Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dimitri
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Dimitri » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:12 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:Just got my link to apply for scholarship money.


I'm curious, did you receive it in the new .fsu email they made for you or in the email address you used to apply with?

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Anyone gone under review yet? This is getting crazy :roll:

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby seancris » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:42 pm

slawww wrote:Anyone gone under review yet? This is getting crazy :roll:


Nah. Pretty strange considering how quickly they were blowing through apps before Thanksgiving week. Seems like zero movement since then.

rockydbull
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:05 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby rockydbull » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 pm

seancris wrote:
slawww wrote:Anyone gone under review yet? This is getting crazy :roll:


Nah. Pretty strange considering how quickly they were blowing through apps before Thanksgiving week. Seems like zero movement since then.


They move through the apps in waves so usually 1 to 2 times a month they meet to go over them

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm

seancris wrote:
slawww wrote:Anyone gone under review yet? This is getting crazy :roll:


Nah. Pretty strange considering how quickly they were blowing through apps before Thanksgiving week. Seems like zero movement since then.


Yeah, seems like it. I thought I definitely would've heard back by now, especially after reading through last years thread & hearing about the quick turnaround.

I would think you especially would have already gotten an acceptance by now with your #'s

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 pm

rockydbull wrote:
seancris wrote:
slawww wrote:Anyone gone under review yet? This is getting crazy :roll:


Nah. Pretty strange considering how quickly they were blowing through apps before Thanksgiving week. Seems like zero movement since then.


They move through the apps in waves so usually 1 to 2 times a month they meet to go over them


They need to step their game up a bit!

Gator_Law
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:20 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Gator_Law » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Good luck everyone! My decision to go to UF was made very difficult after visiting FSU.

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Checking in late here. Accepted 10/19/12 along with a group of others on this thread it seems. FSU was one of the last schools I decided to apply to, but hearing from them first, a generous scholarship offer, and more research about the school and campus have made FSU appealing.

Best of luck to those still waiting!

patricksouthern
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby patricksouthern » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

I've still not received any info on scholarships (admitted 11/15). Should I take that to mean I'm not going to be in contention for any?

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm

patricksouthern wrote:I've still not received any info on scholarships (admitted 11/15). Should I take that to mean I'm not going to be in contention for any?


My scholarship information was on the 5th or 6th page of the packet they mailed to me. There was no information online or via email.

Dimitri
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Dimitri » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

a2blifeUIUC wrote:
patricksouthern wrote:I've still not received any info on scholarships (admitted 11/15). Should I take that to mean I'm not going to be in contention for any?


My scholarship information was on the 5th or 6th page of the packet they mailed to me. There was no information online or via email.


That's strange, I only received 4 pages none of which contained scholarship information. No e-mail yet either... I'm going to take a guess that you're applying as an out of state student?

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Still haven't gone under review yet -__-

Will reach the 3 month mark in about 2 weeks

a2blifeUIUC
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby a2blifeUIUC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Dimitri wrote:
a2blifeUIUC wrote:
patricksouthern wrote:I've still not received any info on scholarships (admitted 11/15). Should I take that to mean I'm not going to be in contention for any?


My scholarship information was on the 5th or 6th page of the packet they mailed to me. There was no information online or via email.


That's strange, I only received 4 pages none of which contained scholarship information. No e-mail yet either... I'm going to take a guess that you're applying as an out of state student?



Yes, I am out of state. I first received an email on 10/19 inviting me to join the FSU admitted student organization or something like that. Then, I received a packet in the mail with acceptance information, scholarship, and residency requirements. I didn't receive an email from FSU for nearly a month after that though.
Last edited by a2blifeUIUC on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby seancris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I've noticed that it's mostly (only?) OOS applicants who have reported scholarships on LSN. Sounds like we should all apply as OOSers and correct our info once they offer a scholarship lol.

nmlf16
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby nmlf16 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm

a2blifeUIUC wrote:
Dimitri wrote:
a2blifeUIUC wrote:
patricksouthern wrote:I've still not received any info on scholarships (admitted 11/15). Should I take that to mean I'm not going to be in contention for any?


My scholarship information was on the 5th or 6th page of the packet they mailed to me. There was no information online or via email.


That's strange, I only received 4 pages none of which contained scholarship information. No e-mail yet either... I'm going to take a guess that you're applying as an out of state student?



Yes, I am out of state. I first received an email on 10/19 inviting me to going the FSU admitted student organization or something like that. Then, I received a packet in the mail with acceptance information, scholarship, and residency requirements. I didn't receive an email from FSU for nearly a month after that though.


I got my acceptance packet and didn't see any scholly info. I got en email last week, so about 3 weeks after being accepted, that invited me to fill out my info again so they could consider me for scholarships, whether they were merit, need-based, or topic specific. I haven't heard back since completing the online form for them. Anyone else get an email like this?

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby North » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Under Review today, 12/5.

Went complete on 11/14.

User avatar
seancris
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby seancris » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:34 pm

North wrote:Under Review today, 12/5.

Went complete on 11/14.


+1

Sean Bateman
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby Sean Bateman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Congrats all. Current 3L here. Picked FSU over UF for essentially the same reasons already stated. Anyway, it's been a great three years. In short, the people are friendly, the faculty are great and incredibly accessible, and the quality of life in Tallahassee and at the law school is A+. Law school is not for everyone, that much I've learned- but if you're dead set on it, I think FSU is a fine fine choice. Happy to answer questions via PM or on the forum. Caveat: I don't check in on here very often, so you may not get an incredibly quick response- but when available, I am happy to help those considering FSU Law.

PS- If you're having any doubts, come visit- that did a lot for me.

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

seancris wrote:
North wrote:Under Review today, 12/5.

Went complete on 11/14.


+1


Nice! I'm still complete -_-

At least we're finally seeing some movement.

chomp
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby chomp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Progress!
App complete 11/14, under review 12/5.
Last edited by chomp on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby North » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:01 am

Accepted via phone a couple minutes ago. Here comes the movement, guys!

Complete 11/14, Under review 12/5, in on 12/6.

3.3/168

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby slawww » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am

North wrote:Accepted via phone a couple minutes ago. Here comes the movement, guys!

Complete 11/14, Under review 12/5, in on 12/6.

3.3/168


Congrats!

I'm still complete, but my LSAT is lower than yours, so I'm hoping to hear back by early next week.

chomp
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby chomp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

chomp wrote:Progress!
App complete 11/14, under review 12/5.

accepted by phone call this morning!

User avatar
fragrock
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2016 (2012-2013) cycle

Postby fragrock » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 pm

This is obviously late in the game, but I'm prepping my last round of apps and FSU is one of them. For the 500 word personal statement requirement, did anyone edit existing personal statements? Or should I just give in and write one specifically for FSU? Hoping to finish up the app to submit tonight.

Thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, christinaxcarrie, curry1, govlife, jer0689, laurlaur2112, lawschoolapp1987, smashbash, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., tinafeyclone and 33 guests