University of Georgia c/o 2016 applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2012Lsatscore

Re: University of Georgia c/o 2016 applicants (2012-13 cycle)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:do you guys think that UGA would be interested in 90k from W&L and 105k from WF for negotiating purposes?

Absolutely!

I'm going to be in Athens tomorrow with my friend for her 25th birthday (she lives in Greenville SC and I need to come to Athens to sign a lease anyways). Any recommendations for happy hour?

ETA: Also, lunch spot recommendation :)

LittleBlueBird

Postby LittleBlueBird » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote: Any recommendations for happy hour?

I loooove this place. Beer and crepes!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pauleys-origina ... bar-athens

eandy

Postby eandy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:do you guys think that UGA would be interested in 90k from W&L and 105k from WF for negotiating purposes?

Absolutely!

I'm going to be in Athens tomorrow with my friend for her 25th birthday (she lives in Greenville SC and I need to come to Athens to sign a lease anyways). Any recommendations for happy hour?

last resort for lunch, the national or the globe for happy hour

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm

great, thanks! I guess we will now be extending our trip a bit so we will be there for 3-4 meals. Out of curiosity, is there anywhere in particular that law students go to drink?

WanderingPondering

Postby WanderingPondering » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Anyone hear about $$ yet? How about anyone instate?

eandy

Postby eandy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 am

BlueJeanBaby wrote:great, thanks! I guess we will now be extending our trip a bit so we will be there for 3-4 meals. Out of curiosity, is there anywhere in particular that law students go to drink?

Magnolia's used to be the law school bar but that's less of a thing now than it used to be.Specifically, the upstairs. Usually some law students at Capital Room, too. If you want to get crazy, get the "fruit salad" there.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am

BlueJeanBaby wrote:great, thanks! I guess we will now be extending our trip a bit so we will be there for 3-4 meals. Out of curiosity, is there anywhere in particular that law students go to drink?

My friends and I typically go to Blue Sky, above the Taco Stand. Amazing whiskey list. But I certainly wouldn't call it the 'law school bar.'

Have fun!

joshuajsmith

Postby joshuajsmith » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:37 am

Checking in here. Applied 12 days ago, still no received or complete email from UGA. This normal?

Elle_Stands_For

Postby Elle_Stands_For » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:26 pm

joshuajsmith wrote:Checking in here. Applied 12 days ago, still no received or complete email from UGA. This normal?

I never got an official "application received" email from UGA either. About a week after I submitted my app they emailed me with a link to their status checker.

joshuajsmith

Postby joshuajsmith » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Elle_Stands_For wrote:
joshuajsmith wrote:Checking in here. Applied 12 days ago, still no received or complete email from UGA. This normal?

I never got an official "application received" email from UGA either. About a week after I submitted my app they emailed me with a link to their status checker.

Yeah, I haven't gotten that either.

JCGibson10

Postby JCGibson10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I submitted my app on December 22nd and didn't receive an e-mail until January 10th, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just set up an account at http://law.uga.edu/ and you should see if it has been processed yet. My application was processed on the 8th (according to the status checker on the website), but I didn't get an e-mail until the 10th.

There hasn't been any movement at all lately (at least according to this site and LawSchoolNumbers). They may just be sitting on applications until closer to the deadline in order to get a better idea of who is going to apply and who they can accept to keep their LSAT/GPA stats up. Who knows? All we can do is wait, I suppose.

tco1084

Postby tco1084 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

I just got admitted via status checker! They had been reviewing my application for about a week and a half...

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 pm

In via status checker! Does anybody know how you are notified of scholarships?

fragrock

Postby fragrock » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

teiswei wrote:In via status checker! Does anybody know how you are notified of scholarships?

Congrats! Based on the thread, I think scholarship money won't come until mid-February.

In other news, Georgia, why don't you love me!?

JCGibson10

Postby JCGibson10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

teiswei wrote:In via status checker! Does anybody know how you are notified of scholarships?

Congrats! Yeah, based on what others have said, you can expect an e-mail sometime in the first 2 weeks of February.

hobie2515

Postby hobie2515 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 am

In via Status Checker. Woop. Do they send scholarship info via email or snail mail?

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:21 am

hobie2515 wrote:In via Status Checker. Woop. Do they send scholarship info via email or snail mail?

see the post one above yours.

hobie2515

Postby hobie2515 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:00 am

teiswei wrote:
hobie2515 wrote:In via Status Checker. Woop. Do they send scholarship info via email or snail mail?

My bad, should have seen that.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

hobie2515 wrote:
teiswei wrote:

My bad, should have seen that.

:D

jym_dawg

Postby jym_dawg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:05 am

Congrats to all the new admits!

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Congrats new admits! Trip to Athens was awesome-- thank you for all the advice! I love everything about the city: the AWESOME food, the charm, downtown. Successfully signed a lease for August. When/if you guys decide on UGA, feel free to message me about housing. I looked into tons of areas and complexes.

Random tip: Never, ever drink and drive in Athens (you would think this would be common sense, but apparently it is not). In my two day trip, I saw probably ten DUIs. The cab I was getting into was even rear-ended as I was holding the door handle!

LittleBlueBird

Postby LittleBlueBird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:09 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:Congrats new admits! Trip to Athens was awesome-- thank you for all the advice! I love everything about the city: the AWESOME food, the charm, downtown. Successfully signed a lease for August. When/if you guys decide on UGA, feel free to message me about housing. I looked into tons of areas and complexes.

Random tip: Never, ever drink and drive in Athens (you would think this would be common sense, but apparently it is not). In my two day trip, I saw probably ten DUIs. The cab I was getting into was even rear-ended as I was holding the door handle!

What happened with the cab is utterly absurd... I would havr raised all kinds of hell with the driver who hit him (but I'm hot tempered in situations like that).

There was literally only one thing that bothered me about the lawschool itself when I visited it last year:
The fact that you are surrounded by undergrads. The law school itself is next to the undergrad library. There is no segregation. This may seem fine, but I went to Miami where the law school is sort of removed from the rest of the undergrad classes, but right next to the undergrad library and it was hell. The undergrads were ALWAYS in the courtyard because they knew there was likely to be free food occassionally, and there was theft from the fridges. It was anything but peaceful and serene.
I am in no way a snob, but I kind of want a quiet place and would prefer to be among other law students who are experiencing my same level of stress. Yes, law students drink (and arguably lawyers drink more than many other professionals), but law students tend to do less partying and more studying (at least the ones who take their success seriously).

Anyway... Sorry for the rant... Where did you end up leasing?

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:19 pm

LittleBlueBird wrote:
BlueJeanBaby wrote:Congrats new admits! Trip to Athens was awesome-- thank you for all the advice! I love everything about the city: the AWESOME food, the charm, downtown. Successfully signed a lease for August. When/if you guys decide on UGA, feel free to message me about housing. I looked into tons of areas and complexes.

What happened with the cab is utterly absurd... I would havr raised all kinds of hell with the driver who hit him (but I'm hot tempered in situations like that).

There was literally only one thing that bothered me about the lawschool itself when I visited it last year:
The fact that you are surrounded by undergrads. The law school itself is next to the undergrad library. There is no segregation. This may seem fine, but I went to Miami where the law school is sort of removed from the rest of the undergrad classes, but right next to the undergrad library and it was hell. The undergrads were ALWAYS in the courtyard because they knew there was likely to be free food occassionally, and there was theft from the fridges. It was anything but peaceful and serene.
I am in no way a snob, but I kind of want a quiet place and would prefer to be among other law students who are experiencing my same level of stress. Yes, law students drink (and arguably lawyers drink more than many other professionals), but law students tend to do less partying and more studying (at least the ones who take their success seriously).

I think I was just so happy that half my body wasn't inside the cab when it happened that I let it go! Not to mention there was instantly a cop behind him and you could tell the guy was probably going to get punished enough for it.

I'm messaging you where I signed a lease!

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
LittleBlueBird wrote:

I think I was just so happy that half my body wasn't inside the cab when it happened that I let it go! Not to mention there was instantly a cop behind him and you could tell the guy was probably going to get punished enough for it.

I'm messaging you where I signed a lease!

Dont worry about undergrads invading the law school, doesn't really happen at UGA.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”