University of Washington c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jamesbrf

New

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Post by jamesbrf » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Gustave wrote:jamesbrf wrote:
So I checked LSN today and there is someone who is says they were accepted already. If they didn't mean to select WUSL but selected UW by mistake, it could mean we will hear back sometime soon. Unless UW adcom has today off. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

I know the guy (Krister) IRL and can confirm that he was accepted. Let's get excited, people!
That's very good to hear! Did he hear back via email, phone call or both? What should we expect?

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:28 pm

jamesbrf wrote:
Gustave wrote:jamesbrf wrote:
So I checked LSN today and there is someone who is says they were accepted already. If they didn't mean to select WUSL but selected UW by mistake, it could mean we will hear back sometime soon. Unless UW adcom has today off. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

I know the guy (Krister) IRL and can confirm that he was accepted. Let's get excited, people!
That's very good to hear! Did he hear back via email, phone call or both? What should we expect?
Krister/Gustave:

Pls ask Krister if he is in/out of state, when he applied, and when/how he found out, and whether his status checker changed .... his LSN account says very little and it looks like he's known for 7-8 days that he was accepted. He is the *only* one I know of, or or offline, who has heard a word from UW. Dying to have some more info!

filmoreslice

New

Post by filmoreslice » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Checking in, too.

I finally applied today after waiting for a merit fee waiver code. I'm out of state, 3.62/166/non-URM. I've always wanted to live in Seattle, so this would be as good of an excuse to move as any and it's by far the highest-ranking school I applied to.

Good luck to all of us!

Gustave

New

Post by Gustave » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Pls ask Krister if he is in/out of state Dying to have some more info!
he is in state... I'll see if I can investigate the rest.

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Gustave wrote:
U r the man

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gustave

New

Post by Gustave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 pm

kingsfield69 wrote:
Gustave wrote:
He applied October 3rd and heard back on November 15th at 7 PM via e-mail.

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Gustave wrote:
kingsfield69 wrote:
Gustave wrote:
He applied October 3rd and heard back on November 15th at 7 PM via e-mail.
Excellent -- appreciate that. Hard to draw a conclusion from it ... the absence of any other updates along with Krister's numbers suggests he is a "special case" and it's not yet time for waves of decisions. But perhaps this week....based on last year's timeline and the fact he (and presumably a few others) have received word, seems reasonable.

Thanks again and good luck!

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm

In review today. Hopefully we'll hear something by next month.

BlazersTime

Bronze

Post by BlazersTime » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Also in review as of today. Nice to at least see the wheels moving forward

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rhcp47

New

Post by rhcp47 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Ditto on being in review as of today, good luck everyone!

postard

Bronze

Post by postard » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 am

Also review today. Let's do this!

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 am

In review now as well. Good luck everyone!

kingsfield69

Bronze

Post by kingsfield69 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 am

A new batch going in to review could mean those In Review since 10/31 are about to receive decisions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

havanese11

New

Post by havanese11 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:05 am

kingsfield69 wrote:A new batch going in to review could mean those In Review since 10/31 are about to receive decisions.
I sure hope so!

smartin1532

New

Post by smartin1532 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 am

Also in review! Woot!

mathais43

New

Post by mathais43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Checking in! Submitted 11/15, UR 11/27. Good luck to all!

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:26 am

1L at UW here. If you guys have any questions about UW I would love to have an excuse to take a break from studying to answer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

red8aron

New

Post by red8aron » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 am

Gustave wrote:Overall, Seattle's a very livable city with low crime and ok schools. Also, Macklemore.
Macklemore Rocks! On the note of music, are there many good music joints near UW and how efficient is public transportation to get between the school and these location.

NavyOfficer23

New

Post by NavyOfficer23 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Also "In Review" on 11/27

Aloyicious

New

Post by Aloyicious » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:07 pm

red8aron wrote:
Gustave wrote:Overall, Seattle's a very livable city with low crime and ok schools. Also, Macklemore.
Macklemore Rocks! On the note of music, are there many good music joints near UW and how efficient is public transportation to get between the school and these location.

The Neptune is right by the University, which is one of the larger music venues in Seattle.

The public transportation is decent depending on where you live. I live on Capitol Hill (hipster, LGBTQ neighborhood) and it is really easy to get to campus. I've also lived in the neighborhoods right by the University District and the buses are fine when going to the University. However, buses to and from other locations are never on time if they come at all.

red8aron

New

Post by red8aron » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Aloyicious wrote:
red8aron wrote:

The Neptune is right by the University, which is one of the larger music venues in Seattle.

The public transportation is decent depending on where you live. I live on Capitol Hill (hipster, LGBTQ neighborhood) and it is really easy to get to campus. I've also lived in the neighborhoods right by the University District and the buses are fine when going to the University. However, buses to and from other locations are never on time if they come at all.
Thanks, Do you think a car is useful? I have family in the Puyallup/Tacoma area. Would it be viable to leave a car in that area for any rare occasion that I would need it (take the train down to get it), is it reasonable to keep one on campus or is it better to just forgo a car altogether and deal with the idiosyncrasies of public transportation?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Aloyicious

New

Post by Aloyicious » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:53 pm

red8aron wrote:
Aloyicious wrote:
red8aron wrote:

Thanks, Do you think a car is useful? I have family in the Puyallup/Tacoma area. Would it be viable to leave a car in that area for any rare occasion that I would need it (take the train down to get it), is it reasonable to keep one on campus or is it better to just forgo a car altogether and deal with the idiosyncrasies of public transportation?

If you are outdoors inclined then having a car that is easily accessible is great. However, if you live in the University District and don't have a parking spot that comes with your apartment, parking is a nightmare. That said, parking on Capitol Hill can be difficult as well (and for that and other reasons is why I do not have a car here). I have many friends who have cars but ensure that where they live comes with parking. If you do not have that option and want a car for hiking/camping adventures (or for other things), then I would leave it in Puyallup/Tacoma and get it when you need it. For errands, I just walk to my grocery store and shop, which is the norm with most people I know.

red8aron

New

Post by red8aron » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Aloyicious wrote: If you are outdoors inclined then having a car that is easily accessible is great. However, if you live in the University District and don't have a parking spot that comes with your apartment, parking is a nightmare. That said, parking on Capitol Hill can be difficult as well (and for that and other reasons is why I do not have a car here). I have many friends who have cars but ensure that where they live comes with parking. If you do not have that option and want a car for hiking/camping adventures (or for other things), then I would leave it in Puyallup/Tacoma and get it when you need it. For errands, I just walk to my grocery store and shop, which is the norm with most people I know.
Thanks

viksn1

New

Post by viksn1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:23 am

Hey all, I was under review on 10/31 and my status changed to "decision" today.

It was my first time in Seattle today. Loved the campus and city in general. I'll report back once I get the email!

Aloyicious

New

Post by Aloyicious » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 am

viksn1 wrote:Hey all, I was under review on 10/31 and my status changed to "decision" today.

It was my first time in Seattle today. Loved the campus and city in general. I'll report back once I get the email!
Good luck!!! FYI, this is the norm for Seattle weather. I hope you like the rain!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”