Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gameface

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby gameface » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:17 pm

mosquito wrote:
gameface wrote:
mosquito wrote:
gameface wrote:Everybody getting decisions...

when did you apply and go complete?

Hi, I applied and went complete about one month ago. I submitted my interview 2 weeks ago. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. That's about when I went complete...but I haven't heard anything about an interview request...little nervous about that.

This just may be a ding in the waiting for me...I guess I'll know for sure soon enough.

I have comfort and anxiety knowing that in the next month and half I should have some kind of response from all the schools I have applied to - whether it is good or bad news. I'm ready.

CONGRATS to the new admits!

Some applicants who didn't receive an interview invitation also got acceptance with money.

That would be awesome.

delizabeth10

Postby delizabeth10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:20 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
mg7 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
delizabeth10 wrote:Accepted today! Such a fast turnaround! Sent 1/31, complete and ready for review 2/1, under review 2/5, in today with $15k a year.

Below median LSAT, above median GPA.

Stop trolling people. (shes posted this exact same thing in 3 other threads today).

She may not be trolling.. she may just be having a good day.

Right, so this person that has had 2 posts, finally decides to start posting, and gets accepted to 3 different law schools 5 days after applying last week, and without going through the interview process that all of us had to go through with a below median LSAT and a above median GPA, all on the same day.

Ok yeah shes telling the truth, nothing to see here.

I'm not really sure what you think my motivation for lying would be. I'm just as surprised as you are. I've been reading the forums since sending in all of my applications, but I've never had anything post-worthy until now. I thought the point of this thread was to be supportive of other people going through the admissions process and share timelines so others can gauge how long their own decisions would take to be rendered.

BBB

Postby BBB » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 pm

In today by email! 26k WOW! So excited about this...
Last edited by BBB on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm

delizabeth10 wrote:I'm not really sure what you think my motivation for lying would be. I'm just as surprised as you are. I've been reading the forums since sending in all of my applications, but I've never had anything post-worthy until now. I thought the point of this thread was to be supportive of other people going through the admissions process and share timelines so others can gauge how long their own decisions would take to be rendered.

Well you have to understand that it looks suspicious when 9 days ago you posted asking help for your personal statement, then within a few hours you post the same thing 3 times. I mean, maybe you're a URM, or downplaying your numbers, or maybe you're a Clinton or a Bush or something. Either way, it's a stressful time for everyone here, if it is all true then congrats!, and it shouldn't matter what I say cause you're having an amazing cycle. Anyways, it is a supportive thread for applicants, so I won't call you out anymore, and feel free to post what you want.

mosquito

Postby mosquito » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:53 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
delizabeth10 wrote:I'm not really sure what you think my motivation for lying would be. I'm just as surprised as you are. I've been reading the forums since sending in all of my applications, but I've never had anything post-worthy until now. I thought the point of this thread was to be supportive of other people going through the admissions process and share timelines so others can gauge how long their own decisions would take to be rendered.

Well you have to understand that it looks suspicious when 9 days ago you posted asking help for your personal statement, then within a few hours you post the same thing 3 times. I mean, maybe you're a URM, or downplaying your numbers, or maybe you're a Clinton or a Bush or something. Either way, it's a stressful time for everyone here, if it is all true then congrats!, and it shouldn't matter what I say cause you're having an amazing cycle. Anyways, it is a supportive thread for applicants, so I won't call you out anymore, and feel free to post what you want.

+1

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:16 pm

gameface wrote:

Thanks for the response. That's about when I went complete...but I haven't heard anything about an interview request...little nervous about that.

This just may be a ding in the waiting for me...I guess I'll know for sure soon enough.

I have comfort and anxiety knowing that in the next month and half I should have some kind of response from all the schools I have applied to - whether it is good or bad news. I'm ready.

CONGRATS to the new admits!

You never know, maybe your acceptance will just come a little bit later. I definitely know that feeling. Until today, I was feeling really skeptical about how my cycle was going to work out. Good luck!

smitza1

Postby smitza1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Think I am going to be a Demon Deacon for 3 more years. Just accepted into Wake Law with a pretty sweet scholarship! As a current Wake undergrad student, I can assure you that Wake is an amazing school with soooo many opportunities. If you guys have any questions about Winston or anything, let me know!!!

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:19 pm

smitza1 wrote:Think I am going to be a Demon Deacon for 3 more years. Just accepted into Wake Law with a pretty sweet scholarship! As a current Wake undergrad student, I can assure you that Wake is an amazing school with soooo many opportunities. If you guys have any questions about Winston or anything, let me know!!!

What do you like about Winston?

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Poo-T wrote:
smitza1 wrote:Think I am going to be a Demon Deacon for 3 more years. Just accepted into Wake Law with a pretty sweet scholarship! As a current Wake undergrad student, I can assure you that Wake is an amazing school with soooo many opportunities. If you guys have any questions about Winston or anything, let me know!!!

What do you like about Winston?

Wake is now my top choice and I'd love to hear your opinion about the area as well.

pifhib2

Postby pifhib2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:46 pm

What exactly do you guys want to know about the area?

If you're from a small town, WS is happening. If you're from a big town, WS is the sticks.

Good restaurants, decent bar scene. Lots of stores in the mall, not sure how the shopping is. You're usually only about 10-15 minutes from where you want to be.

Like any town there are places you would rather not go. Some apartment complexes have shit tenants and a little crime, others are quiet and safe. Rent is cheap here, compared to where I'm from.

Reasonably progressive alcohol laws, so if you're into craft beer you can get most of what you want (Dogfish 120 is a notable exception I think).

Wake has a beautiful campus, but you won't ever see it. Worrell is its own little world. By the time you graduate, the business school will be moved out and you'll have the whole building to yourselves.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm

pifhib2 wrote:What exactly do you guys want to know about the area?

If you're from a small town, WS is happening. If you're from a big town, WS is the sticks.

Good restaurants, decent bar scene. Lots of stores in the mall, not sure how the shopping is. You're usually only about 10-15 minutes from where you want to be.

Like any town there are places you would rather not go. Some apartment complexes have shit tenants and a little crime, others are quiet and safe. Rent is cheap here, compared to where I'm from.

Reasonably progressive alcohol laws, so if you're into craft beer you can get most of what you want (Dogfish 120 is a notable exception I think).

Wake has a beautiful campus, but you won't ever see it. Worrell is its own little world. By the time you graduate, the business school will be moved out and you'll have the whole building to yourselves.

You've satisfied my curiosity. It looks like a beautiful area, and it seems really chill.

slawww

Postby slawww » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Do you happen to know of good apartments close to the law school? I'm from a big city, but I'd love a change of pace; sounds pretty awesome from your description.

Postby 1693 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 pm

slawww wrote:

Do you happen to know of good apartments close to the law school? I'm from a big city, but I'd love a change of pace; sounds pretty awesome from your description.

I believe this will be of help:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51759

pifhib2

Postby pifhib2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm

1693 wrote:
slawww wrote:

I believe this will be of help:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51759

Thank link will definitely be useful, but it's a lot to digest.

There are a number of apartment complexes around campus. They'll take you to some of them if you show up for househunt. I live in one of the Crownes. Its too expensive (760 a month, 1 BR, no utilities included) but its clean, quiet, the staff is attentive (my fridge went out, they had someone out to fix it within a couple of hours). There are other complexes really close, like the Pines and the Corners.

Honestly, I would recommend trying to get a house or an apartment on Brookwood Drive. It's less than 10 minutes from the law school by foot and dirt cheap (a buddy of mine gets a 3 BR for less than a grand)

Postby 1693 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 pm

pifhib2 wrote:
Thank link will definitely be useful, but it's a lot to digest.

There are a number of apartment complexes around campus. They'll take you to some of them if you show up for househunt. I live in one of the Crownes. Its too expensive (760 a month, 1 BR, no utilities included) but its clean, quiet, the staff is attentive (my fridge went out, they had someone out to fix it within a couple of hours). There are other complexes really close, like the Pines and the Corners.

Honestly, I would recommend trying to get a house or an apartment on Brookwood Drive. It's less than 10 minutes from the law school by foot and dirt cheap (a buddy of mine gets a 3 BR for less than a grand)

Thanks for the extra advice. I obviously don't know as much as you about the area so your input is definitely appreciated! It is a lot to digest but definitely something to read when bored at work, lol.

ash0117

Postby ash0117 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:22 am

I live in a Crowne as well. I can never recommend it enough- it's pricy but very convenient to campus and safe. The shuttle came in handy a few weeks back when this Florida girl had to get to school in snow. And I can't say enough about the staff- amazing! I just renewed my lease for 14 more months, that's how much I like it.

A lot of people live in the Crownes (Park, Polo, and Oaks). Others live spread all around. Most of the people in my section and a ton of this years 1L class live in one of the three, a lot on Crowne Park. There are also some really nice rental houses right off Polo Rd. if you're willing to have a roommate. I wouldn't suggest living by the mall or downtown. It isn't far, and downtown is convenient on the weekends or after bar review, but having to be at campus on short notice and at weird hours (was there til 1 am finishing a brief last week) makes it really nice being close. I get home in one minute. I have time during a one hour break to eat lunch at home and get back to campus if I want. Pretty convenient.

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw

Gabe Newell = Wake Forest
Percentage signs = my tuition cost

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Poo-T wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw

so... what is it? 50%, 66%, or 75% scholarship :lol:

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Dmini7 wrote:

try 95% :D

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Poo-T wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:

congratulations! That is definitely a great offer :)

Poo-T

Postby Poo-T » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
Poo-T wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:

congratulations! That is definitely a great offer :)

Thanks! I might get into Duke also, but this scholarship offer is VERY tempting.

slawww

Postby slawww » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Any one planning on attending the ASD on March 1? How do you go about registering?

2012Lsatscore

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

slawww

Postby slawww » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:55 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
slawww wrote:Any one planning on attending the ASD on March 1? How do you go about registering?

I am. I got an e-mail a while back titled "Admitted Students Day Invitation from Wake Law" with links in it. They may have not had time to e-mail you. I'm sure they would send it to you if you called. After you register, they will e-mail you back a link to get discounted rates at a Courtyard-Marriott close to the school.

Cool, thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Does Wake provide reimbursements or anything other than the hotel discount?

sdmelzer

Postby sdmelzer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 pm

slawww wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
slawww wrote:Any one planning on attending the ASD on March 1? How do you go about registering?

I am. I got an e-mail a while back titled "Admitted Students Day Invitation from Wake Law" with links in it. They may have not had time to e-mail you. I'm sure they would send it to you if you called. After you register, they will e-mail you back a link to get discounted rates at a Courtyard-Marriott close to the school.

Cool, thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Does Wake provide reimbursements or anything other than the hotel discount?

They slash the first deposit ($500) by either $300 or $200 (I forgot and am not able to look it up atm).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”