ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
perplexedconfused

New

Re: ASU c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Post by perplexedconfused » Fri May 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Just got a call from Shelli Soto with an acceptance! She said there are a lot of people out sick at the admissions office and she didn't want me to have to wait over the weekend!

Hopefully she will be making more calls to those still waiting! She also said to expect a packet this week.

Coconut.

New

Post by Coconut. » Fri May 17, 2013 3:34 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:Just got a call from Shelli Soto with an acceptance! She said there are a lot of people out sick at the admissions office and she didn't want me to have to wait over the weekend!

Hopefully she will be making more calls to those still waiting! She also said to expect a packet this week.
Congratulations!!!

My status updated on 5/14, the first time since 1/18. I am glad someone has gotten news today!

TookDaBait

New

Post by TookDaBait » Mon May 20, 2013 3:03 pm

hey guys... i just logged on to my application status check and it shows a new checklist for A) letter of intent B) enrollment deposit C) Official transcript... however, I haven't received any new e-mails/ status updates... anyone know what this means?

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 3:20 pm

TookDaBait wrote:hey guys... i just logged on to my application status check and it shows a new checklist for A) letter of intent B) enrollment deposit C) Official transcript... however, I haven't received any new e-mails/ status updates... anyone know what this means?

Me as well, the date updated to today as well (first since early february)! I can't help out with an explanation as to what it means, but I bet we'll find out soon. Good luck!

TookDaBait

New

Post by TookDaBait » Mon May 20, 2013 3:22 pm

crossingfingers wrote:
TookDaBait wrote:hey guys... i just logged on to my application status check and it shows a new checklist for A) letter of intent B) enrollment deposit C) Official transcript... however, I haven't received any new e-mails/ status updates... anyone know what this means?

Me as well, the date updated to today as well (first since early february)! I can't help out with an explanation as to what it means, but I bet we'll find out soon. Good luck!
i'm so nervous! i hope we get acceptances!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm

TookDaBait wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:

I can't imagine that this would happen with either a waitlist or a reject (why get an applicants hopes up with such a promising list just to give them bad news), so my money is on good news or "we apologize for the glitch on our status checkers, we'll be contacting all pending applicants withing the next month...". Fingers crossed for you that it's the former!

perplexedconfused

New

Post by perplexedconfused » Mon May 20, 2013 3:27 pm

TookDaBait wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:

Mine is like that as well, and I received an acceptance phone call on Friday. Good luck! :)

TookDaBait

New

Post by TookDaBait » Mon May 20, 2013 3:29 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:
TookDaBait wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:

Mine is like that as well, and I received an acceptance phone call on Friday. Good luck! :)
thanks for stopping by again and giving us some more hope!!

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 3:30 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:
TookDaBait wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:

Now there's the vote of confidence... thanks! And congrats! Did they mention scholarships over the phone or say that it would be coming in the mail. I've got a big decision to make before a deposit deadline this Wednesday that already has my head spinning and it would be hugely helpful to know what (if any... and if I'm even in, hah) they're offering before then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Also, it looks like there's been three waitlist updates on LSN within the last hour... hopefully this also is a sign that our emails are the next batch to go out and that we dodged the waitlist.

TookDaBait

New

Post by TookDaBait » Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 pm

that would be great!

Coconut.

New

Post by Coconut. » Mon May 20, 2013 3:55 pm

I was waitlisted this morning, and don't have any of those new options on my ASU profile, so I am betting that you two have been accepted! Congratulations (hopefully *fingers crossed*)!

Please promptly withdraw once you receive a formal offer :lol: .

perplexedconfused

New

Post by perplexedconfused » Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Thank you! She told me to expect a packet this week via mail.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Coconut. wrote:I was waitlisted this morning, and don't have any of those new options on my ASU profile, so I am betting that you two have been accepted! Congratulations (hopefully *fingers crossed*)!

Please promptly withdraw once you receive a formal offer :lol: .
Thanks for taking the time to let us know and good luck on your wait! If indeed it is an acceptance, I'll be sure to make my decision lightning-fast, so hopefully you'll be seeing some waitlist movement sooner rather than later. Also, I'd guess that ASU is being a bit more cautious with over-admitting since they shot up the rankings the past few years. Given that students seem to be overreacting to yearly dips and bumps in the rankings, maybe this years mini-drop to 29 will make them go to the waitlist more than last year. Admittedly, I'm basing that on a whole lot of nothing, but hey, we're being optimistic here, right? Either way, thanks again, get in that LoCI, and best of luck!

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm in via email, how cool!

Does anyone know if they would be willing to email a packet or share an offer over the phone or is that a definite no? I'm going to ask anyhow, but figured someone here might have success. I have a deposit this week that would set the bar for ASU a bit higher if I were to submit. Hope others have good news as well!

perplexedconfused

New

Post by perplexedconfused » Mon May 20, 2013 5:55 pm

crossingfingers wrote:I'm in via email, how cool!

Does anyone know if they would be willing to email a packet or share an offer over the phone or is that a definite no? I'm going to ask anyhow, but figured someone here might have success. I have a deposit this week that would set the bar for ASU a bit higher if I were to submit. Hope others have good news as well!
Are you in AZ? I have heard that in the past they have allowed people to pick up their packets at the admissions office... I have not asked though.

crossingfingers

Bronze

Post by crossingfingers » Mon May 20, 2013 6:13 pm

perplexedconfused wrote:
crossingfingers wrote:I'm in via email, how cool!

Are you in AZ? I have heard that in the past they have allowed people to pick up their packets at the admissions office... I have not asked though.
I'm not... Bay Area. I just sent what I hope is a carefully worded email in response asking if there is any way that I could receive details before Wednesday. I hate to have to ask but given the size of the deposit that I have to make, it could actually be a factor in accepting an ASU offer. I don't really see the benefit to only providing this information via mail, but we'll see.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TookDaBait

New

Post by TookDaBait » Mon May 20, 2013 6:36 pm

In via e-mail! Will definitely be going to ASU Law, although I got the full $$$ at PSL. I'm from Phoenix too!!!

Lint007

New

Post by Lint007 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Just got waitlisted this morning. Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or approx. how many people are wait listed?

chem!

Platinum

Post by chem! » Mon May 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Got an acceptance email today.

TookDaBait

New

Post by TookDaBait » Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 pm

I just made a facebook group for the c/o 2016...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/161793057325144/

It would be awesome if everyone joined in !

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kitty1990

New

Post by kitty1990 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am

Lint007 wrote:Just got waitlisted this morning. Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or approx. how many people are wait listed?
I'm not sure, but I'm also curious. I also joined the wait list in May. My status updated June 11th saying "Accepted offer to join Waiting List"

Coconut.

New

Post by Coconut. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:45 pm

kitty1990 wrote:
Lint007 wrote:Just got waitlisted this morning. Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or approx. how many people are wait listed?
I'm not sure, but I'm also curious. I also joined the wait list in May. My status updated June 11th saying "Accepted offer to join Waiting List"
I read somewhere that it is not ranked, but I can't remember where. I have no idea how many other unfortunate souls were waitlisted though, haha.

eomea5

Bronze

Post by eomea5 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am

anyone know any details about this 'letter of intent'? does it require you to withdraw waitlists in order to receive the financial aid package?

keviiiiiiiiiiiin

New

Post by keviiiiiiiiiiiin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Should have posted this sooner, but I got this email from them a couple weeks ago. Hit 'em up for more money.

"Although we had sincere hopes that you would join us at the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University this fall, we have not received your acceptance of our offer of admission. We have had some exciting developments in the past few months at ASU and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Most relevant to students entering law school this fall, our dean has made available additional scholarship funds. I was so disappointed to find that you had not accepted our offer of admission, and with this latest news about our scholarship budget, I thought it worthwhile to contact you one more time. If you have any hesitation about your final choice for enrollment this fall and ASU remains on your mind, I would love to hear from you and discuss a more competitive scholarship offer."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”