University of Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dproduct

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 am

FreddyMcFly wrote:I was waitlisted on Jan. 25th. This is my second cycle, but last year only applied to Seattle U, DePaul, and Chicago Kent ITT and was accepted to each. Still figuring out the whole law school admissions game and process. The email (same boilerplate response as described earlier) mentions they will start getting back to W/Ls "mid-May". UW would be my clear first choice at this point, and I would have no problem paying full tuition over my other scholarship offers. Obviously I'm going to need to make a deposit elsewhere (as most have April 15th due dates) in the meantime, but does anyone know or have previous experience getting accepted off a waitlist or being waitlisted at UW? How many W/Ls they typically send out? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I am still holding out some hope, but probably need to mentally prepare for moving from Seattle.

I'm really sorry Freddy. My hope for you is that enough people withdraw and Udub can snag you up a little faster. I would send a LOCI stating the above. Make them know you are 100% serious about attending and WOULD definitely attend upon admittance.

BeatenHorse

Postby BeatenHorse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:58 am

Can someone who was waitlisted tell us what their status checklist says? Mine also updated to show a "Deposit paid" check box.

BeatenHorse

Postby BeatenHorse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 am

Woohoo, in!

They sent the email at almost 10:00 PM, and my phone still hasn't grabbed it from the server for some reason. Got home from visiting friends and found it.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 am

Congrats Horse :D

eomea5

Postby eomea5 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 am

just accepted today via email! complete 1/16, UR 1/18.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:02 am

LOL at the 1am emails!!! Grats everyone :)

ALgooner

Postby ALgooner » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 am

I'm in, too! Congrats everyone!

mehh

Postby mehh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 pm

md22 wrote:Wow, just got WL. Email says the admissions committee made a "favorable recommendation" but they still wait listed me. Well then!

That's what they said to me too... weird. whateva. punks.

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Need a bit of advice: Waitlisted, top choice of UW. I've been before and seen the school and Seattle, and I love it. I am returning to Seattle in three weeks and decided to get a tour of the school as well as meet with some people in admissions. But, my question is when (if at all) I should submit a LOCI? Should I do it before I meet with them? Should I do it after and talk about how awesome my visit was? Help, thank you.

BeatenHorse

Postby BeatenHorse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Definitely submit a LOCI.

No guarantee it will help, but it likely won't hurt things. When I was waitlisted last year I sent them an email containing a LOCI the next day.

The admissions person I talked to last year told me to keep it around a page, other than that the guidelines were pretty slim.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 pm

question for those of you admitted:

1) have you guys received anything in the mail yet? I am esp curious about the scholarship info

2) Is writing that 500 word scholarship essay the only way to get $$$ from UW? or is it not connected to merit aid that usually comes with admissions docs?

thanks!

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm

99.9luft wrote:question for those of you admitted:

1) have you guys received anything in the mail yet? I am esp curious about the scholarship info

2) Is writing that 500 word scholarship essay the only way to get $$$ from UW? or is it not connected to merit aid that usually comes with admissions docs?

thanks!

1) no

2) and I think so... ugh... the biography part is STILL killing me. I'm going to submit it this week.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm

dproduct wrote:

thanks!

1) no

2) and I think so... ugh... the biography part is STILL killing me. I'm going to submit it this week.

thanks! yeah i am def. not looking forward to MORE writing. why do they think they are such special snowflakes?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 pm

99.9luft wrote:
dproduct wrote:

thanks!

1) no

thanks! yeah i am def. not looking forward to MORE writing. why do they think they are such special snowflakes?

It's not as if anything we're going to say wasn't in our app. I think it may just to test commitment.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

dproduct wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
dproduct wrote:

thanks!

1) no

It's not as if anything we're going to say wasn't in our app. I think it may just to test commitment.

exactly

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 am

Kind of cool getting an email and everything.

GM544

Postby GM544 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 am

dproduct wrote:Kind of cool getting an email and everything.

:?
Um...what?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 am

GM544 wrote:

Um...what?

Sorry, should have prefaced that with: I received a package today from U-Dub with information on how to gain access to my email@u.washington.edu. From this interface you can access your financial aid and the like. It also came with the forms necessary to accept an offer of admission.

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Booked my flight to go tour and meet with admissions in April. Looking forward to it. Also, if anyone is a hypnotist or something similar, I need to learn some tricks to work some magic to get off of the waitlist.

GM544

Postby GM544 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 pm

dproduct wrote:
GM544 wrote:

Um...what?

Sorry, should have prefaced that with: I received a package today from U-Dub with information on how to gain access to my email@u.washington.edu. From this interface you can access your financial aid and the like. It also came with the forms necessary to accept an offer of admission.

I want that package! How do I get that package???

GM544

Postby GM544 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:16 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:Booked my flight to go tour and meet with admissions in April. Looking forward to it. Also, if anyone is a hypnotist or something similar, I need to learn some tricks to work some magic to get off of the waitlist.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

When I visited UW, the assistant director led the tour and she really emphasized how important it was that your application show WHY you are interested in UW specifically. It seems like you're doing all the right things by staying in contact and demonstrating serious interest.

And (I hate it when people say this, but...) have you thought about retaking the June LSAT? It can't hurt. And a higher score could potentially be enough to bump you off the waitlist.

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm

GM544 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:Booked my flight to go tour and meet with admissions in April. Looking forward to it. Also, if anyone is a hypnotist or something similar, I need to learn some tricks to work some magic to get off of the waitlist.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

When I visited UW, the assistant director led the tour and she really emphasized how important it was that your application show WHY you are interested in UW specifically. It seems like you're doing all the right things by staying in contact and demonstrating serious interest.

And (I hate it when people say this, but...) have you thought about retaking the June LSAT? It can't hurt. And a higher score could potentially be enough to bump you off the waitlist.

Yeah, after the visit I plan on writing an awesome LOCI about the reasons why I would be a great candidate for UW rather than take an offer at another another school.

About the LSAT: looks like nearly no one got off of the WL from TLS last cycle, but those who did mostly heard back in the second week in May. I will ask the admission counselor I meet with what he/she thinks is the best course of action. I don't think the June LSAT would benefit my situation. But it never hurts to ask.

bigfootseattle

Postby bigfootseattle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Waitlisted...............But I am an in-state student and will be able to live at home if I do end up getting in, so a scholly isn't a super big deal.

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am

1L at UW here. If any of you guys have any questions about the school I would be happy to answer!

johnsbren

Postby johnsbren » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:34 pm

fosterp wrote:1L at UW here. If any of you guys have any questions about the school I would be happy to answer!

I was wondering when we'll start hearing back about scholarships and financial aid. When was it for you?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”