University of Maryland c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tdense
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby tdense » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 pm

muskies970 wrote:I was told today that the financial awards committee is in the process of meeting now and admissions is hoping to hear in the next week, but it could be two.


So we're getting mixed messages. That's always good.

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Lol awesome. They said they would have a decision within two weeks as I was interviewing with them. Oh well, I will just have to be patient.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby muskies970 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:Lol awesome. They said they would have a decision within two weeks as I was interviewing with them. Oh well, I will just have to be patient.


Same for me, I was also present at the ASD and a few people told me they're running a little behind fwiw.

Overall I was very impressed by the entire Maryland community at the event though (students, alums, and faculty). Maryland definitely has some great selling points

alexpag
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby alexpag » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on here, I sent in my application 11/1, and it still says my application is under review (1/14). I applied for the PT program, does anyone have any idea why it is taking so long?

I got into UBalt a few week backs, and seat deposits are due soon, and I am getting really anxious!

Thanks for the help!

Mhens
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby Mhens » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Waitlisted on Monday via email. Pleasantly surprised since my lsat is way below median. Loci time.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby muskies970 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Just got the call tonight, was given a leadership scholar award. Overall it seems like a sweet deal:

1. $
2. Being matched with a faculty member for 2L and 3L years to work as a research assistant. The position is also paid.
3. Being paired with a career advisor, sort of zoned out at this point.

Did anyone else receive news/ is considering this offer?

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

muskies970 wrote:Just got the call tonight, was given a leadership scholar award. Overall it seems like a sweet deal:

1. $
2. Being matched with a faculty member for 2L and 3L years to work as a research assistant. The position is also paid.
3. Being paired with a career advisor, sort of zoned out at this point.

Did anyone else receive news/ is considering this offer?


No news yet. That sounds like a sweet gig though!

lawschool4
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby lawschool4 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Does anyone know when they start taking people off of the wait list and sending out accepted/denied notifications?

User avatar
deuceindc
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby deuceindc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

muskies970 wrote:Just got the call tonight, was given a leadership scholar award. Overall it seems like a sweet deal:

1. $
2. Being matched with a faculty member for 2L and 3L years to work as a research assistant. The position is also paid.
3. Being paired with a career advisor, sort of zoned out at this point.

Did anyone else receive news/ is considering this offer?


Congrats! How long between your interview and the decision?

User avatar
gitguy
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby gitguy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Just completed my financial aid award interview via webcam. I think it went really well, although I was basically told that they are pretty strapped right now, but I think we already know that.

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby espressocream » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

gitguy wrote:Just completed my financial aid award interview via webcam. I think it went really well, although I was basically told that they are pretty strapped right now, but I think we already know that.


I'm a little confused as to what they ask in this interview. Do they really ask what other schools you're considering and how much you're getting from them as someone else stated earlier?

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby hoogs23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

espressocream wrote:
gitguy wrote:Just completed my financial aid award interview via webcam. I think it went really well, although I was basically told that they are pretty strapped right now, but I think we already know that.


I'm a little confused as to what they ask in this interview. Do they really ask what other schools you're considering and how much you're getting from them as someone else stated earlier?


yes they asked me this

User avatar
tony2167
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby tony2167 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:49 pm

I got the email yesterday that I've been selected for one of the scholarship interviews. I'm not sure that I'll even do it, at this point I think it'd take damn near a full ride for me to attend and I'm fairly certain my numbers don't warrant that. Looking at LSN it doesn't seem like they've been especially generous in the past, either.

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby hoogs23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 pm

muskies970 wrote:Just got the call tonight, was given a leadership scholar award. Overall it seems like a sweet deal:

1. $
2. Being matched with a faculty member for 2L and 3L years to work as a research assistant. The position is also paid.
3. Being paired with a career advisor, sort of zoned out at this point.

Did anyone else receive news/ is considering this offer?


I just got called with this offer too

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm

hoogs23 wrote:I just got called with this offer too


congrats! come on cellphone.....

hoogs23
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby hoogs23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:00 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
hoogs23 wrote:I just got called with this offer too


congrats! come on cellphone.....


thanks.. they r working late on a friday.. good luck

User avatar
Greyhound42
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby Greyhound42 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:02 pm

I just missed my call from Ms. Hussman... tried to call back like she asked, but couldn't reach her :( Still, this sounds like good news!
Congrats to everyone else who was offered the scholarship!

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Just got an email from Katrin saying she'd like to discuss my award on Monday. Did anyone get this email before the call?

User avatar
Greyhound42
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby Greyhound42 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:06 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:Just got an email from Katrin saying she'd like to discuss my award on Monday. Did anyone get this email before the call?


Maybe you missed the call? I missed mine and got the same email.

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 am

Greyhound42 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:Just got an email from Katrin saying she'd like to discuss my award on Monday. Did anyone get this email before the call?


Maybe you missed the call? I missed mine and got the same email.


No missed call, no VM. Nothing on my end. Strange. Email sounds good though, so no complaints here.

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby espressocream » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Just ate the cookie we got in our bags at ASD.

Yum.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby muskies970 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 pm

espressocream wrote:Just ate the cookie we got in our bags at ASD.

Yum.


I forgot all about them! Going to find mine now I felt guilty thinking about eating it before but now I think I will

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby espressocream » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:12 pm

muskies970 wrote:
espressocream wrote:Just ate the cookie we got in our bags at ASD.

Yum.


I forgot all about them! Going to find mine now I felt guilty thinking about eating it before but now I think I will


It was surprisingly tasty. I felt bad too, so I instragrammed it before I ate it.

User avatar
Greyhound42
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby Greyhound42 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:21 pm

espressocream wrote:
muskies970 wrote:
espressocream wrote:Just ate the cookie we got in our bags at ASD.

Yum.


I forgot all about them! Going to find mine now I felt guilty thinking about eating it before but now I think I will


It was surprisingly tasty. I felt bad too, so I instragrammed it before I ate it.


Was it a Berger cookie??

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby espressocream » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Greyhound42 wrote:
espressocream wrote:
muskies970 wrote:
espressocream wrote:Just ate the cookie we got in our bags at ASD.

Yum.


I forgot all about them! Going to find mine now I felt guilty thinking about eating it before but now I think I will


It was surprisingly tasty. I felt bad too, so I instragrammed it before I ate it.


Was it a Berger cookie??


No, but they had those at the event -- SO GOOD. Apparently the factory shut down? Idk some girl was telling me that.

This one was just a chocolate covered biscuit, but really good.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KeYe88, Majestic-12 [Bot], mm2368, MSNbot Media, notsolawful, TudoBem and 10 guests