Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shaynislegend

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby shaynislegend » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 pm

WaltWhite wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:Also...you said you got your acceptance packet 3 weeks after acceptacne. I was accepted in Dec. and haven't recieved anything in the mail. All I have is my acceptance e-mail. Should I e-mail them about it?

If you look on the status checker it will show mailing dates. I was just accepted last week, and looks like my acceptance packet is set to arrive on the 22nd.

On the mailings listings, is the acceptance packet labeled 'Acceptance packet'? I have a blank mailing and something about a letter from an Associate Dean...

ahh sorry I don't have anything about Acceptance Packet, I just looked and its actually "Hard copy of accept letter via post" that I was referencing.

WaltWhite

Postby WaltWhite » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 pm

shaynislegend wrote:
WaltWhite wrote:
shaynislegend wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:Also...you said you got your acceptance packet 3 weeks after acceptacne. I was accepted in Dec. and haven't recieved anything in the mail. All I have is my acceptance e-mail. Should I e-mail them about it?

If you look on the status checker it will show mailing dates. I was just accepted last week, and looks like my acceptance packet is set to arrive on the 22nd.

On the mailings listings, is the acceptance packet labeled 'Acceptance packet'? I have a blank mailing and something about a letter from an Associate Dean...

ahh sorry I don't have anything about Acceptance Packet, I just looked and its actually "Hard copy of accept letter via post" that I was referencing.

Ahh, okay. I already received my hard copy letter. So now I'm even more curious about the blank mailing and the other thing.

slawww

Postby slawww » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:54 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
slawww wrote:Dean Shively is awesome for posting on here.

Also, for anyone who applied for the Rose/Hearn, I spoke with Dean Shively yesterday, and those not chosen as finalists for the schollys will be notified today.

So no news is good news today?

When would we hear any positive information regarding the scholarships?

I PMed Dean Shively yesterday and that's what he told me. He said there was over 130 Rose applicants and about 90 for the Hearn. He said that they narrowed it down to 4-5 finalists and that the donor would be making a final decision by the middle of next week so that the recipient would have time to make a decision. And that those that didn't make the final round would be notified today.

slawww

Postby slawww » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote:
slawww wrote:Dean Shively is awesome for posting on here.

Also, for anyone who applied for the Rose/Hearn, I spoke with Dean Shively yesterday, and those not chosen as finalists for the schollys will be notified today.

I haven't heard anything yet...but now I'm going to be constantly checking my e-mail.

Also...you said you got your acceptance packet 3 weeks after acceptacne. I was accepted in Dec. and haven't recieved anything in the mail. All I have is my acceptance e-mail. Should I e-mail them about it?

Send them an e-mail, but the hard copy is nothing you'd urgently need. Also, my mailing said "hard copy of accepted letter via post."

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm

So has anyone received an email about the Hearn/Rose scholarships?

Curious as to if someone can validate the above statements, thanks!

rwilson37643

Postby rwilson37643 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I applied for both and have received nothing, so I am praying that the above statement is correct, but I doubt it.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 pm

rwilson37643 wrote:I applied for both and have received nothing, so I am praying that the above statement is correct, but I doubt it.

Agreed. There's no first-hand accounts of anyone being notified.

scruffy556

Postby scruffy556 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Got dinged today. But to Wake's credit it was the most considerate ding letter i've received this cycle. So, good times.

slawww

Postby slawww » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 pm

I also have not received any e-mail regarding the Hearn/Rose, but that's what Dean Shively told me yesterday via PM. I'd have no reason to make that up. Perhaps they were behind schedule and will be sending notices out tomorrow.

rwilson37643

Postby rwilson37643 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 pm

I wasn't questioning your integrity, your right maybe tomorrow, or maybe we are the top 4 or 5. I'm going to choose to believe the latter and think happy thoughts.

slawww

Postby slawww » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 pm

rwilson37643 wrote:I wasn't questioning your integrity, your right maybe tomorrow, or maybe we are the top 4 or 5. I'm going to choose to believe the latter and think happy thoughts.

Haha, I'm doing the same :lol:

rwilson37643

Postby rwilson37643 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 pm

I am still considering Wake and UTk. I would prefer Wake but in state for UTK is very reasonably priced. I haven't received an award letter from either but with my merit scholly either of these two would make the decision easy in favor of Wake. It kills me that deposit deadlines are approaching and the schools I'm considering have yet to give me the information necessary to make a decision.

WakeLawAdmDean

Postby WakeLawAdmDean » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:37 am

TLSers~

My guess is that the emails didn't make it out today. Look for the Rose and Hearn declines tomorrow or early next week at the latest. slaww's post regarding the volume of applications for those scholarships is accurate. I did expect the declines to go out today but I am out of the office.

The hard copy mailings you should have received thus far are a signed letter of admission and an admission packet containing student and faculty profiles an general curricular information. If you haven't received the packet contact us and we'll send one out to you. After deposits you'll receive a confirmation mailing with some more information about Winston Salem.

For the poster bemoaning a lack of a financial aid award letter please read my post from a couple of days ago. Everyone for whom we have a completed FAFSA has been emailed an award letter. Check your spam folder and then call Janet Cromer if you don't find an award letter. If you have completed the FAFSA, Ms. Cromer can generate an award letter pretty quickly.

Let me know of any questions.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Law

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 am

WakeLawAdmDean wrote: Look for the Rose and Hearn declines tomorrow or early next week at the latest.

And so it begins....just got ding'd from the Rose. The Hearn e-mails haven't come out yet... fingers crossed I won't get that e-mail too.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
WakeLawAdmDean wrote: Look for the Rose and Hearn declines tomorrow or early next week at the latest.

And so it begins....just got ding'd from the Rose. The Hearn e-mails haven't come out yet... fingers crossed I won't get that e-mail too.

Same... a ding from the Hearn would basically solidify my decision not to attend.

Either way, at least I will be able to move on in the admissions process.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 am

Just received the Hearn email, guess I won't be attending Wake. Unfortunately, 20k isn't enough for me to pass on a regional full ride - I really needed one of those supplemental awards to come through.

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:33 am

dirtrida2 wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:

Same... a ding from the Hearn would basically solidify my decision not to attend.

Someone on the FB group said they were ding'd from the Hearn. I haven't gotten an email yet and hopefully I won't but maybe they haven't send them all out yet. Did you get anything?

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:

Someone on the FB group said they were ding'd from the Hearn. I haven't gotten an email yet and hopefully I won't but maybe they haven't send them all out yet. Did you get anything?

Look just above your post :)

I am also that same person in the FB group.

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 am

dirtrida2 wrote: Look just above your post :)

I am also that same person in the FB group.

Nice to put a TLS name to an actual person. Best of luck to you in law school since you aren't going to attend Wake!

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 am

Also dinged from both :(

Probably won't be attending, either. Was really banking on on of those schollys.

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 am

slawww wrote:Also dinged from both :(

Probably won't be attending, either. Was really banking on on of those schollys.

I'm sorry to hear that. I still haven't gotten that email...if you don't mind me asking how long ago did you get that email? I'm trying not to get excited because they all might not be sent out yet.

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
slawww wrote:Also dinged from both :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I still haven't gotten that email...if you don't mind me asking how long ago did you get that email? I'm trying not to get excited because they all might not be sent out yet.

I got the Rose at 9:43, the Hearn e-mail at 10:16. Good luck!

rwilson37643

Postby rwilson37643 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:02 am

so far for me its no news is good news

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

rwilson37643 wrote:so far for me its no news is good news

The Hearn could still be coming out...but if you didn't get a Rose email I would consider that very good news!

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:05 am

Just an FYI to you all, Wake usually doesn't send out the scholarship rejections until the people they plan to give them to have officially accepted them. If they're sending out dings, that means they've already picked the recipients, and those people have accepted. That's how it's worked the past couple of years, and I doubt it's any different this year. For those of you who don't get them, I would still strongly encourage you to consider Wake.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”