Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Xs20

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Xs20 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:52 pm

...You really just told an admissions dean that you're using his school as a "pawn"?

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote: I posted that SOME use schools like pawns. I, myself, do not.

2012Lsatscore wrote:I know its a dirty business and we tend to use schools like Wake as pawns, but that's basically the only aspect we can control besides our LSAT scores.

Dolphine

Postby Dolphine » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote: I posted that SOME use schools like pawns. I, myself, do not.

2012Lsatscore wrote: I just meant that I need to be able to deposit at multiple schools over the summer, because I need to be able to negotiate.

ETA: Mindmeld xs20

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bowie.alan

Postby bowie.alan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
Xs20 wrote:

2012Lsatscore wrote:I know its a dirty business and we tend to use schools like Wake as pawns, but that's basically the only aspect we can control besides our LSAT scores.

Most applicants (we), I suspect, do. Again, I do not. I believe I have sufficiently explained myself. You can continue to witch hunt me. I have nothing to hide.

This thread has been highjacked long enough, though.

Dear Lsatscore,

In anticipation of becoming a future a lawyer/attorney I suggest you learn a little bit about character and etiquette. Openly discussing financial matters and making institutions or people that are in greater positions than you isn't the best idea. A little class and character puts you over the top. I think this bit of advice will benefit you greatly, unless you're just merely trolling of course.

brina1123

Postby brina1123 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Has anybody heard of WF offering more scholarship $$ after the 2nd seat deposit? After, they realize who is coming and who isn't?

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:35 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:You know what...fine. Despite the fact that an admissions dean basically called me out in an informal forum and two users are relentlessly harassing me, you are absolutely right. I have no class or etiquette.

I apologize to all Wake Forest applicants for my posts. I bow to the social conventions that I'm obviously in violation of and have no intention of returning to this thread. Honestly, I would delete this account at this point if I knew how.

Lol

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Xs20 wrote:
Lol

If my post is so funny to you, respect my deletion and take it out of your post.

justcallmeit

Postby justcallmeit » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Xs20 wrote:...You really just told an admissions dean that you're using his school as a "pawn"?

I literally almost just crapped myself.

I really hope they find out who this guy is and call Alabama (or wherever he ends up) and tell them what a douche he is.

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:You know what...fine. Despite the fact that an admissions dean basically called me out in an informal forum and two users are relentlessly harassing me, you are absolutely right. I have no class or etiquette.

I apologize to all Wake Forest applicants for my posts. I bow to the social conventions that I'm obviously in violation of and have no intention of returning to this thread. Honestly, I would delete this account at this point if I knew how.

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!!!!

Dolphine

Postby Dolphine » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 pm

What about this 2012 from the emory thread? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=197802&start=1300#p6710168

2012Lsatscore wrote:The standard of etiquette is that you don't talk about your interest for your back up in a forum that is currently in the middle of a waitlist lottery. It just incites people.

Just to clarify I don't advocate what justcallmeit says. You've just completely failed to realize how hypocritical you're being. You've jumped on MULTIPLE people for their actions claiming they have some evil motive or something that offends you, which is either stretching the truth or flat out lying. But then you do the exact same thing, and say that your hands are clean cause you've got a good motive.

PS. I actually am on the Wake waitlist, so you incited me.
Last edited by Dolphine on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

justcallmeit

Postby justcallmeit » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Dolphine wrote:What about this 2012 from the emory thread? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=197802&start=1300#p6710168

2012Lsatscore wrote:The standard of etiquette is that you don't talk about your interest for your back up in a forum that is currently in the middle of a waitlist lottery. It just incites people.

Just to clarify I don't advocate what justcallmeit says. You've just completely failed to realize how hypocritical you're being. You've jumped on MULTIPLE people for their actions claiming they have some evil motive or something that offends you, which is either stretching the truth or flat out lying. But then you do the exact same thing, and say that your hands are clean cause you've got a good motive.

Alabama offered him that deal because they thought, based on the information they received, that he would make a good attorney and, therefore, was worth investing in. Acting like this in a public forum is a very relevant sign that he does not have the restraint, etiquette, or common sense to succeed in the actual legal world.

So yes, I think that the school should be able to reconsider whether there are any other candidates who are a better gamble for them to take with a full-tuition+stipend offer.

Dolphine

Postby Dolphine » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Last edited by Dolphine on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justcallmeit

Postby justcallmeit » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 pm

justcallmeit wrote:
Dolphine wrote:What about this 2012 from the emory thread? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=197802&start=1300#p6710168

Alabama offered him that deal because they thought, based on the information they received, that he would make a good attorney and, therefore, was worth investing in. Acting like this in a public forum is a very relevant sign that he does not have the restraint, etiquette, or common sense to succeed in the actual legal world.

So yes, I think that the school should be able to reconsider whether there are any other candidates who are a better gamble for them to take with a full-tuition+stipend offer.

Got a private message from 2012 (who has disabled receiving private messages)...So, I guess I need to answer his question: "Should I call your law school and tell them that a future graduate can't back up their statements with accurate facts?" here.

My answer: Mega-lulz

slawww

Postby slawww » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Wow, 2012 is doing this again? -__-

After this many times, it's hard to keep giving you the benefit of the doubt.

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 am

TLSers~

Typically, if we offer admission from the waitlist we'll make the best award possible. Essentially I don't see the point in making an offer unless it would be competitive with other offers you may have already received. That being said scholarship funds are generally awarded to help us meet certain institutional goals. If you aren't advancing those particular goals, a scholarship award is unlikely.

If you have specific questions about your situation, please feel free to call me directly.

Jay Shively
Wake Forest Law
(336) 758-5705 direct
shivelrj@wfu.edu
http://www.law.wfu.edu

brina1123

Postby brina1123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 am

brina1123 wrote:Has anybody heard of WF offering more scholarship $$ after the 2nd seat deposit? After, they realize who is coming and who isn't?

So does anyone know this answer?? :) I know it was in the middle of the Wake Forest Strong argument.

aklam19

Postby aklam19 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 am

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:TLSers~

Typically, if we offer admission from the waitlist we'll make the best award possible. Essentially I don't see the point in making an offer unless it would be competitive with other offers you may have already received. That being said scholarship funds are generally awarded to help us meet certain institutional goals. If you aren't advancing those particular goals, a scholarship award is unlikely.

If you have specific questions about your situation, please feel free to call me directly.

Jay Shively
Wake Forest Law
(336) 758-5705 direct
shivelrj@wfu.edu
http://www.law.wfu.edu

Do you anticipate going to the wait list at all?

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 am

brina1123 wrote:
brina1123 wrote:Has anybody heard of WF offering more scholarship $$ after the 2nd seat deposit? After, they realize who is coming and who isn't?

So does anyone know this answer?? :) I know it was in the middle of the Wake Forest Strong argument.

I am also interested in hearing this answer.

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 am

Wake called me yesterday asking about my seat deposit to see whether or not I sent it. I did, it was in the mail but they were calling to see who was coming and to see whether or not they needed to accept people off the waitlist. I was told that the class size is expected to be on target.

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 am

TLSers~

Question 1: Are we going to our waitlist?

We aren't sure yet whether we'll make any offers from the waitlist. If we do before mid-July it will be to meet very specific goals. Deposits are coming in right on target for budget, metrics, and diversity. I'll evaluate the waitlist the week of June 24 and probably release anyone I don't think has any shot at a spot. We'll continue to look at it through the start of classes. Occasionally we are able to offer spots even as late as the first day of orientation if the class comes in strong enough to accommodate a few extra people who may not help our metrics but whom we believe have clear potential for excellence here at Wake.

Question 2: Do we offer more scholarships after second deposits?

It depends on the year. This year I do not expect to offer much in the way of additional scholarship funds. As I indicated above our class is coming in on target which means at the moment we are over-budget regarding scholarship awards (we expect some additional melt over the summer). HOWEVER, it has been a volatile year and we can't predict what other schools might do. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that we might offer additional scholarship awards. I would say the probability is not high.

If you believe your specific situation merits some attention, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to consider your situation. (That being said I'll be out for the Northeast Association of Prelaw Advisors conference until June 24. So, I appreciate your patience with my reply.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Forest Law

aklam19

Postby aklam19 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:35 pm

We aren't sure yet whether we'll make any offers from the waitlist. If we do before mid-July it will be to meet very specific goals. Deposits are coming in right on target for budget, metrics, and diversity. I'll evaluate the waitlist the week of June 24 and probably release anyone I don't think has any shot at a spot. We'll continue to look at it through the start of classes. Occasionally we are able to offer spots even as late as the first day of orientation if the class comes in strong enough to accommodate a few extra people who may not help our metrics but whom we believe have clear potential for excellence here at Wake.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Forest Law

Thanks for the reply.

shaker2016

Postby shaker2016 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:42 pm

aklam19 wrote:

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Forest Law

Thanks for the reply.

Shaker2016 = released...so much for retaking that LSAT on June 10. They didn't even wait for my new score?

aklam19

Postby aklam19 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Shaker2016 = released...so much for retaking that LSAT on June 10. They didn't even wait for my new score?[/quote]

Numbers if you don't mind?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”