W&L c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crossingfingers
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby crossingfingers » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:17 pm

nbahri05 wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:I was wondering this same thing myself. Nothing here; maybe they're putting in a late Friday but I feel like they usually move very early in the day. Good luck!



They did say a week or two, not just today. So I hope we have some luck early next week!

Good question, did anyone hear from them today at all??


True, but the "starting this afternoon" is what got my focus!

derfs
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby derfs » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:45 pm

bean412 wrote:
bearjew wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:Waitlist update email. It seemed somewhat like a form letter but if it's only sent to those they're planning on accepting today, I'm fine with that also!


Got it too. I was wondering the same thing.

Goodluck!


Did anyone get notified today after getting the update email?


Just got accepted via email earlier today! Received the first email regarding waitlist movement, and was accepted later in the afternoon.

Waiting to hear back about merit aid!

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 am

derfs wrote:
bean412 wrote:
bearjew wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:Waitlist update email. It seemed somewhat like a form letter but if it's only sent to those they're planning on accepting today, I'm fine with that also!


Got it too. I was wondering the same thing.

Goodluck!


Did anyone get notified today after getting the update email?


Just got accepted via email earlier today! Received the first email regarding waitlist movement, and was accepted later in the afternoon.

Waiting to hear back about merit aid!

Grats! how are your options looking ?

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Comoncents wrote:Was between W&L v UTK Law
Went UTK law!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZOo25eFCXY


My 1L paid job- UTK Law! Had no issues finding a job and getting offers for when I graduate!!!



Think hard and visit more than once!


Don't advertise other schools on other school cycle threads. Get this trash out of here

bean412
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby bean412 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Any wait list news post last week's email?

derfs
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby derfs » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:11 am

bean412 wrote:Any wait list news post last week's email?


I was accepted last Friday after receiving the e-mail regarding more seats.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:27 pm

http://www.lawschoolcafe.org/thread/an- ... nt-puzzle/

Article about W&L's 3L curriculum vis-a-vis job placement

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Presidentjlh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:33 pm

cusenation wrote:http://www.lawschoolcafe.org/thread/an-employment-puzzle/

Article about W&L's 3L curriculum vis-a-vis job placement

Unfortunate, because it's a great idea.

I still think it will pay off in the end for W&L. They're at least trying things and trying to get their students' work, which is more than can be said for a lot of schools.

Dolphine
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 12:38 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Dolphine » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:
cusenation wrote:http://www.lawschoolcafe.org/thread/an-employment-puzzle/

Article about W&L's 3L curriculum vis-a-vis job placement

Unfortunate, because it's a great idea.

I still think it will pay off in the end for W&L. They're at least trying things and trying to get their students' work, which is more than can be said for a lot of schools.

I think you misread the article, this new program is in no way getting them 'work', but trying to 'better prepare them'.

"The number of legal jobs depends much more on client demand and employer entrepreneurship than on the experience that new graduates possess. Maybe the employers recruiting at Washington & Lee have recognized that truth."

That's the key line, Recruiters are not coming to W&L when UVA, W&M, Duke, etc are all right there.

http://outsidethelawschoolscam.blogspot ... d-lee.html

" Tellingly, as well, not a single W&L law grad in either 2011 or 2012 tried to go solo. Not that that is ever a wise idea, but if recent W&L grads truly felt confident in the real world practice skills they derived from their third year of law school, you would think a few would give it a try, especially since half of them could not get a full-time law job."

W&L is a trap school, the American of the T30's. No nearby market, 3rd best law school in the state. They really should be ranked around #50.

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby Presidentjlh » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Dolphine wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:
cusenation wrote:http://www.lawschoolcafe.org/thread/an-employment-puzzle/

Article about W&L's 3L curriculum vis-a-vis job placement

Unfortunate, because it's a great idea.

I still think it will pay off in the end for W&L. They're at least trying things and trying to get their students' work, which is more than can be said for a lot of schools.

I think you misread the article. "The number of legal jobs depends much more on client demand and employer entrepreneurship than on the experience that new graduates possess. Maybe the employers recruiting at Washington & Lee have recognized that truth."

That's the key line. Recruiters are not coming to W&L when UVA, W&M, Duke, etc are all right there.

http://outsidethelawschoolscam.blogspot ... d-lee.html

" Tellingly, as well, not a single W&L law grad in either 2011 or 2012 tried to go solo. Not that that is ever a wise idea, but if recent W&L grads truly felt confident in the real world practice skills they derived from their third year of law school, you would think a few would give it a try, especially since half of them could not get a full-time law job."

W&L is a trap school, the American of the T30's. No nearby market, 3rd best law school in the state. They really should be ranked around #50.

I misread, yes. Unfortunate. But we should keep this to a different forum.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby lhanvt13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 pm


bean412
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby bean412 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:05 am

Anyone have any new news? Kind of feeling lost or out of the loop......

hookemhorns008
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby hookemhorns008 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Withdrawing and money back in the pot. Best of luck you guys.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Postby john1990 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm

I got in off the waitlist earlier in the month around the first of July.
I'm planning on trying to work as a 1L. Does anyone know if there is any work around Lexington?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cocozhang9950, elcamino4, Exabot [Bot], hellohalo, Kaziende, raidr, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests