm

chinchillin wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:The "Dean's Scholarship" is a full ride, though.

--LinkRemoved--


This is true. I'd like to hear numbers, but i have a feeling that's it's something else that motivates the Loyola admissions team to award the dean's scholarship. Spill the beans meowth!


I'm sure this was the case with me in terms of my softs making up for my lsat score.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 pm

meowth wrote:^162. 3.8 URM.
I've been looking at past posts (I think 2010? Sorry, on my phone right now) about how the stipulation used to be at "top 30%." At least a specific gpa is more concrete (and less stressful imo) right?


It's better... but it also seems they are throwing out even more money these days. It's a very scary position to be in a section where everyone has 90k-96k-fullrides with the top 45% stip... ugh... I'm pre-stressed about evening DEALING with it.

owlie
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby owlie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm

dproduct wrote:
meowth wrote:^162. 3.8 URM.
I've been looking at past posts (I think 2010? Sorry, on my phone right now) about how the stipulation used to be at "top 30%." At least a specific gpa is more concrete (and less stressful imo) right?


It's better... but it also seems they are throwing out even more money these days. It's a very scary position to be in a section where everyone has 90k-96k-fullrides with the top 45% stip... ugh... I'm pre-stressed about evening DEALING with it.


Do they stack sections? I hadn't read that...

angieess
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby angieess » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17

MASSattack1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MASSattack1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 pm

angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17


Are you a URM?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 pm

owlie wrote:
dproduct wrote:
meowth wrote:^162. 3.8 URM.
I've been looking at past posts (I think 2010? Sorry, on my phone right now) about how the stipulation used to be at "top 30%." At least a specific gpa is more concrete (and less stressful imo) right?


It's better... but it also seems they are throwing out even more money these days. It's a very scary position to be in a section where everyone has 90k-96k-fullrides with the top 45% stip... ugh... I'm pre-stressed about evening DEALING with it.


Do they stack sections? I hadn't read that...


Not that I heard, just, seeing as most of us have received similar scholarships... I assume we'll be in significant competition to keep our money.

angieess
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby angieess » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm

MASSattack1 wrote:
angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17


Are you a URM?


Yes I am.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

angieess wrote:
MASSattack1 wrote:
angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17


Are you a URM?


Yes I am.


Are you An AA? If so I would say you have a very very slim chance, but if your in you are paying sticker. Maybe a WL if we assume its still too early for rejections.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:44 pm

dproduct wrote:
owlie wrote:
dproduct wrote:
meowth wrote:^162. 3.8 URM.
I've been looking at past posts (I think 2010? Sorry, on my phone right now) about how the stipulation used to be at "top 30%." At least a specific gpa is more concrete (and less stressful imo) right?


It's better... but it also seems they are throwing out even more money these days. It's a very scary position to be in a section where everyone has 90k-96k-fullrides with the top 45% stip... ugh... I'm pre-stressed about evening DEALING with it.


Do they stack sections? I hadn't read that...


Not that I heard, just, seeing as most of us have received similar scholarships... I assume we'll be in significant competition to keep our money.


I really don't think they stack. A friend of mine spoke with a 1L there not long ago and was told by the 1L that (considering the scholarships of the people he was aware) the sections were all relatively balanced.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 pm

FWIW, without the intention of being the bearer of bad news, LSN did show a few ding updates over the past few hours.

But you never know until you know (unless you are well above medians, of course ;) ).

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:49 pm

angieess wrote:
MASSattack1 wrote:
angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17


Are you a URM?


Yes I am.


I can't say I'm convinced either way. You're well below both medians, but well ahead of some of the earlier dings posted on LSN.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dproduct » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:I really don't think they stack. A friend of mine spoke with a 1L there not long ago and was told by the 1L that (considering the scholarships of the people he was aware) the sections were all relatively balanced.


This is very comforting! TYFT

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 pm

angieess wrote:
MASSattack1 wrote:
angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17


Are you a URM?


Yes I am.


http://lawschoolnumbers.com/hippiedippie

This might give you some additional hope. Also, she self-reports as Mexican, which isn't exactly a minority in L.A.

Rooting for you!

hi21
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby hi21 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 pm

angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17



Were there any updates to your status before the decision was rendered? I'm asking because I haven't had any updates since my app went complete.

coffeeaddict
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby coffeeaddict » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 am

hi21 wrote:
angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17



Were there any updates to your status before the decision was rendered? I'm asking because I haven't had any updates since my app went complete.


Wondering the same thing...

MASSattack1
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MASSattack1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am

coffeeaddict wrote:
hi21 wrote:
angieess wrote:Decision rendered as of 01/29. Do you guys think an acceptance packet might be coming for me?

Stats
LSAT: 151
GPA: 3.17



Were there any updates to your status before the decision was rendered? I'm asking because I haven't had any updates since my app went complete.


Wondering the same thing...


Same..hmmm

the_kats
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby the_kats » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 am

Applied: 1/2
Decision Rendered: 1/27
Decision Received: 1/31

3.3 UCLA (Psyc)/161

96k!!! Still can't believe it.

*crossing fingers hoping they aren't dyslexic and meant 69k instead*

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sanjola » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 am

the_kats wrote:Applied: 1/2
Decision Rendered: 1/27
Decision Received: 1/31

3.3 UCLA (Psyc)/161

96k!!! Still can't believe it.

*crossing fingers hoping they aren't dyslexic and meant 69k instead*


Congratulations!! That seems to be the top scholarship. Way to go!

P.S. I don't think they ever gave out 69K before. :wink:

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Loyola (Los Angeles) c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nba101790 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:08 am

the_kats wrote:Applied: 1/2
Decision Rendered: 1/27
Decision Received: 1/31

3.3 UCLA (Psyc)/161

96k!!! Still can't believe it.

*crossing fingers hoping they aren't dyslexic and meant 69k instead*


Wow, awesome! Hoping for the same (3.6/164). If I get it, Loyola suddenly becomes very compelling.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”