Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby UMich11 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Beemo wrote:My 20.5k scholarship was increased to 30k with the reduced stips as well. What do people think about negotiating the stips lower or away altogether?


Same with me, but idc about the grade stipulation. I'm looking to negotiate a higher scholarship. If they offered near full or full ride i'd seriously look at SC over any of the T20/T10s i'm WL/considering. Living in that area with the access to the VC/Startup space is what i am really interested in and a full ride would make going there much more likely.

Beemo
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Beemo » Thu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm

UMich11 wrote:
Beemo wrote:My 20.5k scholarship was increased to 30k with the reduced stips as well. What do people think about negotiating the stips lower or away altogether?


Same with me, but idc about the grade stipulation. I'm looking to negotiate a higher scholarship. If they offered near full or full ride i'd seriously look at SC over any of the T20/T10s i'm WL/considering. Living in that area with the access to the VC/Startup space is what i am really interested in and a full ride would make going there much more likely.


I guess you're right - it's better to try and get more $ rather than no stips. Being in the lower 50% at Santa Clara would not cut it anyway. It sounds like after the second deposit deadline there might be more money to go around. I already paid the first deposit while I ride out the WL at other schools; would paying the second deposit before the deadline take away my leverage? I would like to secure that 30k...

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby UMich11 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Beemo wrote:
UMich11 wrote:
Beemo wrote:My 20.5k scholarship was increased to 30k with the reduced stips as well. What do people think about negotiating the stips lower or away altogether?


Same with me, but idc about the grade stipulation. I'm looking to negotiate a higher scholarship. If they offered near full or full ride i'd seriously look at SC over any of the T20/T10s i'm WL/considering. Living in that area with the access to the VC/Startup space is what i am really interested in and a full ride would make going there much more likely.


I guess you're right - it's better to try and get more $ rather than no stips. Being in the lower 50% at Santa Clara would not cut it anyway. It sounds like after the second deposit deadline there might be more money to go around. I already paid the first deposit while I ride out the WL at other schools; would paying the second deposit before the deadline take away my leverage? I would like to secure that 30k...



when was/is the first deposit due? I never paid it if it already passed and then they increased my award. Though i got an email about the approaching deadline tomorrow.

Beemo
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Beemo » Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 pm

UMich11 wrote:
Beemo wrote:
UMich11 wrote:
Beemo wrote:My 20.5k scholarship was increased to 30k with the reduced stips as well. What do people think about negotiating the stips lower or away altogether?


Same with me, but idc about the grade stipulation. I'm looking to negotiate a higher scholarship. If they offered near full or full ride i'd seriously look at SC over any of the T20/T10s i'm WL/considering. Living in that area with the access to the VC/Startup space is what i am really interested in and a full ride would make going there much more likely.


I guess you're right - it's better to try and get more $ rather than no stips. Being in the lower 50% at Santa Clara would not cut it anyway. It sounds like after the second deposit deadline there might be more money to go around. I already paid the first deposit while I ride out the WL at other schools; would paying the second deposit before the deadline take away my leverage? I would like to secure that 30k...



when was/is the first deposit due? I never paid it if it already passed and then they increased my award. Though i got an email about the approaching deadline tomorrow.


The first deadline was April 1 ($200) and the second is June 1 ($500). As far as I know there is no deadline tomorrow.

onionskin
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby onionskin » Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 am

Has there been any WL movement?

Kind of surprised I'm not hearing from them considering I've been accepted to several higher ranked schools...

User avatar
DuckDynasty
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby DuckDynasty » Fri May 17, 2013 2:52 am

onionskin wrote:Has there been any WL movement?

Kind of surprised I'm not hearing from them considering I've been accepted to several higher ranked schools...


SCU's WL usually sees movement around mid-June to early-July based on past forums.

If I were you, I'd get all my affairs in order and plan on attending one of those higher ranked schools rather than wait out SCU's WL.

lawschoolapps111
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lawschoolapps111 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:26 am

has there been any movement off the waitlist? or will applicants hear sometime in June or later on? do you think they SCU has/will accept students off the waitlist before the second deposit?

pikapwns
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pikapwns » Mon May 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Just starting my 2L year at SCU Law and happy to answer questions

YaYaHero
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby YaYaHero » Mon May 27, 2013 8:45 pm

FYI, I just got offered admission off WL on Friday 5/24/13.

Good luck to rest of you.

lawschoolapps111
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lawschoolapps111 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm

YaYaHero wrote:FYI, I just got offered admission off WL on Friday 5/24/13.

Good luck to rest of you.


if i may ask, for part time or full time?

YaYaHero
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby YaYaHero » Tue May 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Part time.

User avatar
MsAvocadoPit
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 am

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MsAvocadoPit » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:29 pm

A few days ago I submitted the short application for the Public Interest/Social Justice Law scholarship. If anyone here actually gets it, let us know! The website said 5 were being given out at 10k each. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
MsAvocadoPit
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 am

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby MsAvocadoPit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am

After asking the school for a 3.0 stipulation rather than the top 25% for my scholarship... I was informed that they are going to change this requirement for ALL incoming 1Ls with scholarship to the 3.0 stipulation.


VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW! ! !!


Just an FYI :)

Deposit down - definitely attending in the fall :)

calalumni4
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby calalumni4 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm

who else here has been admitted off the part time or full time waitlist since being placed on the waitlist on April 17?

onionskin
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby onionskin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:17 am

Still waiting loooool

calalumni4
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby calalumni4 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:49 am

is there another deposit coming up soon for those who have been admitted?

any movement on the waitlist?

futurelawstudent2
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby futurelawstudent2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:23 am

i was also placed on the waitlist on April 17, and have yet to hear back. i was told that there would be a lot of movement in june and july.

any updates?

lakers7
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lakers7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 am

I was taken off the waitlist of another school today. Going to withdraw tomorrow - good luck to those on the waitlist here!

futurelawstudent2
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby futurelawstudent2 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:40 pm

is it safe to assume that for anyone who has yet to be accepted off the waitlist, there is very little to no chance of getting in? trying to stay positive!

User avatar
DuckDynasty
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby DuckDynasty » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:25 am

Weird that nobody has gotten off the waitlist this year (at least according to TLS and LSN) besides two or three. Has anyone else heard back yet?

wustlgrad
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:43 am

Re: Santa Clara University c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wustlgrad » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 pm

Hello (potential) SCU students,

I am a recent grad from WUSTL and I'm moving to NY next week but I need to find a way to get my dog from St. Louis to Northern California. Anyone driving out that way willing to take on a 4-legged passenger? I'd be willing to pay for gas. PM if interested. Thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”