University of Maryland c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:i promise you if you just got the status update you're in.


I sure hope so. What leads you to believe this?

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby zoomzoom88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm

turns out harvey fan is one of my close friends and i know her gpa and lsat score. both are good enough to get into top 5 schools. if she gets dinged from maryland i will eat my laptop.

Granfalloon12
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby Granfalloon12 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm

... could be the case that the accepted and rejected got the status update though. So that doesn't really tell us anything, unfortunately :(

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby zoomzoom88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:40 pm

see i doubt that bc my numbers put me at waitlist at best and i did not receive the update and applied before her.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:see i doubt that bc my numbers put me at waitlist at best and i did not receive the update and applied before her.


I'll take it (I hope you get in,too, of course) This would be my first T1 acceptance so far, if true.

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby zoomzoom88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 pm

haha well i won't say congratulations too early (because obviously when it comes down to it I'm just drawing inferences) but i'm excited for you guys :) and let me tell you if you end up at school with harvey fan I hope you become her best friend because she's hands down the smartest person I have ever met.

Granfalloon12
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby Granfalloon12 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:53 pm

slawww wrote:
zoomzoom88 wrote:see i doubt that bc my numbers put me at waitlist at best and i did not receive the update and applied before her.


I'll take it (I hope you get in,too, of course) This would be my first T1 acceptance so far, if true.


Congrats! Best of luck to the both of you. This'll be my first acceptance, fingers are crossed. Thanks for the insight, zoomzoom that was helpful!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:haha well i won't say congratulations too early (because obviously when it comes down to it I'm just drawing inferences) but i'm excited for you guys :) and let me tell you if you end up at school with harvey fan I hope you become her best friend because she's hands down the smartest person I have ever met.


I will definitely try to do that! I'm sure you will be getting your acceptance update any day now.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Granfalloon12 wrote:
slawww wrote:
zoomzoom88 wrote:see i doubt that bc my numbers put me at waitlist at best and i did not receive the update and applied before her.


I'll take it (I hope you get in,too, of course) This would be my first T1 acceptance so far, if true.


Congrats! Best of luck to the both of you. This'll be my first acceptance, fingers are crossed. Thanks for the insight, zoomzoom that was helpful!


+1

User avatar
harveyfan
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby harveyfan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:haha well i won't say congratulations too early (because obviously when it comes down to it I'm just drawing inferences) but i'm excited for you guys :) and let me tell you if you end up at school with harvey fan I hope you become her best friend because she's hands down the smartest person I have ever met.


you are such a goon zoomzoom88! i loveee you! you're definitely going to get in too! =]

demarco5
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby demarco5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Are acceptances snail mail or email?

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby zoomzoom88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm

carrier pigeon.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 am

Current status: Decision Made-- Hoping for good news!!

havanese11
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby havanese11 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 am

slawww wrote:Current status: Decision Made-- Hoping for good news!!


Hi all! my status changed today to decision made. With the holiday it probably won't arrive until Monday for me but that won't stop me from checking my mailbox constantly on Friday and Saturday.
Is it safe to assume that decisions made this early are acceptances?? They wouldn't be rejecting people this early in the process right?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am

havanese11 wrote:
slawww wrote:Current status: Decision Made-- Hoping for good news!!


Hi all! my status changed today to decision made. With the holiday it probably won't arrive until Monday for me but that won't stop me from checking my mailbox constantly on Friday and Saturday.
Is it safe to assume that decisions made this early are acceptances?? They wouldn't be rejecting people this early in the process right?


+1. That's also what I'm thinking. I wish they would just send the notifications via e-mail, but it will be pretty cool to get an acceptance package in the mail, too.

User avatar
harveyfan
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby harveyfan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Mine changed today too! So nervous. I'm in state, so hopefully it turns up soon, but I don't think it will until this weekend, since Thursday is a federal holiday.

Bahhh so nervous/excited!!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:42 pm

harveyfan wrote:Mine changed today too! So nervous. I'm in state, so hopefully it turns up soon, but I don't think it will until this weekend, since Thursday is a federal holiday.

Bahhh so nervous/excited!!


Same, also in-state. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long!

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby lookingin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:09 pm

1) Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
2) My status changed to "Decision Made" today!

I am too impatient. I hate waiting on the mail to come!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:19 pm

lookingin wrote:1) Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
2) My status changed to "Decision Made" today!

I am too impatient. I hate waiting on the mail to come!


+1!

tlink1990
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby tlink1990 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:36 pm

It says decision has been made. Is that a good sign? I feel like it's pretty early to already get straight up denied.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm

tlink1990 wrote:It says decision has been made. Is that a good sign? I feel like it's pretty early to already get straight up denied.


That's what I'm thinking. I'm hoping I'll have the letter tomorrow since I live right by the law school. I'll post ASAP when I find out.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Just got my acceptance letter! Feels good to have my 1st T-1 acceptance 8) . This is definitely one of my top choices, hoping for a little scholly money, but we'll see. The letter says they will be in touch within the next few weeks with more info on the admissions process (assuming $$ & other accepted students stuff) Goodluck & congrats to everyone!

zoomzoom88
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby zoomzoom88 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm

congratulations!! so exciting :)

tlink1990
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby tlink1990 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:23 pm

slawww wrote:Just got my acceptance letter! Feels good to have my 1st T-1 acceptance 8) . This is definitely one of my top choices, hoping for a little scholly money, but we'll see. The letter says they will be in touch within the next few weeks with more info on the admissions process (assuming $$ & other accepted students stuff) Goodluck & congrats to everyone!


Nice. Congrats. Hopefully I'll get something in the mail tomorrow.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: University of Maryland c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:51 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:congratulations!! so exciting :)


Thanks! I'm sure your acceptance will be coming around the corner!

tlink1990 wrote:
Nice. Congrats. Hopefully I'll get something in the mail tomorrow.


Good luck! I'm sure it's an acceptance as well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Cognitiveproblem, goldescholes, KeYe88, NotAGolfer, spursforever, tinafeyclone, Torres1893, xholdman and 14 guests