Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

slawww wrote:Sorry to hear about the WLs, guys. Hope you guys hear back soon! What didn't you guys like about the interview? I thought it was great because I felt like I got a chance to show I'm better than my numbers might imply.

Well the first time I interviewed I did pretty good, but it failed to upload, so I had to rerecord it. The second time when I saw the first 2 questions were the same I kinda relaxed and then it caught me off guard when the third question wasn't about my gpa (super splitter), but was some question about my personality. It's my fault for not being on my toes but I really kinda fumbled threw that and didn't really give an answer that made sense. By the time I regrouped the interview was over. I guess my main complaint is that it was too short in that I got the chance to address issues in my application during the first one, but not the second one. Oh well, I was probably heading to the waitlist either way.

leilz

Postby leilz » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
slawww wrote:Sorry to hear about the WLs, guys. Hope you guys hear back soon! What didn't you guys like about the interview? I thought it was great because I felt like I got a chance to show I'm better than my numbers might imply.

Well the first time I interviewed I did pretty good, but it failed to upload, so I had to rerecord it. The second time when I saw the first 2 questions were the same I kinda relaxed and then it caught me off guard when the third question wasn't about my gpa (super splitter), but was some question about my personality. It's my fault for not being on my toes but I really kinda fumbled threw that and didn't really give an answer that made sense. By the time I regrouped the interview was over. I guess my main complaint is that it was too short in that I got the chance to address issues in my application during the first one, but not the second one. Oh well, I was probably heading to the waitlist either way.

This is exactly what happened to me for the interview as well. Except the problem for me was that it didn't record sound for me the first time. My first interview questions were great and then the second time they were not only different, but kind of silly and not even things I had considered that I would have to answer.

aklam19

Postby aklam19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

I liked the interview. I thought I killed it. Idk. I guess I convinced myself that meant I was gonna get in. Just really disappointed with myself. Wake is where I wanna go. I don't want to wait another 2+ months.

For those who are W/L, what's the course of action you are taking RE: sending more information, contacting the school, etc.

Congrats to those who got in also. Great place.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm

For those waitlisted, numbers?

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm

leilz wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:

This is exactly what happened to me for the interview as well. Except the problem for me was that it didn't record sound for me the first time. My first interview questions were great and then the second time they were not only different, but kind of silly and not even things I had considered that I would have to answer.

Damn, sorry, that's brutal. I wasn't a big fan of the time constraints, either; but I'm also kinda glad it was quick. Hope you guys get in of the WL soon!

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
slawww wrote:For any current/Wake grads.... What's the gym situation like on campus?

There's a decent gym not too far from the law school (just on the other side of the field hockey field/tennis courts. It's not huge, but it has treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, bikes, weight machines, and free weights. I go twice a week. You just need a student ID.

Sweet, thanks!

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Accepted today via email with 20k scholarship (good standing stipulations).

No request for an interview, straight from under review to email acceptance for those wondering.

Postby 2013 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Woo! In

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Please include your numbers yo!

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm

in via email! woo

andres

Postby andres » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:40 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:in via email! woo

+1

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:41 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:in via email! woo

Congrats yo (altho I'm mad you changed your avatar)

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Please include your numbers yo!

PM sent yo!

I plan on updating my LSN soon anyhow.

smitza1

Postby smitza1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

yo,

if you guys are going to wake, here is the facebook page. hopefully we can get a pretty solid facebook group going so that we can maybe get some living situations going. apartments are kinda pricey down here and they fill up quick, so the earlier we get rolling the better!!!

Congrats to all of the new accepted students and best of luck to those waiting it out on the WL.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2896490 ... 5/?fref=ts

syd625

Postby syd625 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
syd625 wrote:Anybody know how parking is on campus if you buy a pass? Is it insanely difficult to find a spot if you don't show up early for class?

I can't really speak to how it is this year since I don't drive this year, but the last two years it was somewhat difficult the later you showed up. But I don't hear people complaining about it this year like I did last year, so it might not be as bad.

Thanks for the information!

aklam19

Postby aklam19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:58 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:For those waitlisted, numbers?

158/3.3
double major
hispanic
killed the interview.

:/

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm

smitza1 wrote:yo,

if you guys are going to wake, here is the facebook page. hopefully we can get a pretty solid facebook group going so that we can maybe get some living situations going. apartments are kinda pricey down here and they fill up quick, so the earlier we get rolling the better!!!

Congrats to all of the new accepted students and best of luck to those waiting it out on the WL.

Wake is definitely lagging in the FB group department. Hopefully that page starts to fill up soon!

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm

slawww wrote:
smitza1 wrote:yo,

Wake is definitely lagging in the FB group department. Hopefully that page starts to fill up soon!

Well lets get it going

Update it with some fancy pictures, that always helps :lol:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

slawww wrote:Wake is definitely lagging in the FB group department. Hopefully that page starts to fill up soon!

I think that's the case at many law schools this year. From what I've seen very few groups have had very much student activity in it.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
slawww wrote:Wake is definitely lagging in the FB group department. Hopefully that page starts to fill up soon!

I think that's the case at many law schools this year. From what I've seen very few groups have had very much student activity in it.

Definitely has to do with the cycle... combination of schools and applicants both holding out to the last minute while fighting over the scholly money.

Ghost Bear

Postby Ghost Bear » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:41 pm

1693 wrote:

Hey- thanks!! I am actually in Ft Lauderdale, so I guess I underestimated the trip haha. Although the way people drive down here maybe I am right to shave off about 3 hours. If I am fortunate enough to get a scholarship, I will see if there is room in that carpool! I may even leave the axe at home and chip in for gas too, haha. Are you leaning towards Wake or staying in Florida?

Keep me posted, we can work something out.

smitza1 wrote:Think I am going to be a Demon Deacon for 3 more years. Just accepted into Wake Law with a pretty sweet scholarship! As a current Wake undergrad student, I can assure you that Wake is an amazing school with soooo many opportunities. If you guys have any questions about Winston or anything, let me know!!!

Where are the non-duchey pubs?

Poo-T wrote:Thanks. The city sounds charming. I hear the bar scene is pretty good. I'm not much of a party-goer, but I do enjoy a drink now and then.

Too bad you aren't going to the ASD March 1st. I need anotehr Barley/Hopps snob around lol

On a different note, I think I am going to buy a place near campus. I'd prefer to have 1L, my section or not, and Hopefully some of you will be at the ASD March 1st. Anyone curious, lets chat.
Last edited by Ghost Bear on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smitza1

Postby smitza1 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm

They are all pretty douchey man haha but I like to go to a local brewery around here called Foothills. It's a pretty chill place. A lot of people like to go to Finnegan's, but you run into a lot of undergrads there. Same with foothills. Im sure the law school students have their own preferences and can probably answer this a bit better than I can.

chem!

Postby chem! » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm

In via email with $20k a year. It's been a good Friday.

Ghost Bear

Postby Ghost Bear » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:04 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OcMbA6IGMRo/R ... 776302.png

Hmmm, LOL

smitza1 wrote:They are all pretty douchey man haha but I like to go to a local brewery around here called Foothills. It's a pretty chill place. A lot of people like to go to Finnegan's, but you run into a lot of undergrads there. Same with foothills. Im sure the law school students have their own preferences and can probably answer this a bit better than I can.

lol, it happens. I have heard good things about both places. Not too worried about undergrads. Only the occasional frat-hole is a concern, but once they have had their diaper changed, its nothing.

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm

chem! wrote:In via email with $20k a year. It's been a good Friday.

Grats to my fellow Dec Waiter.
Last edited by dirtrida2 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”