Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby chem! » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
chem! wrote:In via email with $20k a year. It's been a good Friday.



Grays to my fellow Dec Waiter.

:)

User avatar
dirtrida2
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm

chem! wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
chem! wrote:In via email with $20k a year. It's been a good Friday.



Grays to my fellow Dec Waiter.

:)



Oops Grats* not Grays, but that is a pretty ironic spelling error, lol.

Does this acceptance sit pretty high on your list?

mmlennon
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby mmlennon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:29 pm

how was ASD? I'll be going to the March 1st one and can't wait!

User avatar
Pierrot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Pierrot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm

In with 35K! I submitted 2/5, so I'm pleased with the turn around! No interview or video.

User avatar
chem!
Posts: 9380
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby chem! » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Pierrot wrote:In with 35K! I submitted 2/5, so I'm pleased with the turn around! No interview or video.

Congrats!

User avatar
syd625
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby syd625 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Congratulations to all the new admits!

lawling2016
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby lawling2016 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi everyone. Got accepted via e-mail today with 12k/yr.

160 and below median gpa (want to retain some anonymity), non-urm.

I guess Wake is feeling generous, even for below median applicants.

smitza1
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby smitza1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:46 pm

ASD was pretty sweet today. The coolest part about the day was going to the class. As stressful as law school sounds, I was very surprised to find a very relaxed atmosphere where it seemed like everyone supported one another. Seemed like a pretty chill environment (as far as law schools go). Def. made me more excited to attend Wake Law!

-Also, the food was dank. Probably going to go to the other acceptance days just for the cheesecake.

pifhib2
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby pifhib2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:03 pm

smitza1 wrote:ASD was pretty sweet today. The coolest part about the day was going to the class. As stressful as law school sounds, I was very surprised to find a very relaxed atmosphere where it seemed like everyone supported one another. Seemed like a pretty chill environment (as far as law schools go). Def. made me more excited to attend Wake Law!

-Also, the food was dank. Probably going to go to the other acceptance days just for the cheesecake.


For anyone planning on attending WFU, I would recommend that you stop eating Papa John's immediately. You'll end up eating it twice a week or more your 1L year.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:07 pm

smitza1 wrote:ASD was pretty sweet today. The coolest part about the day was going to the class. As stressful as law school sounds, I was very surprised to find a very relaxed atmosphere where it seemed like everyone supported one another. Seemed like a pretty chill environment (as far as law schools go). Def. made me more excited to attend Wake Law!

-Also, the food was dank. Probably going to go to the other acceptance days just for the cheesecake.


Hey! I'm attending the ASD on March 1st and I was wondering if anyone brought their parents with them? Thanks!

Edit: I don't think my parents are coming with me, but I'm curious either way.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:41 pm

slawww wrote:
smitza1 wrote:ASD was pretty sweet today. The coolest part about the day was going to the class. As stressful as law school sounds, I was very surprised to find a very relaxed atmosphere where it seemed like everyone supported one another. Seemed like a pretty chill environment (as far as law schools go). Def. made me more excited to attend Wake Law!

-Also, the food was dank. Probably going to go to the other acceptance days just for the cheesecake.


Hey! I'm attending the ASD on March 1st and I was wondering if anyone brought their parents with them? Thanks!

Edit: I don't think my parents are coming with me, but I'm curious either way.

The general advice is don't bring them, but there's no harm if you do(although some say its a career damaging move if you do). Some schools will have quite a few parents at it and some will only have a couple for whatever reason.

My advice is dont bring them, and Don't ask this question in the WUSTL thread.

User avatar
dirtrida2
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Just requested to join the FB group, WF is definitely a strong consideration for me.

Looking forward to the ASD.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:53 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
slawww wrote:
smitza1 wrote:ASD was pretty sweet today. The coolest part about the day was going to the class. As stressful as law school sounds, I was very surprised to find a very relaxed atmosphere where it seemed like everyone supported one another. Seemed like a pretty chill environment (as far as law schools go). Def. made me more excited to attend Wake Law!

-Also, the food was dank. Probably going to go to the other acceptance days just for the cheesecake.


Hey! I'm attending the ASD on March 1st and I was wondering if anyone brought their parents with them? Thanks!

Edit: I don't think my parents are coming with me, but I'm curious either way.

The general advice is don't bring them, but there's no harm if you do(although some say its a career damaging move if you do). Some schools will have quite a few parents at it and some will only have a couple for whatever reason.

My advice is dont bring them, and Don't ask this question in the WUSTL thread.


Hahaha, true. I thought it'd be cool to bring my parents along since they never went to college, but I'm gonna go by myself since its more professional, I suppose.

ash0117
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby ash0117 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 pm

I hope some of you had the pleasure to be in my property class this morning... Rule against perpetuities WILL scare you from law school, LOL. Sorry bout that, but at least my prof is pretty awesome.

As far as parents going, last year they had a separate program for parents. My parents didn't go, but I'd say about 50% of all attendees' parents did go.

... Thanks for taking up all the parking and forcing me to park in 15 minute parking (and getting a ticket). I appreciate it.

Just kidding. Kind of.

And +1 on NEVER eating Papa Johns. I will never eat Papa Johns again after I graduate. I think I eat it about once a week, at least. Disgusting. But it's free, so we don't complain. During orientation, they impressed us all with Panera and nice food. Then we started classes and it was pizza. Always pizza.

gameface
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby gameface » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:30 pm

In today via email :lol:

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 pm

gameface wrote:In today via email :lol:


yayy congrats! join the fb group lol.

User avatar
dirtrida2
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
gameface wrote:In today via email :lol:


yayy congrats! join the fb group lol.



+1 it's a little lonely in here!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/28964901 ... rk_t=group

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:35 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ghost Bear
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Ghost Bear » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:29 am

slawww wrote: I'm gonna go by myself since its more professional, I suppose.



Wait!?! What is this crap about being professional? Its not interview time again, is it? =P



2012Lsatscore wrote:
Shoot! On my budget, Papa John's is splurging. :) Usually, Fox Deluxe and Red Barron are more my speed. I will say though, the five dollar pizzas at Little Caesar's are cheap enough for once a week.



I'll do you one better. My old roomate works for Chipotle, and now I have all the recipes. Crock pot and my rice cooker. You bring the dead animal, I'll make Chiptole. 1Ls only lol
Last edited by Ghost Bear on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby mosquito » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:08 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:IMO, I think the flack about parents crashing ASDs is alittle overboard. I am driving 8+ miles and taking days off from work just to get up there. (Days that I would have been earning tuition money.) My dad, a substantial contributor to my loan payments, wants to see what his thousands of dollars are paying for so he's coming. I think he has a right too. I'm not taking off more time for a private tour just so the cool kids won't think I'm lame. I think if you act cool about having your folks there, then everyone else will be cool with it too. 8)

Parents who are contributing money have a right to be there. Some folks need to chill.

Just my 2 cents... :)

+1

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeltPreLaw
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby DeltPreLaw » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:47 am

Is the status checker not working for anyone else this morning?

Also, whats the protocol on emailing Dean Shively directly? A lot of my previous emails didn't have the responses I was looking for.

zackw618
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby zackw618 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:IMO, I think the flack about parents crashing ASDs is alittle overboard. I am driving 8+ miles and taking days off from work just to get up there. (Days that I would have been earning tuition money.) My dad, a substantial contributor to my loan payments, wants to see what his thousands of dollars are paying for so he's coming. I think he has a right too. I'm not taking off more time for a private tour just so the cool kids won't think I'm lame. I think if you act cool about having your folks there, then everyone else will be cool with it too. 8)

Parents who are contributing money have a right to be there. Some folks need to chill.

Just my 2 cents... :)



A pretty significant amount of the students at ASD brought parents yesterday. I don't think there was any judging. I will say it seemed like those with parents there socialized less, but those of us alone felt awkward, so it evens out.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Ghost Bear wrote:
slawww wrote: I'm gonna go by myself since its more professional, I suppose.



Wait!?! What is this crap about being professional? Its not interview time again, is it? =P



Hahaha, I don't know, man!

zackw618 wrote:
A pretty significant amount of the students at ASD brought parents yesterday. I don't think there was any judging. I will say it seemed like those with parents there socialized less, but those of us alone felt awkward, so it evens out.


What do you consider a significant amount?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, Baidu [Spider], blahblah123, bleakchimera2, Exabot [Bot], jer0689, mccracal, mmorrell94, nynina, taxman14, thg1870 and 32 guests