University of Washington c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fosterp

Bronze

Re: University of Washington c/o 2016

Post by fosterp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 pm

johnsbren wrote:
fosterp wrote:1L at UW here. If any of you guys have any questions about the school I would be happy to answer!
I was wondering when we'll start hearing back about scholarships and financial aid. When was it for you?
I didn't receive any scholarships, but I believe they ask for you to write an additional essay to be considered for merit money. Make sure you don't wait on this as they start offering money before that deadline so there may not be any left by the time you apply. The deadline for that last year was April 15. If you are accepted they should send some information about that in the acceptance email.

UW has a reputation for being REALLY slow when it comes to getting financial aid info out. I remember some people still hadn't received their financial aid statements well until the middle of september just a few weeks before orientation.

Also the FAFSA deadline for UW is tomorrow so if you have any intention to go you should get that out now!

johnsbren

New

Post by johnsbren » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:52 pm

fosterp wrote:
johnsbren wrote:
fosterp wrote:1L at UW here. If any of you guys have any questions about the school I would be happy to answer!
I was wondering when we'll start hearing back about scholarships and financial aid. When was it for you?
I didn't receive any scholarships, but I believe they ask for you to write an additional essay to be considered for merit money. Make sure you don't wait on this as they start offering money before that deadline so there may not be any left by the time you apply. The deadline for that last year was April 15. If you are accepted they should send some information about that in the acceptance email.

UW has a reputation for being REALLY slow when it comes to getting financial aid info out. I remember some people still hadn't received their financial aid statements well until the middle of september just a few weeks before orientation.

Also the FAFSA deadline for UW is tomorrow so if you have any intention to go you should get that out now!
Thanks a ton! I've already filled out the FAFSA and completed the scholarship application, I was just wondering when we might hear back on it.

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:01 pm

johnsbren wrote:
fosterp wrote:
johnsbren wrote:

Thanks a ton! I've already filled out the FAFSA and completed the scholarship application, I was just wondering when we might hear back on it.
I received the scholarship rejection on 4/18, 3 days after the deadline. I don't remember when I submitted but it was very close to the deadline.

pannekoeken

New

Post by pannekoeken » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Just got an email regarding my scholarship... it is much less than I was hoping for and I have much higher scholarships elsewhere. Does it make sense to even try to negotiate or just give up on UW? I noticed on LSN that it seems that UW is pretty stingy but I do really like the school and most of my family is from the area...

intlsplitr

Bronze

Post by intlsplitr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:39 pm

pannekoeken wrote:Just got an email regarding my scholarship... it is much less than I was hoping for and I have much higher scholarships elsewhere. Does it make sense to even try to negotiate or just give up on UW? I noticed on LSN that it seems that UW is pretty stingy but I do really like the school and most of my family is from the area...
It can't hurt to try to negotiate. You won't get anything more it you don't try!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NIUmelk

New

Post by NIUmelk » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Anybody hear a decision recently? I'm gettin antsy :shock:

The Best Username

New

Post by The Best Username » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 pm

pannekoeken wrote:Just got an email regarding my scholarship... it is much less than I was hoping for and I have much higher scholarships elsewhere. Does it make sense to even try to negotiate or just give up on UW? I noticed on LSN that it seems that UW is pretty stingy but I do really like the school and most of my family is from the area...
Give it a try, it can't hurt! When did you submit your scholarship application?

pannekoeken

New

Post by pannekoeken » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:03 pm

The Best Username wrote:
To be 100% honest I don't even remember, but I want to say early-mid January. So hopefully everyone else who submitted around then should start hearing back soon! I'm also out of state, if that even means anything.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 pm

pannekoeken wrote:
The Best Username wrote:
To be 100% honest I don't even remember, but I want to say early-mid January. So hopefully everyone else who submitted around then should start hearing back soon! I'm also out of state, if that even means anything.
Oh lord... I just submitted mine last week. Gonna be a LONG wait it seems. :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yednock

New

Post by yednock » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 am

I also received my scholarship offer last night, I would have submitted my application around the first weekend of February.

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Hoping to find out a decision tomorrow...just saw on Twitter that they're entering many decisions this Friday afternoon.

ALgooner

Bronze

Post by ALgooner » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Hoping some of you get good news today!

Does anyone know if UW reimburses travel expenses for ASW? I really want to go, but plane tickets are like $500! I looked around their website but didn't see anything mentioning it. Kind of doubt they do.

eomea5

Bronze

Post by eomea5 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:17 pm

ALgooner wrote:Hoping some of you get good news today!

Does anyone know if UW reimburses travel expenses for ASW? I really want to go, but plane tickets are like $500! I looked around their website but didn't see anything mentioning it. Kind of doubt they do.
east coaster here in similar situation. i emailed them about that. they do not reimburse / give out stipends, unfortunately. they just offer special rates at nearby hotels - however the special rates are not much cheaper (maybe 5 bucks or so) than rates for the same hotels on kayak or priceline.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

splitter165

New

Post by splitter165 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Status checker updated to "decision." Let the waiting commence.

JaviSTB

Silver

Post by JaviSTB » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

splitter165 wrote:Status checker updated to "decision." Let the waiting commence.
Same!

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 pm

same here. aaaahhh panic time

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh my me too! ............

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:48 pm

StillIll wrote:Oh my me too! ............
how long has this taken in the past?

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:49 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
a few hours. do you guys have boxes for the deposit?

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:07 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
no is that bad?

splitter165

New

Post by splitter165 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:08 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
no is that bad?

I don't either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

StillIll

Bronze

Post by StillIll » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Ok I don't either

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:12 pm

StillIll wrote:Ok I don't either
then we're all rejected or it means nada lol

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Boxes are good, from what I've heard. No boxes here, got WL'ed. It's probably a major conspiracy theory. Best of luck!

ALgooner

Bronze

Post by ALgooner » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm

The deposit box appeared like 4 hours after my status changed to decision. I got the admit email a couple hours after that. Just FYI, y'all may be waiting a while. I didn't get my admit email until around 11pm (central).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”