University of Georgia c/o 2016 applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CO2016YEAH

Re: University of Georgia c/o 2016 applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 pm

nickb285 wrote:
The-Specs wrote:Haha i got the class of 2015 form letter too. I am hoping that since they obviously caught it on other letters, it means that our letters were sent out first and somehow has some connection to our priority for scholarships.

That seems reasonable.

Lol! I love the inferences we make in a state of anxious hope! Reasonable, indeed.

Based on the above information, which of the following must be true:

a) There is a packet with a full ride coming in the mail.
b) Generally, those who receive letters early receive scholarships.
c) These students were admitted to the class of 2015 based on their outstanding academic promise and, by default, are not required to take a rigorous 1L standard curriculum.
d) Those who have outstanding academic progress always receive scholarships and forgo the 1L standard curriculum.
e) It is possible these letters were generated earlier than letters indicating admissions to the class of 2016, but also possible they were generated later. Basically we, have no way of knowing whether this means scholly packets are coming or not.

Sorry if this comes off as cynical. I thought a little humor was in order. On the Northwestern thread a 1L indicated that last year there was substantial debate as to whether the "Happy Thanksgiving" emails, which some applicants received and some didn't, meant an admit. Apparently, it did not. Lol.

BTW, my UGA application switched to "being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" sometime in the past few days.

Good luck to all of us!

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:BTW, my UGA application switched to "being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" sometime in the past few days.

Did it happen on a Monday? If you're out of state and went under review on a Monday after 12PM, that means you'll be offered in-state tuition for 1L.

CO2016YEAH

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 pm

nickb285 wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:BTW, my UGA application switched to "being reviewed by the Admissions Committee" sometime in the past few days.

Did it happen on a Monday? If you're out of state and went under review on a Monday after 12PM, that means you'll be offered in-state tuition for 1L.

I'm not sure, but I'm definitely hoping! At least I'm glad to know that if it was on Tuesday it doesn't necessarily mean I won't be getting in-state! Yesss!!!

seancris

Postby seancris » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 am

nickb285 wrote:

loll

tlink1990

Postby tlink1990 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Does UGA have a different system than the other schools, or am I not checking my status appropriately? I'm brought to a page that has a list of important dates, "my checklists," "my favorites," and then "my application status," which says "Your application is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." Seems like people have heard back already, so I am kind of worried right now.

scruffy556

Postby scruffy556 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 pm

tlink1990 wrote:Does UGA have a different system than the other schools, or am I not checking my status appropriately? I'm brought to a page that has a list of important dates, "my checklists," "my favorites," and then "my application status," which says "Your application is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee." Seems like people have heard back already, so I am kind of worried right now.

Yes UGA does use their own system for some reason. When did your application go complete? Mine has been under review since somewhere around the 8th. In my case I'm pretty sure it's a bad sign, but a lot of people went under review after the first round of admits. I don't know why you would worry if that's the case for you, yet anyway.

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

seancris

Postby seancris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:24 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:Just got a fee waiver in the mail. So excited! With the possibility of having my tuition drop from 33K to 15K after the first year, I think UGA is quickly becoming my second choice. I really want to go visit some time soon.

Is it possible for them to refund my app cost or put it toward my seat deposit if I am accepted? I am afraid to ask because I really want to be accepted.

Definitely ask. The worst that will happen is they say no. 0% chance of it negatively impacting your app.

CO2016YEAH

Postby CO2016YEAH » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:28 pm

seancris wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:Just got a fee waiver in the mail. So excited! With the possibility of having my tuition drop from 33K to 15K after the first year, I think UGA is quickly becoming my second choice. I really want to go visit some time soon.

Is it possible for them to refund my app cost or put it toward my seat deposit if I am accepted? I am afraid to ask because I really want to be accepted.

Definitely ask. The worst that will happen is they say no. 0% chance of it negatively impacting your app.

Agreed, so long as you make a point of being polite about it. For example, "I really appreciate the waiver, and hate to ask this retroactively, but given that I'm a poor student every dollar counts...would it be possible...."

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

LittleBlueBird

Postby LittleBlueBird » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:20 pm

In via status checker. I don't know when it changed.

I was accepted last year but didn't attend because they didn't offer me any money. Re-took the LSAT, raised my score and hoping for the best this time around.

kwwill3

Postby kwwill3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Has anyone who submitted after getting their october lsat scores heard back yet?

KingsCup

Postby KingsCup » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 am

I applied pretty soon after hearing back from the October LSAT and am "under review"

patricksouthern

Postby patricksouthern » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 am

Just got an email from Georgia instructing me to sign up on their web site for the status checker -- even though I've been registered and checking it daily for a couple of weeks now. Saw the subject line "Georgia Law -- Applicant status online" and thought I had a decision. Been under review ever since I first registered on the site, so I'm not sure how long it's actually been. Hopefully we'll start to hear some decisions soon.

WanderingPondering

Postby WanderingPondering » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 am

patricksouthern wrote:Just got an email from Georgia instructing me to sign up on their web site for the status checker -- even though I've been registered and checking it daily for a couple of weeks now. Saw the subject line "Georgia Law -- Applicant status online" and thought I had a decision. Been under review ever since I first registered on the site, so I'm not sure how long it's actually been. Hopefully we'll start to hear some decisions soon.

Same here. Got excited then unexcited.

princessofpower

Postby princessofpower » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:41 am

WanderingPondering wrote:
patricksouthern wrote:Just got an email from Georgia instructing me to sign up on their web site for the status checker -- even though I've been registered and checking it daily for a couple of weeks now. Saw the subject line "Georgia Law -- Applicant status online" and thought I had a decision. Been under review ever since I first registered on the site, so I'm not sure how long it's actually been. Hopefully we'll start to hear some decisions soon.

+1. Let's hope for some decisions soon!

seancris

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 am

princessofpower wrote:

+1. Awkward status checker email ftw.

scruffy556

Postby scruffy556 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm

seancris wrote:
princessofpower wrote:

Got the email. Hopefully that means they are about to make some decisions and they aren't just trolling for trollings sake.

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm

UGA Admissions Office November 27, 2012

"Oh hey John. Thanks again for hosting a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!"
"It was no problem, Betty. The wife loved seeing you."
"Oh, I just love seeing her too!"
"Betty, quick question. Didn't you fire Jane a couple weeks ago?"
"Yeah, John, why?"
"Didn't we assign her the role of sending out everyone's log-in information once their applications went complete?"
"Yeah, so?"
John glares at Betty.
"Oh. Oh shit!" she says. "Just send one to everyone. Everyone, I say!"

Anything to keep me away from studying for the LSAT and refreshing my status checkers.

LittleBlueBird

Postby LittleBlueBird » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I received the same email. It's automatic, so don't think anything of it.

In other news, my acceptance lettet came yesterday!!!
We opened a bottle of champage that had been loitering in the fridge for a few months now. It was worth it :)

Now waiting to do the same in February for Emory. Both of them are going to have to fight for my love with greenbacks. Last year, at least Emory offered me SOMETHING, while UGA did not. That, and Emory treated me like a human being (again, UGA failed at this). It was nice. For some people, this doesn't matter. For me, it meant the world.

meepmeep17

Postby meepmeep17 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 pm

princessofpower wrote:

Same here!

princessofpower

Postby princessofpower » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:05 pm

LittleBlueBird wrote:

I received the same email. It's automatic, so don't think anything of it.

In other news, my acceptance lettet came yesterday!!!
We opened a bottle of champage that had been loitering in the fridge for a few months now. It was worth it :)

Now waiting to do the same in February for Emory. Both of them are going to have to fight for my love with greenbacks. Last year, at least Emory offered me SOMETHING, while UGA did not. That, and Emory treated me like a human being (again, UGA failed at this). It was nice. For some people, this doesn't matter. For me, it meant the world.

Congrats! Definitely time to celebrate!! Good luck with Emory :)

LittleBlueBird

Postby LittleBlueBird » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm

scruffy556 wrote:
seancris wrote:
princessofpower wrote:

Got the email. Hopefully that means they are about to make some decisions and they aren't just trolling for trollings sake.
[/quote]

Nope, they're trolling. And failing at life. Acceptance letters have last years dates (including the deposit deadline).

YOU CAN DO BETTER, GEORGIA.

kwwill3

Postby kwwill3 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am

Should we expect decisions today, or is it still too early? Good luck to ya'll.

princessofpower

Postby princessofpower » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 am

kwwill3 wrote:Should we expect decisions today, or is it still too early? Good luck to ya'll.

I'm really hoping for some news today. I feel like I have been in review for forever.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”