University of Washington c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm

My complete date changed to 2/4. Anyone else?

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:My complete date changed to 2/4. Anyone else?

Complete or UR?

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm

teiswei wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:My complete date changed to 2/4. Anyone else?

Complete or UR?


Whoops sry under review changed to 2/4. Was looking at another status checker at the same time

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
teiswei wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:My complete date changed to 2/4. Anyone else?

Complete or UR?


Whoops sry under review changed to 2/4. Was looking at another status checker at the same time

Still 1/18/2013 for me :(

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:48 pm

StLNE wrote:WL last Friday. 168/3.26, 4 years of WE.


Washington is in a spot to be turning down 168s?

User avatar
StLNE
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby StLNE » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:56 pm

romanticegotist wrote:
StLNE wrote:WL last Friday. 168/3.26, 4 years of WE.


Washington is in a spot to be turning down 168s?


I'm from the midwest and don't really have any ties to the area, so that might have played against me. I was still pretty surprised to be honest. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

User avatar
romanticegotist
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby romanticegotist » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 pm

StLNE wrote:
romanticegotist wrote:
StLNE wrote:WL last Friday. 168/3.26, 4 years of WE.


Washington is in a spot to be turning down 168s?


I'm from the midwest and don't really have any ties to the area, so that might have played against me. I was still pretty surprised to be honest. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.


Well if are still happy w/ the midwest you would get good money at Minnesota...they love a splitter. good luck!

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Hoping for a decision tomorrow! Looks like they've released a lot of decisions the past two Fridays.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Hoping for a decision tomorrow! Looks like they've released a lot of decisions the past two Fridays.

Their twitter says, "@UWLawAdmissions: We're done updating decisions for the evening! Until next Friday, have a great weekend--Go Huskies!"

ETA: that was last Friday so I think you're correct.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:46 am

Already received confirmation about my FAFSA. That was quick. Anyone finished up applying for financial aid? I'm kinda stuck on my essay. I don't want to regurgitate my PS and Diversity Statement... but I kinda feel I have to :/

eomea5
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby eomea5 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:48 am

dproduct wrote:Already received confirmation about my FAFSA. That was quick. Anyone finished up applying for financial aid? I'm kinda stuck on my essay. I don't want to regurgitate my PS and Diversity Statement... but I kinda feel I have to :/


got that same email just now. still waiting on an admissions decision, however.

yednock
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby yednock » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 am

.
Last edited by yednock on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby md22 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 pm

So...there will be some movement today?

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm

md22 wrote:So...there will be some movement today?


Hope so...my complete date changed this week so I'm hoping to hear something today.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
md22 wrote:So...there will be some movement today?


Hope so...my complete date changed this week so I'm hoping to hear something today.

Do you recall your original date?

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 pm

teiswei wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
md22 wrote:So...there will be some movement today?


Hope so...my complete date changed this week so I'm hoping to hear something today.

Do you recall your original date?


Yeah, I believe it was 1/18.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:05 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
teiswei wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
md22 wrote:So...there will be some movement today?


Hope so...my complete date changed this week so I'm hoping to hear something today.

Do you recall your original date?


Yeah, I believe it was 1/18.

Dang... That's my date and I didn't get an update.

eomea5
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby eomea5 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm

same here. complete 1/18, no change this week.

ETA: my bad. i've been "in review" since 1/18, not complete.
Last edited by eomea5 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 pm

eomea5 wrote:same here. complete 1/18, no change this week.


Hmm I'm so surprised. I wonder if it's a good or a bad thing...

User avatar
ALgooner
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby ALgooner » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:11 pm

1/18 is my date as well and I didn't receive an update. :(

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 pm

yednock wrote:
dproduct wrote:Already received confirmation about my FAFSA. That was quick. Anyone finished up applying for financial aid? I'm kinda stuck on my essay. I don't want to regurgitate my PS and Diversity Statement... but I kinda feel I have to :/


I already submitted FAFSA and Scholarship app in hopes of securing some long-shot funding. I would send you my essay if I could find what I did with it. 500 words is not a lot of space, so I only spent one line on academic stuff (honors/LSAT/gpa) since they already have that info. I used most of the space to expand on demonstrated leadership in my local communities as evidenced through work experience and tried to make a case that UW would benefit from having me around, outside of academic potential. I tried to tie my essay to UW's culture specifically based on my 2010 visit so it didn't sound like a generic request.

I also addressed their question about financial need- seems like it is important, especially for those of us who have been working and are totally financially independent, to paint a picture outside of your FAFSA EFC.


Going to finish mine up today! Thanks for the response :)

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby md22 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm UR as of 1/7/13. Hoping to see some signs of life today!

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

md22 wrote:I'm UR as of 1/7/13. Hoping to see some signs of life today!


Last week they tweeted that they were releasing decisions at 12:45 PST.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby md22 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
md22 wrote:I'm UR as of 1/7/13. Hoping to see some signs of life today!


Last week they tweeted that they were releasing decisions at 12:45 PST.


:shock:

Too soon, too soon. I'm not ready.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Hopefully today brings good news to everyone! I'm crossing my fingers.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcamino4, Exabot [Bot], kdonohue, LtotheB, mav1993, pkalltheway, Pomegranate27, Smc1994, SNightHighlights, spursforever and 29 guests