Wake Forest c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mosquito

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Post by mosquito » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 am

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:
mosquito wrote:It seems that they won't post any decision today. I'm actually somewhat disappointed with Wake cause they directly ignored all my emails~I like Dean Jay cause he is so warm-hearted and really cares about our concerns but now I dare not send them an email~
mosquito ~

I am very surprised to learn that we're ignoring your emails. I don't hear that much. Let me know what address your emailing and I'll make sure to rectify the situation. Also, of course, you are welcome to contact me directly anytime you have a question.

I assure you we want you to feel informed. There aren't any more decisions going out this week. I am disappointed that there are a group of folks who completed their interviews by January 25 but for whom we were unable to process the interview and make a decision for this week's decision release. I expect those decisions to be released next Thursday.

Really. Feel free to email me directly if you have questions or anxiety about the process that I can relieve by providing information.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Wake Forest University
School of Law
(336) 758-5705 direct
http://www.law.wfu.edu
Wow, thank you so much for your response, Dean! My emails were about the interview. I didn't see your posts on TLS at that time, so I had some concerns about the interview process. But luckily, I then saw your posts here and my anxiety was relieved.

I'm an applicant from China . It seems that Wake enrolled less foreigners in the past years compared with its peer schools. I understand that Wake tries to keep the school small and exquisite. But I do like Wake for some reasons. I finished my interview on 24 January and I hope I will hear good news next Thursday.

I really appreciate your kind response, my lovely Dean Jay! :)

OzyM

New

Post by OzyM » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 am

I'm going to the accepted students day on the 15th, and I plan on getting in to town the 14th. Does anyone who is familiar with the area know of any particular bar-scene that would be useful for a potential student to check out?

Ghost Bear

New

Post by Ghost Bear » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 pm

OzyM wrote:I'm going to the accepted students day on the 15th, and I plan on getting in to town the 14th. Does anyone who is familiar with the area know of any particular bar-scene that would be useful for a potential student to check out?
Wait till the March ASD and we will all hit the bar together. Been given some info on the decent places and the ones to avoid by a couple of current Wake 1Ls and 2Ls

Ghost Bear

New

Post by Ghost Bear » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Dmini7 wrote:Good luck to all the waiters! To cheer you all up I shall upload a picture of the new go to guy for Wake: Ghost Bear. If you see him, please enjoy a beer with him for me!

By hook or by crook, to use my grandmother's saying, you had better go to Wake! lol I worry that there might not be enough people who don't take themselves seriously in our entrance class. :wink:

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 pm

I think I'm gonna reattempt my video interview right meow.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Finished the interview. Some of the question changed from the first time which really threw me for a loop. One of them I completely botched. Oh well. I actually wish the process was longer rather than just 4 questions.

Ghost Bear

New

Post by Ghost Bear » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Finished the interview. Some of the question changed from the first time which really threw me for a loop. One of them I completely botched. Oh well. I actually wish the process was longer rather than just 4 questions.
What questions were different?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Ghost Bear wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Finished the interview. Some of the question changed from the first time which really threw me for a loop. One of them I completely botched. Oh well. I actually wish the process was longer rather than just 4 questions.
What questions were different?
Iirc the questions are different for everyone. The first time it seemed they had questions specific to my applicatil (is your Gpa an accurate reflection for your academic ability and I'm a mega splitter). This time it was more generic.

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Just submitted my interview. I think I had more to say for each question by the time the 60 seconds was up, but that's okay! Hope I hear good news soon. Best of luck to everyone else.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fredflinstone19

New

Post by fredflinstone19 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Dean Shively,

I was rejected last week; however I have been accepted to another school. I am very interested in attending Wake, though. Could I contact admissions and talk to you or a staff member about what I need to do to successfully transfer after the first year elsewhere?

Thank you!

WakeLawAdmDean

New

Post by WakeLawAdmDean » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:05 am

fredflinstone19 wrote:Dean Shively,

I was rejected last week; however I have been accepted to another school. I am very interested in attending Wake, though. Could I contact admissions and talk to you or a staff member about what I need to do to successfully transfer after the first year elsewhere?

Thank you!
Dear fredflintstone19~

Thanks for your post and for your continued interest in Wake Law. If you are denied and Wake is your among your top choices, my advice would be to submit a request for reconsideration highlighting the strengths of your application or anything you believe we may not have given enough weight in the consideration process.

If that doesn't change anything on our end, I am happy to meet with applicants who haven't been offered admission beginning in mid-April to discuss their applications. The beauty of this is that we have a much better idea where we stand in terms of our own applicant pool. You know exactly what your options are. Thus we can talk specifically about appropriate next steps.

What are the possible outcomes of all this? 1) I suppose we might have overlooked something amazing in your file and another look along with a conversation with you convinces us on the spot to make an offer. 2) We look at things and decide that we'll put you on the waitlist to see if a spot comes open for you. (This can be simply prolonging the agony but sometimes works.) 3) We encourage you to take advantage of another offer of admission and to consider applying to transfer after you've proven your abilities.

There may be other options I haven't thought of but those are typically the three possibilities.

To be clear while you may feel a sense of urgency around meeting to discuss your file I've found it's almost always premature to talk about it before I have a clear sense of what my applicant pool looks like. The reason to go ahead and make your case in an email initially is that if we have missed something, it almost always comes out in that email and will give me a good reason to take another look at your file. Talking even as late as June won't prevent me from offering you a spot if that is the right thing to do.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have follow-up questions I am happy to respond to them as I am able. Of course, you can private message me on here or contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Law
shivelrj@wfu.edu
(336) 758-5705

2012Lsatscore

Silver

Post by 2012Lsatscore » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredflinstone19

New

Post by fredflinstone19 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Thank you, Dean Shively! I will keep these points in mind!

fredflinstone19

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:
fredflinstone19 wrote:Dean Shively,

Thank you!
Dear fredflintstone19~

Thanks for your post and for your continued interest in Wake Law. If you are denied and Wake is your among your top choices, my advice would be to submit a request for reconsideration highlighting the strengths of your application or anything you believe we may not have given enough weight in the consideration process.

If that doesn't change anything on our end, I am happy to meet with applicants who haven't been offered admission beginning in mid-April to discuss their applications. The beauty of this is that we have a much better idea where we stand in terms of our own applicant pool. You know exactly what your options are. Thus we can talk specifically about appropriate next steps.

What are the possible outcomes of all this? 1) I suppose we might have overlooked something amazing in your file and another look along with a conversation with you convinces us on the spot to make an offer. 2) We look at things and decide that we'll put you on the waitlist to see if a spot comes open for you. (This can be simply prolonging the agony but sometimes works.) 3) We encourage you to take advantage of another offer of admission and to consider applying to transfer after you've proven your abilities.

There may be other options I haven't thought of but those are typically the three possibilities.

To be clear while you may feel a sense of urgency around meeting to discuss your file I've found it's almost always premature to talk about it before I have a clear sense of what my applicant pool looks like. The reason to go ahead and make your case in an email initially is that if we have missed something, it almost always comes out in that email and will give me a good reason to take another look at your file. Talking even as late as June won't prevent me from offering you a spot if that is the right thing to do.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have follow-up questions I am happy to respond to them as I am able. Of course, you can private message me on here or contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Law
shivelrj@wfu.edu
(336) 758-5705

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:53 pm

just got an update about my interview being complete. just waiting on a decision now.. :|

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 pm

aklam19 wrote:just got an update about my interview being complete. just waiting on a decision now.. :|
Yup me too. I think the original e-mail said we'd hear back sometime in February.

It makes me laugh how the dean addresses people by their usernames.

Ghost Bear

New

Post by Ghost Bear » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Now that more information is out, who is attending which Admitted Students Day?

Already have 3 of us for the March 1st date.

Feb?

April?

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm

aklam19 wrote:just got an update about my interview being complete. just waiting on a decision now.. :|
Same. I'd love to get a decision this week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jduluoz54

New

Post by jduluoz54 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Ghost Bear wrote:Now that more information is out, who is attending which Admitted Students Day?

Feb?

April?
I'll be there on March 1st.

If you're bringing the kilt - Check out Finnegan's Wake in downtown Winston. Great bar that would appreciate your style.

ramsdancer1

Bronze

Post by ramsdancer1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Ghost Bear wrote:Now that more information is out, who is attending which Admitted Students Day?

Feb?

April?
I will be there next week in Feb. I know a couple people are going. There are also 2 current students that wouldn't mind meeting up with us. But if anyone is staying the night before and wants to look at the campus or something let me know because I'll be there too.

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:31 am

Feb?

April?

If i get in, i'll let you know :)

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 am

slawww wrote:
Same. I'd love to get a decision this week.
seriously that would be so awesome. only if it's good though..

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aklam19

New

Post by aklam19 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Yup me too. I think the original e-mail said we'd hear back sometime in February.

It makes me laugh how the dean addresses people by their usernames.

ohh it's hilarious but he is so awesome for coming on here. i'm so nervous though.

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Under review again after having submitted my interview video. Wake Forest has the smoothest admissions process of all of the schools I have applied to. I love how they don't keep you lingering forever.

zackw618

New

Post by zackw618 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Feb?

April?
I'll be at the February ASD.

OzyM

New

Post by OzyM » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Have any accepted students gotten any acceptance packages in the mail? Call me 'old-fashion', but I am just excited to physically hold something in my hand and I am wondering if I missed anything...

P.S. I will be going to the February ASD, definitely going dt the night before.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”