Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MeowMix11
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby MeowMix11 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

lindseynicole wrote:They just changed my status to decision rendered. No email. I'm so nervous. Seems standard that they only send emails on Friday though, right?


Yea, you shouldn't get an email until tomorrow. My status changed on a Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember) and I was accepted via email the following Friday. Good luck!!

lindseynicole
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:15 am

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby lindseynicole » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Ahhh. I was accepted. Still super excited. I didn't think my stats would be high enough (LSAT 152, GPA 3.4).

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby Rory19 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Just withdrew--I hope this frees up scholarship dollars! Best of luck!!

User avatar
BlazersTime
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby BlazersTime » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:11 am

The volume of posts on the thread this year compared to last year seems indicative of L&C's precipitous drop in the rankings. Certainly not a promising sign.

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby bobbypin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

BlazersTime wrote:The volume of posts on the thread this year compared to last year seems indicative of L&C's precipitous drop in the rankings. Certainly not a promising sign.



I think that L&C is overpriced at just under $40,000 for one year of tuition.

And I think they are stingy with aid dollars.


Especially since the estimated median household income for Portland in 2009 was $50,203.
And the estimated per capita income in 2009: $29,137.

sancho
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby sancho » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:30 am

Large scholarships on LSN are down considerably from last year. A stingy school is apparently becoming stingier.

elcee1987
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby elcee1987 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Anyone have any luck yet in negotiating scholarships?

owlie
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby owlie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 pm

elcee1987 wrote:Anyone have any luck yet in negotiating scholarships?


I went from 13k/yr to 17k/yr, for what that's worth.

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby bobbypin » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:58 am

elcee1987 wrote:Anyone have any luck yet in negotiating scholarships?


Nope. Was at $0. Still at $0.

They are buying numbers.

phlmar
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby phlmar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 pm

0->66k

owlie
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby owlie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 pm

phlmar wrote:0->66k


How the hell did you do that?

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby bobbypin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 am

owlie wrote:
phlmar wrote:0->66k


How the hell did you do that?


The poster has above a 3.5 gpa and about a 161 LSAT.
L&C is buying numbers.

sancho
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby sancho » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:12 am

bobbypin wrote:The poster has above a 3.5 gpa and about a 161 LSAT.
L&C is buying numbers.


Seems like a very large scholarship for that combination. Are you sure those numbers are accurate?

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby bobbypin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:17 am

sancho wrote:
bobbypin wrote:The poster has above a 3.5 gpa and about a 161 LSAT.
L&C is buying numbers.


Seems like a very large scholarship for that combination. Are you sure those numbers are accurate?


Because the poster has not expressly written his/her numbers, no. I am not sure. But in looking at his/her previous posts, this is an educated guess.
Perhaps the poster is also a URM. If that's the case, the scholarship amount seems accurate.

But who knows. Maybe the poster is completely full of shit.

User avatar
Hjones33
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby Hjones33 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 pm

bobbypin wrote:
owlie wrote:
phlmar wrote:0->66k


How the hell did you do that?


The poster has above a 3.5 gpa and about a 161 LSAT.
L&C is buying numbers.



Are you mad that L&C is "buying numbers"? You know every school gives money to applicants with higher numbers?

phlmar
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby phlmar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 pm

bobbypin wrote:
sancho wrote:
bobbypin wrote:The poster has above a 3.5 gpa and about a 161 LSAT.
L&C is buying numbers.


Seems like a very large scholarship for that combination. Are you sure those numbers are accurate?


Because the poster has not expressly written his/her numbers, no. I am not sure. But in looking at his/her previous posts, this is an educated guess.
Perhaps the poster is also a URM. If that's the case, the scholarship amount seems accurate.

But who knows. Maybe the poster is completely full of shit.


I forgot my numbers weren't in my profile. 3.6/161 female non-urm. I was one of the people who got the out of money letter. After visiting I submitted a Why X & got 22k/yr.

sancho
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby sancho » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 pm

phlmar wrote:
I forgot my numbers weren't in my profile. 3.6/161 female non-urm. I was one of the people who got the out of money letter. After visiting I submitted a Why X & got 22k/yr.


Congratulations. That must have been one heck of an essay.

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby bobbypin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Hjones33 wrote:
bobbypin wrote:
owlie wrote:
phlmar wrote:0->66k


How the hell did you do that?


The poster has above a 3.5 gpa and about a 161 LSAT.
L&C is buying numbers.



Are you mad that L&C is "buying numbers"? You know every school gives money to applicants with higher numbers?


Nope. Not mad. Just stating a fact. No worries.
Last edited by bobbypin on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby bobbypin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

sancho wrote:
phlmar wrote:
I forgot my numbers weren't in my profile. 3.6/161 female non-urm. I was one of the people who got the out of money letter. After visiting I submitted a Why X & got 22k/yr.


Congratulations. That must have been one heck of an essay.


Congrats! Great numbers for L&C and probably a great essay too! I'd love to read it if you wouldn't mind sharing. :)

phlmar
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby phlmar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:12 pm

bobbypin wrote:
sancho wrote:
phlmar wrote:
I forgot my numbers weren't in my profile. 3.6/161 female non-urm. I was one of the people who got the out of money letter. After visiting I submitted a Why X & got 22k/yr.


Congratulations. That must have been one heck of an essay.


Congrats! Great numbers for L&C and probably a great essay too! I'd love to read it if you wouldn't mind sharing. :)


PM sent & thanks all - love L&C and almost positive I will be depositing.

sancho
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby sancho » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:31 pm

phlmar wrote:PM sent & thanks all - love L&C and almost positive I will be depositing.


Yes, that kind of scholarship would be hard to turn down. Great school in a great place. I would also love to see the essay if you don't mind. I have never heard of anyone going from 0 to 22 (let alone 10+) at L&C.

nolabreeze
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby nolabreeze » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm

withdrew with $$. goodluck everyone!

User avatar
BlazersTime
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby BlazersTime » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Withdrew. Opened up some money too, good luck!

User avatar
johnsbren
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby johnsbren » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 pm

withdrew w/ $. good luck all!

sancho
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Lewis and Clark 2012-2013 applicants

Postby sancho » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

BlazersTime wrote:Withdrew. Opened up some money too, good luck!


You think BU will position you better for Portland than L&C?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: asuddenarborealstop, AustinLu, bloomsday, Blue664, bobomac2, jstans, Keilz, malysh, maybeman, SweetTort and 12 guests