University of Washington c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HuskyHopefull3

New

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Post by HuskyHopefull3 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

fosterp wrote:1L at UW here. If you guys have any questions about UW I would love to have an excuse to take a break from studying to answer.
I'm really interested in UW. What's the social scene like? I've heard it's a lot like high school.

gerbear87

New

Post by gerbear87 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm

bigfootseattle wrote:Anyone here still on the waitlist and an instate student? I want to hear your thoughts on waiting out the waitlist.
bigfootseattle wrote:Anyone here still on the waitlist and an instate student? I want to hear your thoughts on waiting out the waitlist.
I've been on the waitlist since mid-December and I'm in state. I'm hanging on! I got an e-mail saying they would make some decisions in late-May after they sort out who paid the deposit by May 1st.

eomea5

Bronze

Post by eomea5 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 pm

withdrew today. good luck to those on the waitlist!

racmyers23

New

Post by racmyers23 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Is there anyone else who is still on the waitlist who can confirm whether their status checker has updated to a May 1st date? I was looking at the 2015 thread and saw that waitlisted people who responded to the survey in late April had their status updated...mine hasn't so I'm hoping that doesn't mean my survey response didn't register for some reason. Maybe I'm paranoid...

jamesbrf

New

Post by jamesbrf » Sat May 04, 2013 2:33 pm

racmyers23 wrote:Is there anyone else who is still on the waitlist who can confirm whether their status checker has updated to a May 1st date? I was looking at the 2015 thread and saw that waitlisted people who responded to the survey in late April had their status updated...mine hasn't so I'm hoping that doesn't mean my survey response didn't register for some reason. Maybe I'm paranoid...
I filled out the survey and mine didn't update either, it still says Decision 12/21. I'm not sure why some statuses updated and others didn't. I am sure it is not anything to worry about. I remember getting to the end of the survey and reading "thank you for taking our survey... If you would like free money take more of our surveys." Or something like that (from the survey service not from UW, though maybe that is how UW gives out scholarships to those of us on the waitlist :wink: ). Good luck racmyers23! Hopefully we will all here back soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

racmyers23

New

Post by racmyers23 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:11 pm

jamesbrf wrote:
racmyers23 wrote:Is there anyone else who is still on the waitlist who can confirm whether their status checker has updated to a May 1st date? I was looking at the 2015 thread and saw that waitlisted people who responded to the survey in late April had their status updated...mine hasn't so I'm hoping that doesn't mean my survey response didn't register for some reason. Maybe I'm paranoid...
I filled out the survey and mine didn't update either, it still says Decision 12/21. I'm not sure why some statuses updated and others didn't. I am sure it is not anything to worry about. I remember getting to the end of the survey and reading "thank you for taking our survey... If you would like free money take more of our surveys." Or something like that (from the survey service not from UW, though maybe that is how UW gives out scholarships to those of us on the waitlist :wink: ). Good luck racmyers23! Hopefully we will all here back soon.

Thanks! Good luck to you too! I could not for the life of me remember whether or not it submitted because I did it through my phone, but now that you mention the part about the money I do...my initial reaction was something along the lines of "welp... debt... I'll be back in three years probably."

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Accepted via waitlist via phone call. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

bigfootseattle

New

Post by bigfootseattle » Tue May 07, 2013 3:59 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:Accepted via waitlist via phone call. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
ME TOO!!!! I'm pretty pumped. Are you a Washington resident?

postard

Bronze

Post by postard » Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm

I did not send in my deposit, but just received an update to my scholarship offer to 20k/year. Does this mean they extended my deadline...? I am freaking out, I already accepted at Berk but had no fin aid offered.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Tue May 07, 2013 4:24 pm

bigfootseattle wrote:
No, I am not. I did tour UW and meet with Dean Le last month, however. If money was equal to my current choice, I'd be out in a second. But I just don't know. Gonna be expensive!

jamesbrf

New

Post by jamesbrf » Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
bigfootseattle wrote:
No, I am not. I did tour UW and meet with Dean Le last month, however. If money was equal to my current choice, I'd be out in a second. But I just don't know. Gonna be expensive!
Congratulations wiseman and bigfoot! I am in too via phone call! Also non-resident for tuition purposes even though I have lived in Seattle since last April. Hopefully we will hear back on scholarships soon!

Good luck to those still waiting!

bigfootseattle

New

Post by bigfootseattle » Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Anybody know how much the seat deposit is?

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 pm

bigfootseattle wrote:Anybody know how much the seat deposit is?
$500

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FreddyMcFly

New

Post by FreddyMcFly » Thu May 09, 2013 5:03 pm

jamesbrf wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:
bigfootseattle wrote:
Congratulations wiseman and bigfoot! I am in too via phone call! Also non-resident for tuition purposes even though I have lived in Seattle since last April. Hopefully we will hear back on scholarships soon!

Good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats to all 3 of you!

I'm still waitlisted and desperately want/need in. I'm a 166/3.07.

James and Bigfoot do you mind sharing your stats?

I live about a mile away from campus, took a visit, and wrote a follow-up LOCI right before the May 1st deposit date.

Think I have any chance of getting in at this point or am I out of luck since they obviously made offers a couple days ago?

jamesbrf

New

Post by jamesbrf » Thu May 09, 2013 5:45 pm

FreddyMcFly wrote:Congrats to all 3 of you!

I live about a mile away from campus, took a visit, and wrote a follow-up LOCI right before the May 1st deposit date.

Think I have any chance of getting in at this point or am I out of luck since they obviously made offers a couple days ago?
Thanks Freddy! My numbers are as follows: 164, 3.15. Strong softs. I would say you are not out of luck yet. There is still plenty of time for you to get in. I think they are still waiting on responses from people who were admitted before the deposit deadline. Good luck, I hope you make it!

bigfootseattle

New

Post by bigfootseattle » Fri May 10, 2013 12:23 am

Congrats to all 3 of you!

Think I have any chance of getting in at this point or am I out of luck since they obviously made offers a couple days ago?[/quote]

Thanks! My stats are 161 3.71, with strong softs. I wrote a LOCI about a month and a half ago. I am instate as well. Where exactly do you live? My undergrad is out of state but I will be living in Kirkland after I graduate.

FreddyMcFly

New

Post by FreddyMcFly » Fri May 10, 2013 4:07 am

bigfootseattle wrote:Congrats to all 3 of you!

Thanks! My stats are 161 3.71, with strong softs. I wrote a LOCI about a month and a half ago. I am instate as well. Where exactly do you live? My undergrad is out of state but I will be living in Kirkland after I graduate.[/quote]

Thanks to both you and James for sharing. I've been maybe foolishly optimistic ever since I was waitlisted and it's starting to fade, but I guess I'll continue to try and stay positive.

I live in Wallingford, I'm literally a block off 45th. I've been in the Greater Seattle area for 5 years now, and Washington my whole life. Lived in Kirkland for a little over a year. It's great this time of year, especially if you're walking distance to downtown. I moved from there to Seattle two years ago, and can't imagine not living in one of the Seattle neighborhoods now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Wed May 15, 2013 11:24 am

Withdrew my acceptance via the waitlist, so I'm just keeping the dream alive for others still waiting. Also, I was offered a $15,000 scholarship off of the waitlist for anyone who is curious. I still couldn't justify the absurd OOS tuition compared to the amazingly cheap tuition/scholarships at Utah.

Was a very hard thing to do, considering UW was my definite dream school! Best of luck to you guys, and have an amazing 1L!

FreddyMcFly

New

Post by FreddyMcFly » Wed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Just got a phone call and accepted their offer on the phone!!! No scholarship, but if I didn't go to UW it would have been Seattle U for me. So I was absolutely ready to go at full sticker.

Thanks Wiseman, sounds like I may have gotten the spot you passed up on.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm

FreddyMcFly wrote:Just got a phone call and accepted their offer on the phone!!! No scholarship, but if I didn't go to UW it would have been Seattle U for me. So I was absolutely ready to go at full sticker.

Thanks Wiseman, sounds like I may have gotten the spot you passed up on.
Right on! So I'll pm you the address where you can send me a case of beer... :lol: Congrats man.

justwaitinguw

New

Post by justwaitinguw » Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Congrats! I am currently on the waitlist and have been injected with some optimism! I am a long shot (162, 3.54) but being a resident and uw alum I can't picture going anywhere else.
I think wiseman deserves a couple Mac and Jack growlers sent his way!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

b123

Bronze

Post by b123 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm

So I withdrew (or at least thought I did) a week or two ago (never put down a seat deposit) and got a letter in the mail stating that my award has been changed. How do I access MyUW? I can't remember creating an account for it.

onionskin

Bronze

Post by onionskin » Sat May 18, 2013 6:25 am

In via email but with no deposit details. I replied asking how I could secure my place and they wrote back asking for a check or money order to be mailed in; no deadline and no online payment??

racmyers23

New

Post by racmyers23 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I was accepted off the waitlist via phone call this past week and have received an email with the address for where to send my deposit. No info on fin aid. I can't fathom sending a deposit without at least evaluating that little aspect..For any of the people who were let off of the waitlist, how were you notified of your aid package?

jamesbrf

New

Post by jamesbrf » Mon May 20, 2013 12:56 am

Admitted on the 7th from the wait list. Was given a deadline of the 15th for seat deposit. I still haven't heard about financial aid. I paid my seat deposit so, hopefully we will all hear back soon.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”