Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm

sdmelzer wrote:

They slash the first deposit ($500) by either $300 or $200 (I forgot and am not able to look it up atm).


Sweet, so I just e-mail and ask them I'm assuming?

User avatar
sdmelzer
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby sdmelzer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm

slawww wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:

They slash the first deposit ($500) by either $300 or $200 (I forgot and am not able to look it up atm).


Sweet, so I just e-mail and ask them I'm assuming?


Just looked it up and they drop it from $500 to $200.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 am

sdmelzer wrote:
slawww wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:

They slash the first deposit ($500) by either $300 or $200 (I forgot and am not able to look it up atm).


Sweet, so I just e-mail and ask them I'm assuming?


Just looked it up and they drop it from $500 to $200.


Sweet, thanks!

On another note, is anyone going to the Feb 15th ASD? If you are could you let me know if anyone brings parents with them? What's the general consensus on bringing parents? My parents are definitely coming with me since they will be paying a large majority of my tuition, but I'm not sure if I'm going to have them come with me to the actual event. Thanks!

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:42 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:
slawww wrote:
Sweet, thanks!

On another note, is anyone going to the Feb 15th ASD? If you are could you let me know if anyone brings parents with them? What's the general consensus on bringing parents? My parents are definitely coming with me since they will be paying a large majority of my tuition, but I'm not sure if I'm going to have them come with me to the actual event. Thanks!


My father is coming. Since he is contributing a substantial amount, I have no problem with it. If I had my choice though, I would rather be alone.

I don't think it will reflect badly on us as long as our parents don't do/say something embarrassing.



Yeah, I definitely get that. My parents are also paying a large amount and I definitely want them to see the school.

pifhib2
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby pifhib2 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 pm

It's fine if your parents come. When I went, ~20% of folks brought their parents.

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:58 pm

If anyone is going to admitted students day in Feb and will be there Thurday evening that wants to meet up with a Wake Forest law student message me.

smitza1
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby smitza1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

ramsdancer, i would def. be interested in this. Maybe we could plan some kind of informal dinner or something for anyone that is here on Thursday evening? I actually go to Wake undergrad, so I could help maybe plan something out?

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby tstyler98 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi all. First off, to those who've been accepted, congratulations on getting in. To those still waiting, keep the faith.

Second, I'm a 3L at Wake. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I've already answered some questions over here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203974.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Poo-T » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 am

tstyler98 wrote:Hi all. First off, to those who've been accepted, congratulations on getting in. To those still waiting, keep the faith.

Second, I'm a 3L at Wake. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I've already answered some questions over here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203974.

What do you think of the atmosphere? Not just the law school, but Winston-salem in general, what do you like the most about the place, what do you dislike? Would you consider the town more relaxing, or exciting?

I'd personally like a more relaxing environment.

cookjs8
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby cookjs8 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 am

Poo-T wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:Hi all. First off, to those who've been accepted, congratulations on getting in. To those still waiting, keep the faith.

Second, I'm a 3L at Wake. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I've already answered some questions over here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203974.


What do you think of the atmosphere? Not just the law school, but Winston-salem in general, what do you like the most about the place, what do you dislike? Would you consider the town more relaxing, or exciting?

I'd personally like a more relaxing environment.


Wake Forest undergrad graduate here.

Winston to me was the definition of relaxed. I'm somewhat of a golf enthusiast, so have a former PGA Championship course close (Tanglewood) was a big plus.

Winston can offer some fairly exciting options (bar scene downtown, Last Resort if you brave the trip, and even basketball games when Wake is playing well are fun to attend). But in general the experience you will find in Winston is what I would consider a typical large southern town experience. Hanes Mall offers laid-back shopping as a pretty good shopping option close to campus. There are several relaxed, but great, dining options available around campus (most notably Village Tavern in Reynolda Village).

Wake has a great campus, and with the construction of the new Business building, I believe the Law School will get to take over all of the Worrel Center. This will give the law school twice the space it had once had.

Many may find Winston too small or not exciting enough, and it is not immune from winters; but in general I found Winston a great place to spend 4 years.

Feel free to shoot me some more questions if you would like.

**edited errors**

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Poo-T » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks. The city sounds charming. I hear the bar scene is pretty good. I'm not much of a party-goer, but I do enjoy a drink now and then.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Poo-T wrote:Thanks. The city sounds charming. I hear the bar scene is pretty good. I'm not much of a party-goer, but I do enjoy a drink now and then.


Same, I actually prefer a town with less distractions for law school. But, yeah, sometimes you do just need a drink.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Poo-T wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:Hi all. First off, to those who've been accepted, congratulations on getting in. To those still waiting, keep the faith.

Second, I'm a 3L at Wake. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I've already answered some questions over here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203974.

What do you think of the atmosphere? Not just the law school, but Winston-salem in general, what do you like the most about the place, what do you dislike? Would you consider the town more relaxing, or exciting?

I'd personally like a more relaxing environment.


I grew up in a small town, but also lived in DC for 5 years. Winston is a good middle ground. There are things to do if you want to do them, but it's easy enough just to stay in. I don't go out too often, but there are lots of places to go when I do. My fiance and I go to a lot of the football games and some basketball games. So, in summary, if you want to do something, you can always find something; but if you don't want to be distracted, that's possible too.

My favorite thing is that most everything you need (other than an airport) is less than 15 minutes from campus. There's lots of stores, a mall, lots of restaurants, etc. I think the downside is that not a lot is within walking distance, so you pretty much have to drive everywhere. While this can be good to help minimize distractions, it'd be nice to leave the car home sometimes and walk.

User avatar
sdmelzer
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby sdmelzer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 pm

My parents, for better or worse, will be in tow. Also, to my knowledge, ramsdancer and I are meeting up slightly earlier than 8:30 the morning of ASD if anyone else is interested.

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm

sdmelzer wrote:My parents, for better or worse, will be in tow. Also, to my knowledge, ramsdancer and I are meeting up slightly earlier than 8:30 the morning of ASD if anyone else is interested.


Yeah, if anyone else wants to meet early the morning of let us know. Also, me and two other people are making plans to do something the evening before so if you are interested in that let me know.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Poo-T » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Are you guys having a TLS hangout? I wanna come ;_;

ramsdancer1
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Poo-T wrote:Are you guys having a TLS hangout? I wanna come ;_;


You can come! Are you going to Admitted Students Day this Friday? If so I think some are meeting up on Thursday evening and some Friday morning. If you want to join us message me and I'll let you know the specifics when I do.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Poo-T » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote:
Poo-T wrote:Are you guys having a TLS hangout? I wanna come ;_;


You can come! Are you going to Admitted Students Day this Friday? If so I think some are meeting up on Thursday evening and some Friday morning. If you want to join us message me and I'll let you know the specifics when I do.

Oh, this Friday? I'm going probably in April. Oh well, have fun :)

smitza1
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby smitza1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Yo, so for those interested in meeting up before ASD, let's meet at Wait Chapel at 5pm at Wait Chapel. I'm a current Wake undergrad going to Wake Law, so I can share my experience with you as well as one of the law students going with us. Wait Chapel is the huge church on campus (cant miss it). We can carpool over or whatever, but if you are interested in going, message me and I will give you my number so that you guys can call/text if you get lost or anything.

- GO Deacs

Zach

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby racrfish » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm going in March, so be sure to fill us in on everything when you get back!

smitza1
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby smitza1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm

We are meeting on Thursday evening at 5 btw!

Username123
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby Username123 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Just completed my interview :) I know I am a longshor for admission, but it was definitely nice to explain to the admissions committee my passion for the law and for WF. Hopefully they like it, despite my brainfart during my second question (what are you most concerned with in regards to when you first enter law school?). I said I had no major concerns as I am certain I can do all of the work, but my concern would be the difficulty of getting acclimated to law school having been so used to undergraduate.

Also, I didn't have enough time to explain Why Wake!! Haha I wanted to touch on three topics but could only get to 2.

Anyway, I hope I hear a positive response soon! :)

smitza1
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby smitza1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 am

http://www.facebook.com/groups/289649014498145/

Facebook Group for Wake Forest Class of 2016!

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm

smitza1 wrote:http://www.facebook.com/groups/289649014498145/

Facebook Group for Wake Forest Class of 2016!


Nice! You should send this to Dean Shively so they can moderate it and make it official. I noticed some law schools do this for their Facebook pages.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, hammy393, lazarzhr, Long shot hero, luckydayahead, okf731, taxman14 and 19 guests