W&L c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby The-Specs » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Under review today via e-mail and status checker. Hopefully don't revert back to complete.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 pm

The-Specs wrote:Under review today via e-mail and status checker. Hopefully don't revert back to complete.


Same

srfngdd6
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby srfngdd6 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:So no one's heard anything yet? Because this is around the time last year that they made their first round.


Admissions director got promoted so theres a new one this year probably doing things differently

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 pm

I've been UR since 11/1 . I'm surprised there hasn't been any movement! According to the poster I made (lol), Washington and Lee started releasing decisions on 11/10 last year, 11/11 the year before, and 11/9 the year before that. Either the above poster is correct in that they are doing things differently this year, or applications are down and they're trying to get a better feel of the applicant pool. I'm hoping the latter is true :D .

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:21 pm

For those of you who are newly under review, How long ago did you all apply? Hoping mine changes soon.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 pm

srfngdd6 wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:So no one's heard anything yet? Because this is around the time last year that they made their first round.


Admissions director got promoted so theres a new one this year probably doing things differently


This is kind of sad. Twitty was loved by all, and W&L literally had the best admissions process of any school I'd ever heard of. Decisions were indeed out earlier in previous years. Last year they even told the applicants the exact date/time that they would receive a decision in advance, so there weren't any guessing games. They may not follow the same pattern this year.

Not complaining, though. I'm sure the new AD will be great. Just saying W&L had developed a great reputation based on the old way of doing things.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby slawww » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 pm

seancris wrote:For those of you who are newly under review, How long ago did you all apply? Hoping mine changes soon.


I applied about 3 weeks ago

srfngdd6
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby srfngdd6 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

seancris wrote:
srfngdd6 wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:So no one's heard anything yet? Because this is around the time last year that they made their first round.


Admissions director got promoted so theres a new one this year probably doing things differently


This is kind of sad. Twitty was loved by all, and W&L literally had the best admissions process of any school I'd ever heard of. Decisions were indeed out earlier in previous years. Last year they even told the applicants the exact date/time that they would receive a decision in advance, so there weren't any guessing games. They may not follow the same pattern this year.

Not complaining, though. I'm sure the new AD will be great. Just saying W&L had developed a great reputation based on the old way of doing things.


Twitty is still here hes the dean of student affairs now

User avatar
FortunaGubernans
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby FortunaGubernans » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Ok. Everyone get that email? Looks like the first round of decisions will be out the week after Thanksgiving. Man, I hope I'm in that first batch. And that it's a positive-type decision.

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:44 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Ok. Everyone get that email? Looks like the first round of decisions will be out the week after Thanksgiving. Man, I hope I'm in that first batch. And that it's a positive-type decision.


I assume all of us that went under review early in November will be in the first batch considering it said to expect a 3-4 week turn around from that point.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Ok. Everyone get that email? Looks like the first round of decisions will be out the week after Thanksgiving. Man, I hope I'm in that first batch. And that it's a positive-type decision.


I assume all of us that went under review early in November will be in the first batch considering it said to expect a 3-4 week turn around from that point.


Seriously hoping that the 3-4 week figure is just covering themselves. I submitted around Nov 1 and haven't gone under review yet, so we could be talking about January before I get a decision if I don't go under review this week and then have to wait 4 weeks on top of that.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:
seancris wrote:
Seriously hoping that the 3-4 week figure is just covering themselves. I submitted around Nov 1 and haven't gone under review yet, so we could be talking about January before I get a decision if I don't go under review this week and then have to wait 4 weeks on top of that.


Silver Lining: At least they're being upfront about it; it beats obsessively checking the page through Dec.

Count out four weeks from the day you go under review and put it on the back burner til then. I'm hoping that my under review update either comes this week or after the week of the 10th so that my fourth week isn't right in the middle of the holidays.


That would probably be wise, but I know I'm not going to stick to that. I would say there's a really low chance of it actually being 4 weeks after the "under review" date based on past cycles. Most schools say it's going to be months/weeks until a decision when decisions usually come out much sooner (IE, "applicants are guaranteed a response by Mid-April" and getting decisions by Thanksgiving).

At least for above median applicants, I'd guess it's probably more like two weeks or so after "under review".

Convincing myself we'll be under review tomorrow and get our decisions around Dec 7th lol.

kdev1203
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby kdev1203 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:
seancris wrote:
Silver Lining: At least they're being upfront about it; it beats obsessively checking the page through Dec.



What? Like that's going to stop the truly dedicated from refreshing the page every ten minutes?

I should add that I am definitely not, in no way, shape, or form, describing my own relationship with the law school admissions status checkers. Not. At. All.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm

In Review. Sweet!

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

seancris wrote:In Review. Sweet!


Congrats!

rwt422
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby rwt422 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Dean McShay is the admissions director now; he joined the school from Fordham this past July and took Dean Twitty's spot in admissions. If you're considering W&L seriously and you can travel to Lexington for a tour, make sure you set a day aside to do so. Dean McShay was incredibly approachable and spent the entire afternoon showing two prospectives and I around the campus. I don't know if that is standard for directors when they meet prospectives but he certainly made me feel welcome and at home.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:17 am

First batch of decisions should be out before the weekend, according to the thanksgiving email.

Not sure which batch my decision will be in though, since I only went "in review" recently. Fingers crossed for an early decision!

User avatar
FallingHigher
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby FallingHigher » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:34 am

It looks like this week (hopefully tomorrow!) will be the first batch.
Good-luck everyone!

kdev1203
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby kdev1203 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:12 am

Just went under review today...hope I'm going to be part of the first batch....

*fingers crossed*

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2012Split177
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby 2012Split177 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:37 pm

rwt422 wrote:Dean McShay is the admissions director now; he joined the school from Fordham this past July and took Dean Twitty's spot in admissions. If you're considering W&L seriously and you can travel to Lexington for a tour, make sure you set a day aside to do so. Dean McShay was incredibly approachable and spent the entire afternoon showing two prospectives and I around the campus. I don't know if that is standard for directors when they meet prospectives but he certainly made me feel welcome and at home.


Second this. I happened to be passing through Lexington back in August so I decided at the last minute to stop by. I gave them only 90 minutes notice, and when I got there I had an hour to myself with Dean McShay where it seemed he really wanted to get to know me, and he gave me general tips for LSAT studying and applying to law schools. Then I got another hour worth of a tour and a recommendation for where to eat lunch!

My mentor throughout this whole process has been a friend a few years older who graduated W&L Law in 2010. He really has nothing but good things to say about his experience there.

My application went in 11/15 and it's still just "complete" - kinda hoping to hear some movement soon!

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby The-Specs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Anyone know how W&L notifies?
Last edited by The-Specs on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby seancris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 pm

The-Specs wrote:Anyone know how W&L notify?


Email and snail mail for admits/WLs. Status checker only for dings.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, JazzyMac, nightie and 5 guests