W&L c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lhanvt13

Gold

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by lhanvt13 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:58 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:waitlisted :/
Hopefully you rise the wait list! A cycle like this is probably favorable to wait listers . Don't lose hope !

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:59 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
Hopefully you rise the wait list! A cycle like this is probably favorable to wait listers . Don't lose hope !
thanks..at least it's better than a rejection I guess. and congrats!

LizardRock

New

Post by LizardRock » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 pm

IN!! :D

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
I feel ya bro. See if you can go to the one of the waitlist preview days, if not, schedule a telephone interview.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
I feel ya bro. See if you can go to the one of the waitlist preview days, if not, schedule a telephone interview.
Thanks..I was thinking of doing both actually haha. Too much? Have you done either? I also just got a new job, should I send them an updated resume or just include that in a LOCI?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:18 pm

LizardRock wrote:IN!! :D

nbahri05

New

Post by nbahri05 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:23 pm

WAITLISTED. ARGH! Better than a rejection. OKAY ALL YOU TOP 10 PEOPLE, DROP YOUR SEATS SO WE CAN HAVE EM! Hahaha.

Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist. Will you all be attending one of the Waitlist Preview Days?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:31 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
Thanks..I was thinking of doing both actually haha. Too much? Have you done either? I also just got a new job, should I send them an updated resume or just include that in a LOCI?
Well, when you get the Waitlist email it will have a bunch of stuff. I think the phone interview is for people who can not come to the waitlist preview days. One of the things the waitlist website says is "Furthermore, absent some significant personal or professional event, please do not feel as if you need to continually update your resume over the course of the coming months." You only need to contact them once a month or so.

What I would do, is see which preview day you can sign up for, sign up for that, if you sign up for the april one, send a loci in march, or vise-versa, but include your new job in the LOCI.

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Waitlisted...

Though, now that I think of it, it might just be my saving grace - I would probably regret paying sticker.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:37 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
Well, when you get the Waitlist email it will have a bunch of stuff. I think the phone interview is for people who can not come to the waitlist preview days. One of the things the waitlist website says is "Furthermore, absent some significant personal or professional event, please do not feel as if you need to continually update your resume over the course of the coming months." You only need to contact them once a month or so.

What I would do, is see which preview day you can sign up for, sign up for that, if you sign up for the april one, send a loci in march, or vise-versa, but include your new job in the LOCI.
Ok thanks, that's really helpful. I think I'll go to the March preview day and send a LOCI in April then.

sdmelzer

New

Post by sdmelzer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 pm

For all you guys that got a decision today, when did you apply/go under review?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:41 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:Waitlisted...

Though, now that I think of it, it might just be my saving grace - I would probably regret paying sticker.
Just cause you're waitlisted doesn't mean you won't get a scholly

LizardRock

New

Post by LizardRock » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 pm

sdmelzer wrote:For all you guys that got a decision today, when did you apply/go under review?
1/10

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:50 pm

sdmelzer wrote:For all you guys that got a decision today, when did you apply/go under review?
applied 1/11 review 1/24 accepted today

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:00 pm

LizardRock wrote:
1/10
1/12

NIUmelk

New

Post by NIUmelk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Waitlisted....went complete 1/23.

deuceindc

Bronze

Post by deuceindc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Admitted! (167/3.0)

Application Completed 1/16.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

odela

New

Post by odela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Waitlisted...
I received the decision an hour after the initial email this morning. I won't be able to attend preview day so I will be scheduling a phone interview.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Just signed up for 3/11 preview day. Anyone else coming?

sdmelzer

New

Post by sdmelzer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:48 pm

I applied later in the cycle (last minute decision). Complete on 2/1. Too early to expect anything I suppose. Maybe next week.

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 pm

sdmelzer wrote:I applied later in the cycle (last minute decision). Complete on 2/1. Too early to expect anything I suppose. Maybe next week.
Usually 3 weeks from going in to review

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Wait-list preview day?

Seems a little fishy too me - would this really improve ones chances of gaining admission? When it boils down to it, isn't it just a numbers game anyway? How heavily would your attendance weigh in their decision process?

If you live in the area, sure... but traveling a great distance to roam around a school you have essentially been rejected from seems a little bitter-sweet. I could only see myself getting excited about the campus/opportunities only to awake to the reality of the dreaded wait-list.

For those of you attending, how far are you traveling?

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:Wait-list preview day?

Seems a little fishy too me - would this really improve ones chances of gaining admission? When it boils down to it, isn't it just a numbers game anyway? How heavily would your attendance weigh in their decision process?

If you live in the area, sure... but traveling a great distance to roam around a school you have essentially been rejected from seems a little bitter-sweet. I could only see myself getting excited about the campus/opportunities only to awake to the reality of the dreaded wait-list.

Idk if I'm gonna go or not. I debated it and signed up for March 11, but then I looked at the plane tickets and it would cost me $500 to come from SF....ayyyy. Worth it or not?

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:

Idk if I'm gonna go or not. I debated it and signed up for March 11, but then I looked at the plane tickets and it would cost me $500 to come from SF....ayyyy. Worth it or not?
I think it depends on what other offers you have. I am going to visit GW where I am WLed but only because I can do it while visiting W&L at the same time. They are going to help subsidize my travel cost, which are extensive, and I figure I might as well make a stab for more money at W&L while trying to show my dedication to GW by traveling all the way across the country.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

What's with the negativity? A lot of schools are putting a lot of people on the waitlist this year due to the sudden drop in applications, and the unknown of how many students will accept their initial offers. You have in no way been "essentially rejected"

While it is a numbers game, when you're on the line, other factors do come into play. This is probably their attempt to gauge how interested students are in W&L, and showing some initiative puts you ahead of thosewho didnt. When schools do you look to take people off the waitlist and is concerned about yield, its much easier to choose the person who've met, and interviewed and showed real interest other than random piece of paper dude. Some schools won't even consider taking you off the waitlist unless you show some interest (LOCI etc).

With that being said, on the waitlist website it's clear that the telephone interview is a good alternative for people who are too far away, I've scheduled mine and they seemed nice and excited about it. They can't expect everyone to be able to drop $1000 or more to fly out there, unless you think you're able to make a much better impression in person, and the money isnt an issue, I wouldn't really worry about not going.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”