W&L c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jing87
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby jing87 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:06 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
jing87 wrote:I am planning to go to the ASW March 1,2. The flight ticket from Miami to ROA is almost 600$ now, but it only half the price if I fly to LYH. I probably could get a rental car there. But I just heard the road from LYH to Lexington is very hard to drive at this season, especially considering that I have to cross a mountain... Anyone lives at that area can provide me some information?

Thanks.


Is ROA the Roanoke Regional? if so then that would be smooth sailing since you only have to take 81 and straight... LYH is lynchburg right ? the mountains should be fine around march 1-2. We havn't been getting much snow up here these past years and definitely not in march. Though seeing as you're from miami... if it does snow, you might want to take ROA.

source: I live in SW Virginia.

Side note: I'll be willing to give maybe 1 or 2 people a ride from ROA if needed? to lynchburg.


Yes, LYH is lynchburg. I want to take ROA but the ticket is too expensive. Are you a student there?

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 pm

jing87 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
jing87 wrote:I am planning to go to the ASW March 1,2. The flight ticket from Miami to ROA is almost 600$ now, but it only half the price if I fly to LYH. I probably could get a rental car there. But I just heard the road from LYH to Lexington is very hard to drive at this season, especially considering that I have to cross a mountain... Anyone lives at that area can provide me some information?

Thanks.


Is ROA the Roanoke Regional? if so then that would be smooth sailing since you only have to take 81 and straight... LYH is lynchburg right ? the mountains should be fine around march 1-2. We havn't been getting much snow up here these past years and definitely not in march. Though seeing as you're from miami... if it does snow, you might want to take ROA.

source: I live in SW Virginia.

Side note: I'll be willing to give maybe 1 or 2 people a ride from ROA if needed? to lynchburg.


Yes, LYH is lynchburg. I want to take ROA but the ticket is too expensive. Are you a student there?



PMed

User avatar
sdmelzer
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby sdmelzer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 pm

For the sake of time, can someone tell me when the scholarship offers go out? Is it on Monday or on Thursday like the decisions?

User avatar
deuceindc
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby deuceindc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 pm

sdmelzer wrote:For the sake of time, can someone tell me when the scholarship offers go out? Is it on Monday or on Thursday like the decisions?


Just spoke to the admissions office - scholarship letters (snail mail) are mailed a week after acceptances. My status page says "Scholarship Letter Mailed 02/19".

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby JXander » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck, everyone. :)

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby espressocream » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 pm

While we're on the topic of driving...

I'll be coming down from DC for a quick visit. How's the drive? Should I be concerned at all? I'm from CO, so driving with snow is not an issue, but long solo trips freak me out.

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby wvu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 pm

espressocream wrote:While we're on the topic of driving...

I'll be coming down from DC for a quick visit. How's the drive? Should I be concerned at all? I'm from CO, so driving with snow is not an issue, but long solo trips freak me out.

I've driven to DC several times for a show/game/shopping, it's not bad, about 3 hours. 81 is always busy but not oddly so, 66 is about the same depending on the time of day. Gets kind of boring from Harrisonburg to where 66 expands into 8 lanes but it's not a bad drive at all.

User avatar
espressocream
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby espressocream » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 pm

wvuchip wrote:
espressocream wrote:While we're on the topic of driving...

I'll be coming down from DC for a quick visit. How's the drive? Should I be concerned at all? I'm from CO, so driving with snow is not an issue, but long solo trips freak me out.

I've driven to DC several times for a show/game/shopping, it's not bad, about 3 hours. 81 is always busy but not oddly so, 66 is about the same depending on the time of day. Gets kind of boring from Harrisonburg to where 66 expands into 8 lanes but it's not a bad drive at all.


Sigh of relief. Thank you!

Dubyuhnell
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Dubyuhnell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 pm

To anybody that's coming in town this weekend come out to Macadoos later tonight and meet the current students

User avatar
SAlpha
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby SAlpha » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Just received scholarship info in the mail. 20k/year with 3.15 GPA stipulation(top 70% of class). 3.2/160/URM. Happy with it but hoping I can negotiate this scholarship to automatic renewal. Do all of their scholarships come with this stipulation?

User avatar
kuttlefish
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby kuttlefish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Anyone else get the Jazzy Nights invite from the Black Law Student Association? It's part of admitted students weekend on 3/2.

I'm just wondering if they sent it out to everyone or if they think I'm black for some reason... :?

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby wvu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm

kuttlefish wrote:Anyone else get the Jazzy Nights invite from the Black Law Student Association? It's part of admitted students weekend on 3/2.

I'm just wondering if they sent it out to everyone or if they think I'm black for some reason... :?

It's open to everybody.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm

kuttlefish wrote:Anyone else get the Jazzy Nights invite from the Black Law Student Association? It's part of admitted students weekend on 3/2.

I'm just wondering if they sent it out to everyone or if they think I'm black for some reason... :?


Nowhere to stay :/ only reserved a one night stay

Circlewave
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Circlewave » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 pm

just returned from ASW. i was blown away. wonderful time.

hoping to be in Lexington come fall. hopefully the financial aid gods smile upon me

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 am

Circlewave wrote:just returned from ASW. i was blown away. wonderful time.

hoping to be in Lexington come fall. hopefully the financial aid gods smile upon me


Spill the T :D

Thanks :oops:

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 am

does anyone know what the placement is in CA? I'd love to work in SF and I'm gonna try to get off the waitlist but I'm just wondering how much work it's worth.

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby talesofyore » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:28 am

Circlewave wrote:just returned from ASW. i was blown away. wonderful time.

hoping to be in Lexington come fall. hopefully the financial aid gods smile upon me


Elaborate!

Circlewave
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Circlewave » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:36 am

it's a wonderful little town, they bring out a huge crowd of admitted students to talk to you about the school and such (really, it was a crowd - there were probably 2 current students for each admit). they work hard to sell you on the curriculum, and the food was pretty good, too. if you're unsure of whether lexington is somewhere you could live for 3 years, the only way to know is to see it - i wasn't sure coming in, and leaving, i feel like it's where i want to be.

talesofyore
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby talesofyore » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Circlewave wrote:it's a wonderful little town, they bring out a huge crowd of admitted students to talk to you about the school and such (really, it was a crowd - there were probably 2 current students for each admit). they work hard to sell you on the curriculum, and the food was pretty good, too. if you're unsure of whether lexington is somewhere you could live for 3 years, the only way to know is to see it - i wasn't sure coming in, and leaving, i feel like it's where i want to be.



Sounds awesome. :)

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:50 pm

talesofyore wrote:
Circlewave wrote:it's a wonderful little town, they bring out a huge crowd of admitted students to talk to you about the school and such (really, it was a crowd - there were probably 2 current students for each admit). they work hard to sell you on the curriculum, and the food was pretty good, too. if you're unsure of whether lexington is somewhere you could live for 3 years, the only way to know is to see it - i wasn't sure coming in, and leaving, i feel like it's where i want to be.



Sounds awesome. :)


+100 :oops:

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

yay 25k/y :D so happy!

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby skri65 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Got the 25k per year scholly. Anyone think this scholly or a 75% scholly at UIUC would hold any power of leveraging a scholly at BC or Fordham?

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm

skri65 wrote:Got the 25k per year scholly. Anyone think this scholly or a 75% scholly at UIUC would hold any power of leveraging a scholly at BC or Fordham?

I don't think much but worth a try

Circlewave
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Circlewave » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 am

cbarlow1016 wrote:does anyone know what the placement is in CA? I'd love to work in SF and I'm gonna try to get off the waitlist but I'm just wondering how much work it's worth.


there might be some alums that could maybe hook you up, but why go across the country? lower-ranked Cali schools would probably do you a lot better.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 am

cbarlow1016 wrote:does anyone know what the placement is in CA? I'd love to work in SF and I'm gonna try to get off the waitlist but I'm just wondering how much work it's worth.


agree with the poster above. where else did you get in? If you're in at Davis and Hastings, they are better for NorCal than W&L will ever be.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chili_davis and 14 guests