ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby buddyt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Current Status Date changed to today, 11/21, with status "In Review."

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nickb285 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Same. Hopefully that means we hear back sometime late this month/next month.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm

nickb285 wrote:Same. Hopefully that means we hear back sometime late this month/next month.


That would be nice, but looking at last years thread it appears EA decisions didn't come out until the end of Jan. with others following in Feb-April/May/June.

I think we are in for a bit of a wait.

FWIW, I went to "complete and ready for review" or some similar status on Friday.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nickb285 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
nickb285 wrote:Same. Hopefully that means we hear back sometime late this month/next month.


That would be nice, but looking at last years thread it appears EA decisions didn't come out until the end of Jan. with others following in Feb-April/May/June.

I think we are in for a bit of a wait.

FWIW, I went to "complete and ready for review" or some similar status on Friday.


Damn. Why can't all of the schools I'm applying to just review my application the day they get it, and make a decision within 48 hours? Jerks.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 pm

nickb285 wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:
nickb285 wrote:Same. Hopefully that means we hear back sometime late this month/next month.


That would be nice, but looking at last years thread it appears EA decisions didn't come out until the end of Jan. with others following in Feb-April/May/June.

I think we are in for a bit of a wait.

FWIW, I went to "complete and ready for review" or some similar status on Friday.


Damn. Why can't all of the schools I'm applying to just review my application the day they get it, and make a decision within 48 hours? Jerks.



Lol! I know, right!?

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby michaelm55 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:07 pm

I am guessing that I won't hear anything back for a while on this one. They don't seem to be in any real hurry.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gaud » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Was EA last year and I didn't hear back until late January

lookingin
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lookingin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 am

gaud wrote:Was EA last year and I didn't hear back until late January


Are you at ASU now? If so, could you speak to how easy/difficult it is to get in-state after 1L in Arizona?

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gaud » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:41 pm

lookingin wrote:
gaud wrote:Was EA last year and I didn't hear back until late January


Are you at ASU now? If so, could you speak to how easy/difficult it is to get in-state after 1L in Arizona?


Send me a pm

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby teiswei » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:17 pm

For anybody that plans on spending the next three years in Phoenix...

http://www.azcentral.com/arizona-bucket-list/community/phoenix/50-things-to-do.html

User avatar
bandenjamin
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bandenjamin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Hopeful

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Checking in!

User avatar
ricekrispies
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ricekrispies » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 am

Are you all hoping to work at a firm in Phoenix following graduation?

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

ricekrispies wrote:Are you all hoping to work at a firm in Phoenix following graduation?


Ultimate goal? Public interest law in Utah.

Acceptable outcome? Firm work anywhere in the West.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby buddyt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

ricekrispies wrote:Are you all hoping to work at a firm in Phoenix following graduation?


Grades willing, I'm hoping for midlaw in Phoenix. In the likely event of getting median pwned, I'm ok with work at a smallish firm in the east valley.

grassynome
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grassynome » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 am

Has anyone's status' changed yet?

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby michaelm55 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Nope... nada mi amigo.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby buddyt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:11 pm

I deferred from last year, and was an EA applicant. They said all EA applicants would hear back by the end of January. I got my acceptance email on January 31.

owlie
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby owlie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Status changed to In Review and today's date. First update since November.

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby michaelm55 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:57 pm

"In Review" as of 11/21/12...
Last edited by michaelm55 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby gaud » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 pm

buddytyler wrote:They said all EA applicants would hear back by the end of January. I got my acceptance email on January 31.


Lol yep

owlie
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby owlie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:45 pm

gaud wrote:
buddytyler wrote:They said all EA applicants would hear back by the end of January. I got my acceptance email on January 31.


Lol yep


At least they're consistent? Heh.

grassynome
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby grassynome » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Status updated to in review today!

User avatar
michaelm55
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby michaelm55 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Goodness... I may make a decision before Arizona State even gets back with me! I hope they hurry so I will have time to consider it as an option.

User avatar
doppelganger
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:27 am

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby doppelganger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 pm

In review as of today. Applied the first week of December.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”