Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby 1693 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 pm

honolulu_hopeful wrote:seriously!, nothing has change at all on my, and my stuff completed in early Oct. I really hope its because I applied for the P/T

I hope you get an answer soon. last year I found out in like March from them so hopefully this is a good sign.

njhancock

Postby njhancock » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:26 pm

honolulu_hopeful wrote:seriously!, nothing has change at all on my, and my stuff completed in early Oct. I really hope its because I applied for the P/T

Same. My date changed once in early December but than changed back to the original file complete date. Applied P/T

BlazersTime

Postby BlazersTime » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:36 am

mip1011 wrote:
1693 wrote:Just saw on my status checker that a decision was rendered today... hope it is not another waitlist/rejection. Would love to attend L&C!

I got the same thing around 4:30 PST. Haven't heard anything by email, and the nerves are going to kill me if I have to wait for a decision in the mail.

Mine said decision rendered last Friday and I got the email on Monday. Still waiting for the physical packet though

nolabreeze

Postby nolabreeze » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:59 pm

decision rendered last night and i can login to the admitted students site...dahh nothing official yet *Fingers crossed.

mip1011

Postby mip1011 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:12 pm

nolabreeze wrote:decision rendered last night and i can login to the admitted students site...dahh nothing official yet *Fingers crossed.

Decision rendered last night as well, and I can login today. I wasn't able to early yesterday, though. I don't like reading too deeply into these things, though.

Postby 1693 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:29 pm

mip1011 wrote:
nolabreeze wrote:decision rendered last night and i can login to the admitted students site...dahh nothing official yet *Fingers crossed.

Decision rendered last night as well, and I can login today. I wasn't able to early yesterday, though. I don't like reading too deeply into these things, though.

Well- if it is any consolation I was decision rendered last night too but I can't log in today. You definitely were accepted.

Edit: just tried my alternate email address that I used when I applied last year and it worked. Disregard what I said haha.

fragrock

Postby fragrock » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Could those of you with decisions give your complete dates? Also, did you have date updates before your decision rendered change? Thanks!

honolulu_hopeful

Postby honolulu_hopeful » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 pm

-Frag

Are you P/T?

Postby 1693 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:00 pm

fragrock wrote:Could those of you with decisions give your complete dates? Also, did you have date updates before your decision rendered change? Thanks!

I was complete around 11/9 or so. Didn't update until decision rendered (not 100% sure of decision, though).

fragrock

Postby fragrock » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 pm

I am full time, complete on 11/29 and my status updated once on 12/10. My guess is they haven't started reviewing P/T apps yet.

honolulu_hopeful

Postby honolulu_hopeful » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 pm

fragrock wrote:I am full time, complete on 11/29 and my status updated once on 12/10. My guess is they haven't started reviewing P/T apps yet.

Hope you are right, went complete in early Oct

BlazersTime

Postby BlazersTime » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 am

Got my admissions packet today along with some scholarship money. I'm really excited! Good luck to everyone else!

patienunderstanding

Postby patienunderstanding » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:00 am

BlazersTime wrote:Got my admissions packet today along with some scholarship money. I'm really excited! Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats! I got "we are starting reviewing apps" packet >__<

Postby 1693 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:29 pm

BlazersTime wrote:Got my admissions packet today along with some scholarship money. I'm really excited! Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats! What are the stips like on the scholarship money you got?

Also, still waiting for what my decision exactly is lol.

BlazersTime

Postby BlazersTime » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

1693 wrote:

Congrats! What are the stips like on the scholarship money you got?

Also, still waiting for what my decision exactly is lol.

Minimum GPA of 2.6

steepair

Postby steepair » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 am

hey all...i'm a current 1L at L&C and now that i'm done with finals, i'm available for any questions you may have. i don't pretend to be the "voice" of the school, but merely "a" voice. best of luck to you all!

mip1011

Postby mip1011 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:05 pm

In via email. Application date 11/15, stats in profile.

honolulu_hopeful

Postby honolulu_hopeful » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 pm

mip1011 wrote:In via email. Application date 11/15, stats in profile.

Wait, you got an email today?

owlie

Postby owlie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Ditto. In via email today. :-)

Postby 1693 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:05 pm

steepair wrote:hey all...i'm a current 1L at L&C and now that i'm done with finals, i'm available for any questions you may have. i don't pretend to be the "voice" of the school, but merely "a" voice. best of luck to you all!

Well, since I was also accepted today, I guess I'll shoot you a question.

What has your experience been like thus far at L&C? Overall, do you like the school + your classmates? Is there anything we should know as potential incoming students about L&C?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

steepair

Postby steepair » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 pm

1693 wrote:
steepair wrote:hey all...i'm a current 1L at L&C and now that i'm done with finals, i'm available for any questions you may have. i don't pretend to be the "voice" of the school, but merely "a" voice. best of luck to you all!

What has your experience been like thus far at L&C? Overall, do you like the school + your classmates? Is there anything we should know as potential incoming students about L&C?

my (short) experience at L&C has been great! i'm a bit of a weird case, as it was not my first choice and only chose it because i had family moving up there, but i have not regretted my choice at all. the campus is beautiful, as it is in the middle of a state park, and the law school itself is pretty removed from the undergrad campus. the law campus itself is pretty small and self-contained. the professors i have had my first semester have all been of varying degrees from "good" to "great", but they have all been super approachable and seem to really care about the students succeeding. i've had a couple experiences with the career services office, and they have all been great, but...i haven't totally had to utilize them to find a job yet, so i don't know if that opinion will change. haha. but they seem to have a lot of connections and try really hard to get students work.

my classmates have been GREAT, no joke. even at finals time, i didn't see any of the super-competitive/cutthroat behavior that law students seem to be known for. people study together, share notes, talk about the readings, etc. a lot of people hang out off campus and whatnot and there are opportunities to do social stuff, if yr into that. personally, i am a littler older (33) than most of the other students, so i don't go out all that often, but i have found a pretty tight knit group of fellow students to study/hang out with. age-wise, it seems very diverse, with students fresh out of undergrad to older students embarking on a new career. basically, yr bound to find SOME group of people you'll really bond and end up hanging out/studying with, and they'll probably come from yr initial pod (at orientation everyone is put into different "pods" based on where you are living in the area [NW, SW, NE, SE]).

anything you should know as potential incoming students? hmm...visit the campus, for sure, either at the admitted students day or on yr own. if yr looking for a small school feel, then i think you will be very happy here. the only gripe i have about the school is that the food choices on the law campus are SUPER limited. the cafeteria cooks fresh food everyday, but in my experience it's fairly awful most of the time. however, the student center has a little kitchenette with a fridge and a couple microwaves, so i end up bring my lunch most of the time. or, most days one of the groups on campus have some sort of meeting/function at lunch and they usually serve food (mostly pizza), so you could eat for free on many days.

mip1011

Postby mip1011 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 pm

honolulu_hopeful wrote:

Wait, you got an email today?

Yessir, with a pretty picture of a mountain in it.

Postby 1693 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:54 pm

steepair wrote:
1693 wrote:

my (short) experience at L&C has been great! i'm a bit of a weird case, as it was not my first choice and only chose it because i had family moving up there, but i have not regretted my choice at all. the campus is beautiful, as it is in the middle of a state park, and the law school itself is pretty removed from the undergrad campus. the law campus itself is pretty small and self-contained. the professors i have had my first semester have all been of varying degrees from "good" to "great", but they have all been super approachable and seem to really care about the students succeeding. i've had a couple experiences with the career services office, and they have all been great, but...i haven't totally had to utilize them to find a job yet, so i don't know if that opinion will change. haha. but they seem to have a lot of connections and try really hard to get students work.

my classmates have been GREAT, no joke. even at finals time, i didn't see any of the super-competitive/cutthroat behavior that law students seem to be known for. people study together, share notes, talk about the readings, etc. a lot of people hang out off campus and whatnot and there are opportunities to do social stuff, if yr into that. personally, i am a littler older (33) than most of the other students, so i don't go out all that often, but i have found a pretty tight knit group of fellow students to study/hang out with. age-wise, it seems very diverse, with students fresh out of undergrad to older students embarking on a new career. basically, yr bound to find SOME group of people you'll really bond and end up hanging out/studying with, and they'll probably come from yr initial pod (at orientation everyone is put into different "pods" based on where you are living in the area [NW, SW, NE, SE]).

anything you should know as potential incoming students? hmm...visit the campus, for sure, either at the admitted students day or on yr own. if yr looking for a small school feel, then i think you will be very happy here. the only gripe i have about the school is that the food choices on the law campus are SUPER limited. the cafeteria cooks fresh food everyday, but in my experience it's fairly awful most of the time. however, the student center has a little kitchenette with a fridge and a couple microwaves, so i end up bring my lunch most of the time. or, most days one of the groups on campus have some sort of meeting/function at lunch and they usually serve food (mostly pizza), so you could eat for free on many days.

Thanks! It is nice to hear the perspective of a newer student. Do you have any recommendations as to which neighborhoods/areas to live in by chance?

sancho

Postby sancho » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:47 pm

This thread is much quieter than its equivalent last year. It had 74 posts by the first of December. There is a lot of good info in there for those of you who have not yet seen it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=167485

steepair

Postby steepair » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:49 pm

1693 wrote:
steepair wrote:
1693 wrote:

Thanks! It is nice to hear the perspective of a newer student. Do you have any recommendations as to which neighborhoods/areas to live in by chance?

well, in case you didn't already know, portland is divided up by quadrants, NW, SW, NE, SE. any time someone refers to "east", it's the east side of the willamette river. the school is located in literally southern-most part of SW. there are TONS of options for areas to live in. there are very little to no options within walking distance to campus, unless you are able to afford/want to rent an entire house. if you drive, expect at least a 15-20min drive to campus, no matter where you live (longer if yr in NE, usually).

obviously, due to it's proximity, SW is the best to live in if you want to be close to campus. multnomah village is a great little neighborhood to live in, but really, there are TONS of apartment options anywhere in SW. SW is also where the closest "burbs" are. beaverton and tigard seem to be the most popular and it is pretty easy (except for the traffic) to get to downtown portland. i technically live in one (beaverton), but i am literally one stoplight from portland proper and it takes me no more than 15-20mins to get to school. the "nightlife" extremely limited, but i don't mind because it makes studying easier. i love where i live.

NW is where downtown is located and there are some, albeit, more expensive options there. there are shops and restaurants, but again, they are probably more expensive than other areas of the city. it's also great cos the school runs a shuttle to and from downtown daily, and it runs multiple times a day.

NE is kind of a mixed bag. it is the area furthest from campus (i.e., substantially longer commute) and there are some sketchy areas, but rents tend to be cheaper there (most of the time) and there are some pockets of pretty cool areas. alberta street has a hipster vibe and has some pretty cool shops and restaurants.

SE, aside from where i live, is my favorite part of the city. my two favorite places over there are sellwood and the division street areas. both have super cool shops and great restaurants. if i could live in any other part of the city, i would live there. the only downer about that area is you'll probably get stuck coming and going to school over the sellwood bridge, which is the most dilapidated bridge ever and there tends to be a fair amount of traffic in the mornings and in the evenings due to the fact that it is only two lanes.

bottom line, if i had to give you advice, i would say, figure out how far you mind living from campus and try to pick some place based on that, especially for yr first year.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”