Wake Forest c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ramsdancer1

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 am

mosquito wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:
mosquito wrote:I'd like to know what questions may be asked in the interview. I know the final three questions are selected randomly, so different interviewees may need to deal with different questions. But I'm curious about what the last three questions would look like, I mean, the style of those questions....Any one would like to share? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I only remember two because they kind of caught me off guard. 1) what is the best thing that has ever happened to you and 2) what motivates you. I was expecting why do you want to go to wake forest, what sets you apart from other applicants etc. Some of it was like that but more of it was not.

Thank you, dancer! I remember that Dean said the first two would be "Why law" and "Why Wake"...U didn't encounter these two questions, did u?

No problem. I did get the question why law but not why wake. One question was similar it was about how would you contribute to Wake Forest/why would you be a good fit for our school kind of question. Did you just get your interview request? For encouragement, I was asked to do the interview and two weeks after I completed it I was accepted. So, good luck!

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 am

zackw618 wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:Anyone going to the admitted students day on Feb 15th?

I'll be there!

Cool I'll be there too! Do you think you are going to attend Wake Forest in August?

mosquito

Postby mosquito » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote:
mosquito wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote:
mosquito wrote:I'd like to know what questions may be asked in the interview. I know the final three questions are selected randomly, so different interviewees may need to deal with different questions. But I'm curious about what the last three questions would look like, I mean, the style of those questions....Any one would like to share? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I only remember two because they kind of caught me off guard. 1) what is the best thing that has ever happened to you and 2) what motivates you. I was expecting why do you want to go to wake forest, what sets you apart from other applicants etc. Some of it was like that but more of it was not.

Thank you, dancer! I remember that Dean said the first two would be "Why law" and "Why Wake"...U didn't encounter these two questions, did u?

No problem. I did get the question why law but not why wake. One question was similar it was about how would you contribute to Wake Forest/why would you be a good fit for our school kind of question. Did you just get your interview request? For encouragement, I was asked to do the interview and two weeks after I completed it I was accepted. So, good luck!

Hi dancer, I got my interview request more than ten days ago but I am very busy with my job this month.. Chinese Spring Festival is coming up, so lots of work needs to be done before that. Anyway, I will finish my interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

quote]
Hi dancer, I got my interview request more than ten days ago but I am very busy with my job this month.. Chinese Spring Festival is coming up, so lots of work needs to be done before that. Anyway, I will finish my interview tomorrow. Wish me luck![/quote]

Good luck! I wouldn't worry about it the interview shows they are interested. It took me a few weeks to do my interview because of my job too and I still got accepted. Best of luck.

mosquito

Postby mosquito » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote:quote]
Hi dancer, I got my interview request more than ten days ago but I am very busy with my job this month.. Chinese Spring Festival is coming up, so lots of work needs to be done before that. Anyway, I will finish my interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I wouldn't worry about it the interview shows they are interested. It took me a few weeks to do my interview because of my job too and I still got accepted. Best of luck.[/quote]

Thanks! Hope we can meet each other in Wake this summer!

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks! Hope we can meet each other in Wake this summer![/quote]

That would be cool to kind of know someone before classes start. I'm going to admitted student day Feb 15th so if you do your interview, get accepted and plan to visit the school then let me know.

jrstephens1991

Postby jrstephens1991 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Any news from anyone else who submitted interviews?

mittz

Postby mittz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

jrstephens1991 wrote:Any news from anyone else who submitted interviews?

Submitted my interview a while ago and still stuck at 1/9

chem!

Postby chem! » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

I got an invitation for the video interview on Friday and will be completing it this week. We shall see how this goes.

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:56 pm

I have a question for current Wake Forest students. How does class registration for 1L students work? I know some schools do a lottery with points. Do you get to pick your classes and times

thanks!

ash0117

Postby ash0117 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:I have a question for current Wake Forest students. How does class registration for 1L students work? I know some schools do a lottery with points. Do you get to pick your classes and times

thanks!

I guess I am the only Wake student lurking around this thread, LOL.

No, you do not pick your section, classes, or schedule. This year, the 1L class was split into three large sections and each of those was split into 2 smaller sections for LAWR (Legal Analysis Writing and Research). We got those assignments a few days before orientation began. Our schedules were released at that time as well. We get absolutely no say whatsoever.

1st Semester: Torts, Criminal Law, Contracts 1, Civil Procedure 1, LAWR (split into two classes- the writing portion and the research portion)

2nd Semester: Property, Constitutional Law, Contracts 2, Civil Pro 2, LAWR (again split into writing and reading)

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am

ash0117 wrote:I guess I am the only Wake student lurking around this thread, LOL.

Thanks! But your for 2L and 3L you can select your classes? Do you know how that works? And what was orientation like/what do you do? I know its pretty long because we are required to be there like over a week before the upper students. Also is there required reading or assignments before classes start?

Thanks again!

jrstephens1991

Postby jrstephens1991 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

mittz wrote:
jrstephens1991 wrote:Any news from anyone else who submitted interviews?

Submitted my interview a while ago and still stuck at 1/9

Well, I know it sucks for you, but that is a little comforting. I'm assuming they're waiting to make decisions on interviewed applicants later on.

25thPercentileGuy

Postby 25thPercentileGuy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Been a little quiet, anyone thinking decisions may come out soon, or next week. I sent my app on 1/3 so I'm assuming this or next week...

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 pm

25thPercentileGuy wrote:Been a little quiet, anyone thinking decisions may come out soon, or next week. I sent my app on 1/3 so I'm assuming this or next week...

You should hear back soon. I sent my app in on 12/31 and got my acceptance in 2 or 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck!

25thPercentileGuy

Postby 25thPercentileGuy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote:
25thPercentileGuy wrote:Been a little quiet, anyone thinking decisions may come out soon, or next week. I sent my app on 1/3 so I'm assuming this or next week...

You should hear back soon. I sent my app in on 12/31 and got my acceptance in 2 or 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck!

Thanks for the information! That's good to hear... I think you are right, I should hear something soon... Congrats on your acceptance, btw.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 am

I guess I will check in, I went under review 1/15. My Lsat is at there 75th but gpa is 25th (URM). I am unsure if I would attend, since I have no ties to NC, but I am still very interested in the school itself. Here is hoping I can get a decision by next week :)

pifhib2

Postby pifhib2 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:41 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:
ash0117 wrote:I guess I am the only Wake student lurking around this thread, LOL.

Thanks! But your for 2L and 3L you can select your classes? Do you know how that works? And what was orientation like/what do you do? I know its pretty long because we are required to be there like over a week before the upper students. Also is there required reading or assignments before classes start?

Thanks again!

2L and 3L you select your own classes. Rising 3Ls get first dibs, then rising 2Ls. No lottery or anything . . . everyone is waiting on their computers for registration to open (9 am? I think? I usually sleep through it) so that they can register for all the classes they want before someone else gets them first. You can take whatever you want pretty much, but there are a few classes you have to take at some point. Conlaw2, legad, evidence, some sort of lawr3, professional responsibility. You also have to take an upper level writing course and a professional skills course.

Orientation was pretty fun. There are some silly group sessions you have to sit through (ours included a an entertaining ex-addict telling us how to turn our lives around as well as a guy that said 'you all think that you're going to be in the top 10%, but I can promise you that 90% of you won't be'), but its mainly spent with your LAWR section (at least it was 2 years ago). You cover the basics of the law, maybe give some beginner oral arguments. Don't worry about it, just relax and enjoy yourself. You'll probably have to read a book for the beginning of 1L. Not a treatise or anything, just a book related to the law. Then you'll meet with a professor at his or her home to discuss it with a group of ~6 of your classmates. Dinner will be provided, as will alcohol (as long as your prof doesn't invoke host liability).

adeel

Postby adeel » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:53 am

I have been given an invitation for an interview, but I have no idea what to expect. How is the interview conducted? Is it a written interview, where we have to type in the answers or is it some kind of a video interview?

mittz

Postby mittz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 am

adeel wrote:I have been given an invitation for an interview, but I have no idea what to expect. How is the interview conducted? Is it a written interview, where we have to type in the answers or is it some kind of a video interview?

It is a video interview. They let you do practice questions so you can see what you look like, how you sound, etc. The interview itself was a little more surprising to me than I thought. The hardest part is having no interaction on the other side and having no break between questions so you are talking for a straight 3-5 minutes with no real time to regroup.

sdmelzer

Postby sdmelzer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 am

ramsdancer1 wrote:Thanks! Hope we can meet each other in Wake this summer!

That would be cool to kind of know someone before classes start. I'm going to admitted student day Feb 15th so if you do your interview, get accepted and plan to visit the school then let me know.[/quote]

Been away for a while but was admitted a few weeks back and am attending the Feb 15th admitted student day. Would be cool to meet up with a fellow TLSer.

KingsCup

Postby KingsCup » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 pm

mittz wrote:
adeel wrote:I have been given an invitation for an interview, but I have no idea what to expect. How is the interview conducted? Is it a written interview, where we have to type in the answers or is it some kind of a video interview?

It is a video interview. They let you do practice questions so you can see what you look like, how you sound, etc. The interview itself was a little more surprising to me than I thought. The hardest part is having no interaction on the other side and having no break between questions so you are talking for a straight 3-5 minutes with no real time to regroup.

I agree, I didn't really enjoy the interview process because, for me at least, most of my talking has to do with working with the other person, of which there obviously wasn't one. Came out of my interview less than happy with how I did.

And just a question to everyone, what are the other schools that you guys are considering along with wake forest?

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 am

sdmelzer wrote:Been away for a while but was admitted a few weeks back and am attending the Feb 15th admitted student day. Would be cool to meet up with a fellow TLSer.

Congrats on your acceptance. Yeah, that would be cool. I'm glad someone is going. No one else has really said they were attending admitted student day. I am coming down the day before since I don't live in NC. So if you want to meet up on campus the day before or the morning of just let me know.

ramsdancer1

Postby ramsdancer1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:50 am

2L and 3L you select your own classes. Rising 3Ls get first dibs, then rising 2Ls. No lottery or anything . ..[/quote]

Thanks for the info!

slawww

Postby slawww » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 am

Got an invite to interview. I'm curious: what questions do they ask & has anyone who interviewed received $$? Thanks!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”